watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Party Time in Jacksonville - Saturday 26th July

Started by Logicalman, April 25, 2014, 10:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logicalman

OK then, who remembers the All Stars v Fulham game? Lets party ....
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

YankeeJim

Quote from: Logicalman on April 25, 2014, 10:08:26 PM

MLS All Stars??? As I remember, we lost.
Is there something going on in Jacksonville on the 26th?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Logicalman

Quote from: YankeeJim on April 26, 2014, 09:15:15 PM
Quote from: Logicalman on April 25, 2014, 10:08:26 PM

MLS All Stars??? As I remember, we lost.
Is there something going on in Jacksonville on the 26th?

Yeah, but we came second!!!  And the party that followed was something to remember.  See you in July?
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

YankeeJim

YankeeJim

BTW, round trip to Jax are about $400, than a car and a hotel....will there be beer?  :dft011:

Logicalman

Quote from: YankeeJim on April 26, 2014, 10:19:41 PM
BTW, round trip to Jax are about $400, than a car and a hotel....will there be beer?  :dft011:

A bunch of brits and you have to ask that!!   fp.gif    :beer:  082.gif  082.gif  078.gif  :wine:  065.gif  :Happy New Year 2:

YankeeJim

Quote from: Logicalman on April 26, 2014, 11:08:10 PM
Quote from: YankeeJim on April 26, 2014, 10:19:41 PM

A bunch of brits and you have to ask that!!   fp.gif    :beer:  082.gif  082.gif  078.gif  :wine:  065.gif  :Happy New Year 2:

I feel like a dentist, pulling a tooth. What is happening on the 26th?

Logicalman

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/april/25/everbank-friendly

EverBank Friendly
Friday 25 April 2014 20:19

Fulham Football Club and D.C. United are scheduled to play a friendly match at Jacksonville's EverBank Field on Saturday 26th July. The match will be part of pre-season preparations for the Club in advance of the 2014/15 season, while it will be a mid-season friendly for D.C. United. The Jacksonville Jaguars and SMG are hosting the event.

"We're looking forward to staging this match for fans of both types of football and introducing Fulham not only to Jacksonville, but to fans throughout the state and nation," said Shahid Khan, Owner of Fulham and the Jaguars. "There is great passion in the Jacksonville area for soccer, and this will be a rare opportunity to see our Fulham team play in Jacksonville, and against one of the premier professional franchises in American soccer."

D.C. United plays in Major League Soccer (MLS) and is a four-time league champion. Ticket information for this match will be provided at a later date, along with starting time and further details.

------- O --------

NOW will you be there !  :58:     I'll even stand you a drink - hows that for bribery?  :beer:

Go on, cough it, you were having a bubble, weren't you.

YankeeJim

Having a bubble? You can take a Englishman to America but you can't teach him the language. LOL

I'll certainly look at my options. Have you selected a hotel?

BTW, you'll get to see Eddie Johnson. Isn't that exciting?

Logicalman

Quote from: YankeeJim on April 27, 2014, 05:22:36 PM
Having a bubble? You can take a Englishman to America but you can't teach him the language. LOL

Yeah, I've been told that too often, I just say my brains too old to be rewired with another language!!

SWMBO found a good hotel just within walking distance of the ground, and also cheap flights/drive into Sandford. Likely we'll be there from the Thursday thru Sunday (so she can visit the beach for a day). We're waiting for Fulham to give confirmation and ticket offers, and then we'll book up. I'm hoping Heather and/or Mo (FUSA) will assist in organizing a meet and we can share the hotel/flight info on there.  I'll make sure there's a sticky on here as well for the fixture.

Oh yeah, fast Eddie, wonder if he's found his third gear yet! 

YankeeJim

Quote from: Logicalman on April 27, 2014, 07:15:16 PM
Quote from: YankeeJim on April 27, 2014, 05:22:36 PM

Yeah, I've been told that too often, I just say my brains too old to be rewired with another language!!

SWMBO found a good hotel just within walking distance of the ground, and also cheap flights/drive into Sandford. Likely we'll be there from the Thursday thru Sunday (so she can visit the beach for a day). We're waiting for Fulham to give confirmation and ticket offers, and then we'll book up. I'm hoping Heather and/or Mo (FUSA) will assist in organizing a meet and we can share the hotel/flight info on there.  I'll make sure there's a sticky on here as well for the fixture.

Oh yeah, fast Eddie, wonder if he's found his third gear yet! 

Keep me apprised as to developments. I might fancy a free beer.  082.gif

valdeingruo

Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

CincyFulham1

Let's try and get as many folks as we can at the hotel and have a nice walk to stadium, singing songs ect.

YankeeJim

Just occurred to me that if we can get enough bods together we could request a meeting with Khan either at the hotel or at the match site. Perhaps we could talk him into some sort of TV package or at least a round of Fullers.

YankeeJim

valdeingruo

I like your idea YankeeJim, a meeting would be best. Maybe discuss a youtube broadcast of matches if possible or at the very least get a Man City prematch video(thats top stuff, even if it is City)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab7mSQdbkDw

valdeingruo

Looks like things could be complicated a bit with a concert and video unveil afterwords.

love4ffc

Love to meet some fellow ffc fans.  Any update on hotel? 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Logicalman

Still waiting on confirmation from Fulham/DC/Jags as to tickets, etc.

Fulham/DC have announced it, but nothing on the Jags site as such.

YankeeJim

Count me in. The group will need someone to be illogical to balance things out.  049:gif