watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Distraught

Started by reillers, April 26, 2014, 04:57:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denver Fulham

I would like to know what the conversation was with Sidwell at halftime. He was clearly struggling, the gaffer uses two subs at the half and neither is for Sidwell, when we all know Diarra making 90 minutes is a complete crapshoot? That made absolutely no sense. Holtby wasn't great in the first half, but that wasn't really his fault. He had five defenders and three holding midfielders supporting him and Hugo.

Magath's sub problem was compounded by the bench selection. There wasn't anyone but Kasami to bring on for Sidwell who made any sense formation-wise.

So he went 4-4-2 and then we scored (twice) quickly and then were stuck with a formation that couldn't defend a lead, especially when Diarra couldn't move and then Heitinga got a knock, too.

All that said, we should have seen the match out. Both Hull goals were from nothing. A comedy shank/virtual OG and Amorebieta never seeing Long's far post run and then whiffing on a simple header. Or we should have scored a third before that.

Like everything that's gone on this season, what happened was totally unnecessary and sickening.

Neil D

Quote from: Mokes on April 26, 2014, 07:18:33 PM

The fat lady hasn't sung yet..
She's sung and in the taxi home.

YankeeJim

Quote from: Pluto on April 26, 2014, 05:04:55 PM
Quote from: Wingnut on April 26, 2014, 04:59:30 PM
Our subs were used. Nothing the man could do.

Anyway, Hughes could officially relegate us next week. What a terrible thought.

If we'd started our best players in the first place, or at least taken off the blatantly injured Sidwell they wouldn't have been used.

Sidders should have come off instead of Holtby.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

premFlem

Quote from: Neil D on April 26, 2014, 07:43:34 PM
Quote from: Mokes on April 26, 2014, 07:18:33 PM

The fat lady hasn't sung yet..
She's sung and in the taxi home.
Thats youre fat lady, my fat lady's got ninety minutes against stoke and maybe more. it not over till its over.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

westcliff white

Quote from: DUKE on April 26, 2014, 07:22:23 PM
we did take the ball to the corner. rodallega couldn't hold on to it
With 5 to go we should have been time wasting a lot more is my point, but your right he did and that shows how good he actually is
Every day is a Fulham day

Jem

Worst of all we will have to go through this 46 times next season ..........then again, with a re-vamped team, it could be quite exciting!
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

Travers Barney

Quote from: Artful Dodger on April 26, 2014, 05:27:28 PM
To be fair, we were in no trouble at all until that freak first goal. Reither's tackle / clearance (whatever it was) could have gone over for a corner or in to the arms of Stockdale. It went in the only 6 inches of space that could have led to a goal and that was from 20 yards away. From then at 2-1 it was panic stations. It's the small margins in this league and that bit of luck we needed.

And it didn't help Sidwell being injured. If he had gone off at 1-0, I don't think Bent would have come on but we needed a goal. The fact we couldn't bring anyone else on after that was more a reflection that Richardson or Dejagah should have started.

Good post A.D

coyw
We are the whites

epsomraver

Quote from: Pluto on April 26, 2014, 05:04:55 PM

If we'd started our best players in the first place, or at least taken off the blatantly injured Sidwell they wouldn't have been used.

0001.jpeg and starting with just Hugo up front for the first half was a real tactical error, theit goalie could have gone for a kip .

YankeeJim

Quote from: Jem on April 26, 2014, 09:24:11 PM
Worst of all we will have to go through this 46 times next season ..........then again, with a re-vamped team, it could be quite exciting!

38 matches
"Stand up if you still believe"

Lighthouse

Hughes was right to leave and was right with the reasons he gave when he left. We have had no ambition and deserve to go down because our club have almost worked for it. Hughes jumped when it was clear Al was giving up. So seems only fair.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

YankeeJim

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 27, 2014, 12:58:15 AM

Hughes was right to leave and was right with the reasons he gave when he left. We have had no ambition and deserve to go down because our club have almost worked for it. Hughes jumped when it was clear Al was giving up. So seems only fair.

Oh Grand Beacon: you are always so negative. Perhaps it you had polished that lens of yours the Fulham ship would not have run aground. We all need a  :group hug: and keep the faith. COYW!

Cravenawin

Quote from: reillers on April 26, 2014, 05:40:55 PM
Quote from: jarv on April 26, 2014, 05:19:57 PM
I don't get it. He subbed 2 at half time when both Diarra and Sidwell were struggling, but he left them on. That cost us the game.
Thats it in a nutshell....

Riise and Diarra should have been the two off at half time.Holtby could then have gone to his best position, behind Rodders, Sidwell and Parker in midfield. When Sidwell got injured, bring on Kvist.Its not rocket science. Holtby was ineffective because he was being played as a winger for Christ sake. Diarra was limping after 20 mins.