more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What to do as a foreigner...

Started by MayoDomo, April 28, 2014, 05:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MayoDomo

This is all assuming we go down...

Hey guys so I'm an American supporter since 2003, and I don't really know what to do if we get relegated.  I won't be able to watch any games, the media will be inferior to its already lacking state, and I'll just generally be out of the loop.  Do I pick a different team in the PL and support both, should I pick a team from another league, should I just suck it up and read the limited coverage that we get, or should I just drop watching football all together.  I'm extremely loyal in nature and wouldn't pick another team over Fulham, Fulham would always be my number 1, but I'm somewhat at a loss for what to do.
For Fulham News, Opinions, and Streaming Updates Follow me at https://twitter.com/MayoDomo!

FPT

Heck, it still affects us in the UK.

I'm moving to Bournemouth for university, and with limited funds, I can't travel to the Cottage, so I won't be able to watch either.

However, Sky Sports do very good highlights packages on Championship football, plus, they'll be an increase in fan articles etc to cover the lack of newspaper stuff. They'll be ways, but the only times we'll be on tv are late midweek games and the lunch time on Sky Sports.

You may want to pick another side to watch, whilst also looking out for Fulham's results, I'm sure you can stream Sky Sports' Soccer Saturday or BBC's Football Focus.

There'll be options to find out what is happening.

YankeeJim

Is Sky a subscription service or can it be accessed by the casual observer?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

MJG

For guys abroad if we are doing well we should be on sky a few times so you should be able to watch streams of games.
I fully expect to be first game of the championship season on sky on Friday night 8th August.

FPT

Quote from: YankeeJim on April 28, 2014, 05:46:53 PM
Is Sky a subscription service or can it be accessed by the casual observer?

Subscription, but I'm sure you can stream it direct. Like this site for example:

http://cricfree.tv/sky-sports-news-live-stream.php

As you can see, there's links to over a dozen different sports channels.

Craven Mad

The football league show on BBC gives highlights - I don't know if you could watch that. Plus, as a former-prem team, we'll get more Sky coverage than most championship teams (even if this is far less than premier league teams). Or gentlemen Jims commentary.

There'll be ways, but it's not ideal for anyone.

Neil D

Don't do a 'Lily Allen'.  Find a high-profile team in another country to watch with a clear conscience.  I was going to suggest AS Roma who will be in the Champions League and have Michael Bradley but I've discovered he moved to Toronto in January...

valdeingruo

Back to Gentleman Jim, always has a decent way to convey the match.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

HatterDon

Quote from: MayoDomo on April 28, 2014, 05:33:04 PM

Hey guys so I'm an American supporter since 2003, and I don't really know what to do if we get relegated.  I won't be able to watch any games, the media will be inferior to its already lacking state, and I'll just generally be out of the loop.  Do I pick a different team in the PL and support both, should I pick a team from another league, should I just suck it up and read the limited coverage that we get, or should I just drop watching football all together.  I'm extremely loyal in nature and wouldn't pick another team over Fulham, Fulham would always be my number 1, but I'm somewhat at a loss for what to do.

We've covered this before on this site, but here goes again.

Fulham WILL  be available on TV next season -- just not every week. This season beIN Sports is carrying Championship games -- often 2 or 3 a weekend -- as well as League Cup matches. Fox has two channels devoted to FA Cup games. Of course, if you watch football on your computer, cell phone or wrist watch, I have no idea how you'll find those matches on the weekend.

You won't see as many fulham matches next season as in the last few, but if you've been following FFC since 2003-04 -- as I have -- you'll see almost as many matches as you saw in your first two or three seasons. I think it was usually 5-6 matches a season.

Fulham matches will also be available via Internet radio -- through Gentleman Jim. You can get those through the Official web site, and they are vastly entertaining.

As for other teams, I usually watch 4-7 Premier League games every weekend, and I expect to continue to watch 2-3 next season. I'm not sure how you actively support two teams, but there are teams that I enjoy watching just for the quality of football, and I also like to watch Americans play when possible.

As I said before in another thread like this, "I don't support the Premier League. I support Fulham."
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Big Martin Jol

I'll be following us however I can.

If we're not in the top flight then I'll probably keep an eye on Arsenal. Of the big teams they're my favourite - they play good football on a relatively tight budget. Plus they ALWAYS let you down, so there's that regular dose of disappointment that supporting Fulham eventually makes you crave.
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

DiceMan

Support your local MLS club. That's what I plan on doing if we go down. I've never seen Championship matches being shown in US. I also plan on following Fulham through Gentleman Jim on the official FFC website. His live radio coverage is very entertaining! Surprised he hasn't had a heart attack on air this season. I like to guess how many pints he'll be having after by the sound of disappointment in his voice.

If you swap for another PL club what will you do when Fulham are back up? Swap again? You can still enjoy watching the PL by rooting for the underdog in each match. Except it won't hurt when they lose.

Jonaldiniho 88

I will be travelling through se Asia and Australia for a year or two and the problem of watching fulham from there has worried me for a while. Seems abroad they oftern play more pl matches than u get in the uk and I was quite looking forward to this. Fulhamish has struck hard and low on this one but I guess me and gentleman Jim will be getting much better aquainted.
   When getting all my immunisations I asked if they could stop me from caring but apparently supporting fulham is untreatable.

lamby

Here in Australia we can watch every Premier League game live. I have seen almost every Fulham game since I moved back (most not live as they are at 2 am). I will miss this IF we go down.

Hong Kong Fulham fan

Yep agreed lamby. Here in Hong Kong we get every single PL match throughout the season. Although I fly over to about 10 games per season it will be terrible if we go down as the Championship is not shown on the TV.

MasterHaynes

When
Quote from: MayoDomo on April 28, 2014, 05:33:04 PM

When I'm over in the states I pick up Championship games every weekend. Had my fill of QPR over there. Not sure where you are but I have a Digital sports package from Brighthouse($15 a month)and there are always a number of live Championship games with some recorded ones.