more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Press conference notes:

Started by FPT, May 01, 2014, 12:16:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FPT

There's usually a post but isn't at the moment, so here's the notes:

Magath: Team quite fit apart from Steve Sidwell.

Magath: Players got excited after being 2-0 up and tried to score more rather than not concede.

Magath on Hull: It was terrible.

Magath: Two wins will be enough to keep Fulham up.

Magath: We know that Stoke is a very good team at home but we are confident that we have developed in the last weeks

Magath: There is no doubt about my future. I will remain here.

Magath: It's a wonderful club which has problems at the moment with the first team. We have a good youth academy. I'm here to build a team.

Magath on transfers: I don't care about next season, it's not necessary now, we have so much time after the end of the season.

Magath: Sidwell not currently in training, but there's still hope he may be fit.

Magath: The players know how to kick, but it's always a question of mentality. That is what we've developed.

Magath: We're fighting to stay in the league.

Magath says keeping Fulham up would be his greatest achievement.

Magath on relegation: I don't know that situation. I don't want to know what it feels like.

Magath: The supporters were fantastic against Hull and the players got too emotional.

Magath on Holtby: Last Saturday he was a little bit nervous, that's why I took him off.

Magath on Mitroglou: He may be in the squad, he's been training all week.

Magath on Amorebieta scoring: For him it's a new environment, but I think he'll develop depending on his abilities.

Magath: I'm always nervous. Without being nervous, you cannot bring 100%.

ChesterTheTabby

Mitro training all week? Hmm...
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

aaronmcguigan

Magath: The players know how to kick, but it's always a question of mentality. That is what we've developed.

Shouldnt they all know how to kick regardless of mentality. Its only a football after all

MJG

Magath on Holtby: Last Saturday he was a little bit nervous, that's why I took him off.

and then he says

???

Southcoastffc

Oh dear - no Sidwell.  :-(((  

Miroglou may be in the squad?  064.gif

Amorebieta.....will develop depending on his abilities (something lost in translation I think)
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Rhys Lightning 63

Yeah sorry, that's usually my job. Got caught up talking to the editor of TimeOut London, so wasn't at a computer
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Southcoastffc

Quote from: MJG on May 01, 2014, 12:42:10 PM

and then he says

???
I think we hang on managers' words and our manager's English, while very very good, is sometimes a little ambiguous.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

MJG

Quote from: Southcoastffc on May 01, 2014, 12:44:18 PM
Quote from: MJG on May 01, 2014, 12:42:10 PM

and then he says

???
I think we hang on managers' words and our manager's English, while very very good, is sometimes a little ambiguous.
I know, it was just odd that's all. I had heard that Holby was ill, so maybe that's what it was really.

rusty shackleford

MJG

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on May 01, 2014, 12:43:16 PM
Yeah sorry, that's usually my job. Got caught up talking to the editor of TimeOut London, so wasn't at a computer
Look you either give 100% effort at doing this right or not

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: MJG on May 01, 2014, 12:59:57 PM

I'm sorry sir, please forgive me sir, I won't do it again sir
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

ffc73

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on May 01, 2014, 01:07:53 PM
Quote from: MJG on May 01, 2014, 12:59:57 PM

I'm sorry sir, please forgive me sir, I won't do it again sir

Rhys.  Its ok.  We understand your nervous and not able to give 100%.  Go join Holtby for some tranquillisers

JBH

Magath: It's a wonderful club which has problems at the moment with the first team. We have a good youth academy. I'm here to build a team.

This is  a positive for me  065.gif

The Enclosurite

Quote from: JBH on May 01, 2014, 01:36:22 PM

This is  a positive for me  065.gif

Indeed.  Whatever happens in the next game or two, I think we're in good hands for next season.
¡COYW!

PokerMatt

For the first time in a long time it seems there's something being worked towards, even if he doesn't have the right players to do it.

I'd be furious if we got rid of him if we go down. He's at the age where it could well be his last job and he clearly wants to leave a legacy.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

The Enclosurite

Next season will hopefully see the dawn of 'New Fulham' and the feel good factor will make an appearance once again.

Fingers crossed anyway!!
¡COYW!

The Enclosurite

Or maybe that should be 'Old Fulham' finally returning.
¡COYW!

General

Quote from: Southcoastffc on May 01, 2014, 12:42:45 PM
Oh dear - no Sidwell.  :-((( 

Miroglou may be in the squad?  064.gif

Amorebieta.....will develop depending on his abilities (something lost in translation I think)

Or perhaps that all abilities are based on your attitude, without the desire and attitude to change something/adapt or improve your abilities wont.