News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Petition - Get Sunderland Deducted points...

Started by KingstonWhite, April 28, 2014, 07:29:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

Quote from: nose on April 29, 2014, 12:19:06 AM
Quote from: God The Mechanic on April 28, 2014, 11:00:21 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on April 28, 2014, 10:32:41 PM
The Tevez affair was about 3rd party ownership if I remember and that is illegal as the team don't own the players registration, I could be wrong tho, if I am right it's not the same situation.

Also FL rules are differently that do the PL in respect to arc wimbledons punishment

We'll be a football league team next year though :'(

the point was that fundamental rules were broken and need to be punished correctly... everyone expected a points deduction but none happened. I was trying to indicate that the prem do not take the required action and as a result set a very poor example/

yes i believe the league are different, but they seem to have more of an idea about this.
Apologies I thought you were comparing the incidents. The Tevez was a clear case for most that points should have been docked.
Every day is a Fulham day

SAFC Fan

Quote from: nose on April 28, 2014, 10:25:01 PM
i think we should sign. this was a case of bias towards one of the premier leagues favourites, a big club in the NE with a big stadium, it was more about money than fairness IMO. The descision was barking and we should say so.

It compares unfourably with how west ham and man utd were treated with regard to tevez.

I've never read anything that bigged up Sunderland as much as this post.  Big club, Premiership favourites, loads of money.  If one of our supporters wrote that I'd think they needed to be sectioned.

ffc73

This is not how I want to see us staying up. 

I think/thought we were 'bigger' than this.

We go down because we were not good enough over 38 games.

Nero

we would look even stupider when we are relegated by one point and that point deduction would see us go down due to our goal difference. its villa we need to aim for

Jem

I just went onto the petition web to see how many had signed. I didn't sign but clicked on browse out of curiosity. Take a look at the petition for a father trying to get his autistic son back home. Now that one is worth signing.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

LeeFFC

Nick Bateman

A worthy cause.  Sunderland should be deducted points.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

SAFC Fan

Deanothefulhamfan

Because some fans are trying to cling onto the slightest bit of hope for staying up. Very desperate, if only our players had shown the same sort of desperation on the pitch, then we would not be in this mess

We don't deserve to be in the league....

SAFC Fan

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on April 30, 2014, 08:36:41 AM
Because some fans are trying to cling onto the slightest bit of hope for staying up. Very desperate, if only our players had shown the same sort of desperation on the pitch, then we would not be in this mess

We don't deserve to be in the league....

You can't say that really, the season isn't over and you guys are in the mire but not adrift.  Given our game in hand I wouldn't swap positions with you, and don't envy you having Stoke away but as we've seen with our games at City and Chelsea anything can happen.  It's squeaky bum time over the next couple of weeks for everyone at the bottom, could be interesting.

Logicalman

I asked this previously - can someone provide a link to the regulations, especially the penalties for those regulations, that specify what the punishments are, and whether they are mandatory or advice only.

I'm not interested in opinions, just in where I can find it.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

ToodlesMcToot

I just couldn't get onboard with the idea of docking another team just to try and ensure our own salvation. I'd have to face the fact that that was the only reason that I did it. Just would be bad karma.

I recall reading the applicable law, or a portion of it, and remember quite clearly that a deduction in points was not mandatory, only a possibility depending upon the nature of the infraction (fielding the ineligible player). Sunderland were punished, I believe, to the extent the FA deemed appropriate in this case. I have no further argument with it.

Also, was the ineligible player only fielded in a cup competition? I don't know.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

SAFC Fan

Quote from: Logicalman on April 30, 2014, 06:25:22 PM
I asked this previously - can someone provide a link to the regulations, especially the penalties for those regulations, that specify what the punishments are, and whether they are mandatory or advice only.

can't see the article but it was in the sidebar of the BBC sport article.  There are two sets or rules that could have been applicable, the PL and FA, PL was used.

SAFC Fan

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on April 30, 2014, 07:12:37 PM
Also, was the ineligible player only fielded in a cup competition? I don't know.

1 cup game, 4 league games.

sweek

Quote from: bucksfulham on April 30, 2014, 06:43:52 PM
What's the downside of a petition?  I've signed. Says 879 signatures still needed.
The downside is that it feels like a ridiculously petty thing to do, and also that it won't make a single difference. The FA has already found them guilty - a points deduction is one of the options but they chose another one.

I want us to stay up based on our results, and if those results aren't good enough, we deserve to go down. Sunderland might've made a mistake but it's not like they gained any advantage from the one they played him - they actually went from being ahead to a draw while that player was on the pitch.

Logicalman

Quote from: SAFC Fan on April 30, 2014, 08:02:00 PM

can't see the article but it was in the sidebar of the BBC sport article.  There are two sets or rules that could have been applicable, the PL and FA, PL was used.

Found the article (http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26878545) but no other reference to anything official. The artcle does say they were fined, and no points deducted, and that they gained 1 point from the 4 matches played, but doesn't provide what the punishment could have actually been.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

SAFC Fan

Quote from: Logicalman on May 01, 2014, 05:01:50 AM
Quote from: SAFC Fan on April 30, 2014, 08:02:00 PM

can't see the article but it was in the sidebar of the BBC sport article.  There are two sets or rules that could have been applicable, the PL and FA, PL was used.

Found the article (http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26878545) but no other reference to anything official. The artcle does say they were fined, and no points deducted, and that they gained 1 point from the 4 matches played, but doesn't provide what the punishment could have actually been.
The punishment could have included a fine, deduction of points (1 point), or replays.  I'd be happy enough playing those 4 games again

MasterHaynes

Does sound like sour grapes but I would like the FA to explain why within a couple of weeks they allow a premier team  to get away with a ridiculously small fine(in relation as a % of payments received as a member of said league) and a small club like Wimbledon are docked 3 points plus a small 5k fine (not when taken as % income)plus costs for the exact same offence. They may not have any influence over the premier league committee but they could ban Sunderland for a couple of seasons FA cup to even it up. If the FA is to continue in its role it needs to actually be seen to do the right thing regardless especially when the Premier big boys close ranks on their little club.

JudgeBread

Post on a Newcastle united forum and you'd get thousands of sign ups surely

SAFC Fan

Quote from: MasterHaynes on May 01, 2014, 10:24:28 AM
Does sound like sour grapes but I would like the FA to explain why within a couple of weeks they allow a premier team  to get away with a ridiculously small fine(in relation as a % of payments received as a member of said league) and a small club like Wimbledon are docked 3 points plus a small 5k fine (not when taken as % income)plus costs for the exact same offence. They may not have any influence over the premier league committee but they could ban Sunderland for a couple of seasons FA cup to even it up. If the FA is to continue in its role it needs to actually be seen to do the right thing regardless especially when the Premier big boys close ranks on their little club.
. The FA didn't have anything to do with Sunderland's punishment as far as I know.  Sure it was the PL in our case and the FL in Wimbledon's.