watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Youth Cup Final

Started by FFCSteve, April 28, 2014, 07:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeyffc28

sorry for posting if i have missed it being said somewhere else - will away goals count in this 2 leg final?

SKSW6

Quote from: BishopsParkFantastic on April 29, 2014, 01:09:48 PM
Quote from: MasterHaynes on April 29, 2014, 08:36:23 AM
Well said JBH.
It was a great game to watch , shame we could not fill the JH but the support was good.

Chelsea were a great team with some really talented individuals. I was really impressed by our defending as a team, Donnelly and Burgess always seemed to be in the right place at the right time reacting quicker than everyone else when needed(first team take note). Hyndman was magnificent on the night, calm and assured brought composure to our play, never wasted a pass and made a number of key tackles on the edge of the box, I have never, ever, seen him celebrate a goal, normally head down casually walking back for restart, he deserved that goal for his performance on the night. Williams was outstanding, took a lot of kicks but just came back for more. Pleased to see Deano get on and show what he could do, he is the next Damien Duff a really talented player, his crosses are generally inch perfect, has pace with a great shot and tackles like a seasoned fullback.

The team played well, moved the ball quickly and continued to try and pass the ball despite Chelsea' s very effective pressing. Sheckleford had a difficult game and drew the short straw last night as their No 11 was very skillful, fast and  disciplined keeping wide, never stopped making runs every time they came forward, for me one of their best players last night. For a small player he is very strong, shielded the ball well and knocked Fulham players off the ball and against Solomon S thats a real achievement.  Chelsea got their tactics right as Sheckleford was regularly left one on one with him because the way they played the ball out from their back 3 drawing Williams to mark their No 2.

Not sure what to do in the 2nd leg, Wigley will need to get his thinking cap on. We need to press Chelsea higher up the pitch without leaving gaps in midfield to be exploited by a talented Chelsea midfield trio. It will make a change to look forward travelling to Chelsea next week believing we can win the game and certainly score. Well done the team, great performance lets hope you can get over the line and win the cup.

I was there - having seen them in earlier rounds. I find it a different experience, thoroughly enjoyable and less stressful! The Johnny Haynes stand should have been full to overflowing. Lovely evening, cheap tickets, food and drink, affordable programme, playing chelsea our local rivals, first time in the final..... I think the club could have done more to promote the match.

To be fair to the club, there was a lot of build-up on the social media channels, just maybe not far enough in advance so people could organise around the tube strikes. We can make up for it now by turning out in numbers for the second leg.

cmg

Quote from: mikeyffc28 on April 29, 2014, 01:27:27 PM
sorry for posting if i have missed it being said somewhere else - will away goals count in this 2 leg final?

Don't think so.

"27. PROVISIONS FOR THE FINAL
(a) The Final shall be played on a "Home and Home" basis. Unless otherwise mutually agreed,
the Club first drawn shall play the first match at home and the Club second drawn shall play
the second match at home.
(b) The first match shall be of 90 minutes duration.
(c) If the aggregate score is level at the end of the second match, an extra 30 minutes shall be
played with 15 minutes in each half and If the score is still level at the end of extra time, the
winner shall be determined by the taking of kicks from the penalty mark in accordance with
the procedure adopted by the International Football Association Board. "

mikeyffc28

alfie

Funny how things don't change, re comment about taking off the wrong player, when we don't actually know why he was taken off, and someone said later that it looked like he had a limp when he went off, if that is the case then the wrong player was'nt taken off.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

kdjr100

Quote from: alfie on April 29, 2014, 03:24:15 PM
Funny how things don't change, re comment about taking off the wrong player, when we don't actually know why he was taken off, and someone said later that it looked like he had a limp when he went off, if that is the case then the wrong player was'nt taken off.

In my defence that was why I posted it on here, to see if anybody knew the reason why he was taken off seeing as I thought Evans was performing really well and keeping their right winger very quiet.
"and there's a tidal wave on the Thames!"

Bill2

Quote from: mikeyffc28 on April 29, 2014, 01:27:27 PM
Saw on the Board somewhere that they don't count double. If all square after 2nd leg extra time then penalties.

Shredhead

Really enjoyed it last night. They played with grit and skill.
I know it's only halftime but it was great at last to see Fulham winning in a cup final (I missed the Intertoto).
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

Harold Shand

Quote from: epsomraver on April 28, 2014, 10:51:08 PM
Quote from: Riverside on April 28, 2014, 09:45:35 PM
Sad I didn't get there

How many did ? Decent crowd ?

Would had said almost  two thirds of JH full about 300 Filth  fans in the Putney end  and the centre block of the graveyard full of dignataries
Quote from: epsomraver on April 28, 2014, 10:51:08 PM
Quote from: Riverside on April 28, 2014, 09:45:35 PM
Sad I didn't get there

How many did ? Decent crowd ?