watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Blessing in disguise?

Started by epsomraver, June 05, 2010, 11:12:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

epsomraver

Rio out Dawson in, on form it seems to me to be a far better option. Dawson has really played well this season, I have never rated Ferdinand, I think he gets in on the Man U player theme

LBNo11

...I think you are right - I'm disappointed that Capello has carried on the tradition of picking players from 'big' teams rather than players who are on form - I suppose he is giving the 'golden generation' one last chance to prove them worthy of that epithet...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

epsomraver

Glad you answered my post, I was getting ready to leave!!!

jarv

I agree. In fact Capello's choices look very "Italian". Italy always seem to go for experience, established big club players first, ie, older players. (It has been successful). I was very disappointed, after saying there would be no bench warmers or injured players in the squad and he has gone with quite a few.

Biggest disappointment for me was dropping Johnson. I think the winger could have been a star. Then again, Capello doesn't make decisions on "I think"... I suppose.

I wonder what he "thinks" about fat franki's penalty taking skills now.

ImperialWhite

My view is that unless gets the chance to put a penalty away before a shootout, he shouldn't take one. Especially not an important one.

leonffc

unsure myself. And I cant see Dawson getting a game anyway. I see him more of a replacement for Terry (not great with the ball but is think enough to stick his head where it hurts). I would imagine Ledley will get the nod or maybe Upson  :002:

HatterDon

I think it is a blessing. Rio was not fully fit before his injury. As a matter of fact, I think England would be best served with Dawson and King as the center two. Each of them is at the top of his form. Terry has looked awful the last three months or so [no tears here].

After watching the USA-Aussie match today, it's obvious that you're going to need quick, sharp central defenders the way that ball swoops about. Any pass over 15 yards is a lottery. I think Terry and Rio were begging to be taken apart under those conditions. Three premiership goalkeepers were on display in that match, and each of them misjudged ball after ball. You need defenders who can react quickly and adjust. Dawson and King are your best at that IMHO.

And, yes, I know King has fitness issues. I just think he's your best central defender by a long chalk.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Dawson has never played in the finals of a major tournament.  He has no experience at all of what is before him.

Let's hope that he can carry his good form of this season into a different level.  I hope he does us proud!

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

never been convinced by Rio,the guy cannot adapt,he cannot play a different role,he can only play one way and that would cause "us" problems against teams like Italy & Germany.Now he's gone I feel a little more confident that we have the "inform player" instead of a crock relying on his reputation to get him through :doh: