News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What's everyone else got planned to take their mind off the Stoke game?

Started by Admin, May 02, 2014, 12:20:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berserker

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Rhys Lightning 63

I'm going to the game, no idea what I'll do to take my mind off it.

EDIT - I'll take my scrabble set with me, if we are 3-0 down with 10 minutes to go, I'll pop outside for a game, anyone ones to join me are welcome
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Lighthouse

Do what I always do

TRY AND TAKE OVER THE WORLD

Or watch Pinky and The Brain, do some digging, look at the time, notice its nearly three and have to run in and listen to the commentary.

Not as upset now, just want to rebuild for next season, whichever league we are in.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

akf

Likely taking my mind of the game will be the low quality streams that i get here in Tokyo.  I will be cursing the quality of the stream instead of the quality of the performance of the team.

terryr

How can anyone be doing anything except watching a dodgy stream and yelling at the screen???????????

epsomraver

have to go to France, to Calvados, might drink some as well!

ron

Quote from: Admin on May 02, 2014, 12:24:54 PM
Quote from: FPT on May 02, 2014, 12:23:49 PM
Sorry, there's a what throwing festival?

Knob throwing, haven't a clue, must be a West Country thing. Beats being beaten up by Stoke.

Perhaps it's akin to caber tossing....? :dft001:

Banstead White

Quote from: TerryR on May 02, 2014, 05:42:23 PM
How can anyone be doing anything except watching a dodgy stream and yelling at the screen???????????

Yep, thats just about me summed up also.....
Roysie

Holders

A Dorset Knob is a kind of (rather hard and somewhat tasteless) biscuit, probably best thrown. They're made by Moores in some small village I forget the name of on the A35 not so far from Dorchester as I recall. Moores' other offerings are considerably more palatable.

Sounds very Dorset to me...  Now, here in civilised Devon, we have egg- and bale tossing like normal people.

When in Dorchester why not visit Hardy's houses and Maiden Castle?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

jarv

Over here, NBC show every premier game so I feel obligated to watch. I will be in front of the telly at 10am tomorrow morning (our time) to watch. I am resigned to the loss so will probably just enjoy my cup of tea and sit quietly.
Having said all that, I had computer problems all day yesterday. Got it fixed by a techy and the same bloody problem has started again.
I wonder if FoF is planting a virus or two!!! Probably Martin Jol trying to get back at me for saying how useless he is, over and over again.
A draw will not be good enough tomorrow, having looked at the other games.

Full Metal Ham

Quote from: Admin on May 02, 2014, 12:24:54 PM
Quote from: FPT on May 02, 2014, 12:23:49 PM
Sorry, there's a what throwing festival?

Knob throwing, haven't a clue, must be a West Country thing. Beats being beaten up by Stoke.

Knob a la Dorset: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dorset_Knob

I am also down near Dorchester this wkend, if I see a reflective looking south londoner in the local then'll I'll be sure to get a round in.

have fun at the knob toss

Forever Fulham

I just can't watch this one.  So, I'm replacing my two front tires at the Firestone franchise near my home at 7:00 a.m.  Then I take the truck to Garland, Texas to help a friend and his charity org transport shelter dogs and cats to a nearby location for possible adoption.  I don't know what's more painful to watch -- Fulham play a must-win to avoid relegation into invisibility or looking through the cages at helpless former pets bewildered at how it came to this.  Hey, wait a minute...   Then, back home for Honey Do jobs.  By now the game will hopefully be recorded, the TV daring me to turn it on.  But instead I'll spend two hours moving furniture back into recarpeted rooms upstairs.  And then I'll assemble a headboard onto a new bed frame.  With the sense of great accomplishment I'll wander back downstairs and glance over at a still-dark TV.  Maybe grab a beer from the fridge.  And then my wife will likely ask me why I haven't 'turned the game on'. 

Burt

Going in to battle with Burt Jr who really doesn't give a toss about his pending GCSEs when he needs to give a toss.

:028:

Jem

Quote from: epsomraver on May 02, 2014, 06:31:21 PM
have to go to France, to Calvados, might drink some as well!
One of my favourite drinks. I may well imbibe when our fate is set!
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Forever Fulham on May 02, 2014, 08:37:17 PM
I just can't watch this one.  So, I'm replacing my two front tires at the Firestone franchise near my home at 7:00 a.m.  Then I take the truck to Garland, Texas to help a friend and his charity org transport shelter dogs and cats to a nearby location for possible adoption.  I don't know what's more painful to watch -- Fulham play a must-win to avoid relegation into invisibility or looking through the cages at helpless former pets bewildered at how it came to this.  Hey, wait a minute...   Then, back home for Honey Do jobs.  By now the game will hopefully be recorded, the TV daring me to turn it on.  But instead I'll spend two hours moving furniture back into recarpeted rooms upstairs.  And then I'll assemble a headboard onto a new bed frame.  With the sense of great accomplishment I'll wander back downstairs and glance over at a still-dark TV.  Maybe grab a beer from the fridge.  And then my wife will likely ask me why I haven't 'turned the game on'. 
Just like watching us watching Fulham you mean?
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

HatterDon

I'll be watching the match -- live -- but afterwards will travel down to the middle of the Eagle Ford Shale to play a very short, very lucrative gig. That will either cap a lovely Saturday, or will be a nice bit of compensation.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Tempest on May 02, 2014, 12:23:02 PM
16 mile run with a stunning blonde  :yay:
When you say "16 mile run with a stunning blond", I presume you are chasing her!!
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Admin

I've just been informed that there is a knob and spoon race and knob painting.

ron

Quote from: Forever Fulham on May 02, 2014, 08:37:17 PM

I love that expression "Honey Do" jobs. An unfamiliar term to me for a very familiar situation!

Is it in widespread use?

callumc513