watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sunday Fulham Stuff (06.06.10)

Started by White Noise, June 05, 2010, 10:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/football-hotline/2010/06/06/fulham-revive-interest-in-ledley-102039-22312427/

Fulham Revive Interest In Ledley

Jun 6 2010 by CRouter CRouter, The People

FULHAM are set to revive their interest in Cardiff City's in-demand midfielder Joe Ledley.

Celtic have made a bid for the Welsh star, but Craven Cottage boss Roy Hodgson is also a big fan.

Ledley, 23, is out of contract at Cardiff, but the Championship side would be entitled to compensation from an English club, as he is still under 24 and a home-grown talent.

Celtic, however, could grab the player on a free – boosting his wage packet.

EVERTON, STOKE and BLACKBURN are also tracking Ledley, who can play centrally or out wide.

Meanwhile, Cardiff chief Dave Jones wants his ex-Wolves defender Lee Naylor. He is available on a free after quitting Celtic.

WhiteJC

http://www.tribalfootball.com/etuhu-eager-discuss-new-fulham-contract-886551?
Etuhu eager to discuss new Fulham contract

Dickson Etuhu is keen to discuss a new contract with Fulham.

The Nigeria midfielder is currently preparing for the World Cup finals and wants his immediate focus to be on the tournament in South Africa.

He will head into the World Cup on the back of playing a key role in Fulham's run to last season's Europa League final and he is enjoying being part of Roy Hodgson's squad.

Etuhu, who turns 28 next week, has just 12 months remaining on his current contract at Fulham and talks regarding extensions for any players are on hold until later in the summer.

However, while Etuhu acknowledged he has not been approached regarding a new deal at the club, he stressed he is happy with the Cottagers.

"They haven't spoken to me, but it's not like I'm out of contract - I've still got a year left," Etuhu told the Fulham Chronicle.

"I'm just going to keep my head down, go to the World Cup and see what happens. I'm happy and want to stay here."

WhiteJC

http://www.imscouting.com/global-news-article/Schwarzer-holds-talks-with-Hodgson-over-Arsenal-transfer/8129/?
Schwarzer holds talks with Hodgson over Arsenal transfer

According to this morning's News of the World, Fulham goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer has spoken to Roy Hodgson about a much talked about move to Arsenal.

The 37-year-old is thought to be a target for Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger, who has been linked to a string of goalkeepers, including Robert Green and Gianluigi Buffon.  Given the doubts over current Arsenal stoppers Manuel Almunia and Lukasz Fabianski, Wenger is thought to have highlighted the need for a new goalkeeper.

Australian keeper Schwarzer would cost Arsenal £3million, according to the News of the World.  Although clearly not a long-term option as the Gunners' number one, Wenger would hope that he could provide some stability in goal.

The News of the World reports that Schwarzer has  held talks with Craven Cottage boss Roy Hodgson, who does not want to lose his number one but equally is reluctant to stand in his way of a dream move.  Schwarzer played a remarkable 52 games for Fulham last season, helping them to the Europa League final.  He has been a consistent presence in the Premier League during two seasons with Fulham and a lengthy spell at Middlesbrough.

Schwarzer has a year remaining on his Fulham contract.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: White Noise on June 06, 2010, 07:09:41 AM
http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/football-hotline/2010/06/06/fulham-revive-interest-in-ledley-102039-22312427/

FULHAM are set to revive their interest in Cardiff City's in-demand midfielder Joe Ledley.

Celtic have made a bid for the Welsh star, but Craven Cottage boss Roy Hodgson is also a big fan.

Ledley, 23, is out of contract at Cardiff, but the Championship side would be entitled to compensation from an English club, as he is still under 24 and a home-grown talent.

EVERTON, STOKE and BLACKBURN are also tracking Ledley, who can play centrally or out wide.

Meanwhile, Cardiff chief Dave Jones wants his ex-Wolves defender Lee Naylor. He is available on a free after quitting Celtic.

That would definitely be a major signing for Fulham! :clap_hands:

Brede Butter Pudding

Quote from: Mr Fulham on June 06, 2010, 12:52:58 PM

Unfortunately I really can't see this happening, particularly if Roy goes. I heard on the grapevine that Roma were also interested, and I'm sure that the likes of Everton or Stoke would offer him better money than what we could. That said, if we could pull it off it would be quality and I'd love to see him in a white shirt.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on June 06, 2010, 01:16:59 PM

Unfortunately I really can't see this happening, particularly if Roy goes. I heard on the grapevine that Roma were also interested, and I'm sure that the likes of Everton or Stoke would offer him better money than what we could. That said, if we could pull it off it would be quality and I'd love to see him in a white shirt.

The grapevine also suggests that Roy is currently away on leave in Wales. How about Roy being on holiday in Cardiff? :dft003:

Brede Butter Pudding

Quote from: Mr Fulham on June 06, 2010, 01:26:10 PM
Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on June 06, 2010, 01:16:59 PM

The grapevine also suggests that Roy is currently away on leave in Wales. How about Roy being on holiday in Cardiff? :dft003:

haha i like that, finger's crossed!