watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I like Stockdale, but he is crap!

Started by Nick Bateman, May 03, 2014, 07:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

One of the reasons why Fulham were relegated was because of the fact we have two awful goalkeepers.  Stek & Stock!

At least Stock gives more than the Dutch-world-cup-reserve Jol foisted upon us, but he does not give 100%, 'chickening out' under pressure and plenty of miscalculations re angles, coming out, going down early (like today on the 2nd goal).  I've seen him a while and he will NEVER be a "Joe Hart", and while we play him, Fulham will suffer!

And there will be many pundits who will point at the poor defending, marking, etc, but not mention the 'weak' goalie. 

Next season we deserve better.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Texas White

Quote from: Nick Bateman on May 03, 2014, 07:48:23 PM
One of the reasons why Fulham were relegated was because of the fact we have two awful goalkeepers.  Stek & Stock!

At least Stock gives more than the Dutch-world-cup-reserve Jol foisted upon us, but he does not give 100%, 'chickening out' under pressure and plenty of miscalculations re angles, coming out, going down early (like today on the 2nd goal).  I've seen him a while and he will NEVER be a "Joe Hart", and while we play him, Fulham will suffer!

And there will be many pundits who will point at the poor defending, marking, etc, but not mention the 'weak' goalie. 

Next season we deserve better.

Really.....
Not at fault at all today.
Hope he doesent read this drivel.

Berserker

I think that's unfair to David. It must be horrible stood in goal with no defence in front of you for 90 mins
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Macedo

Quote from: Berserker on May 03, 2014, 07:54:39 PM
I think that's unfair to David. It must be horrible stood in goal with no defence in front of you for 90 mins

Spot on..
Brede(will I jump for this cross or not) Hangeland.
And the rest of the defensive drivel.
Would like us to sign David Marshall tho, best keeper in prem.

bucksfulham

What a load of crap! Not Stockdale's fault we are down.

valdeingruo

Without David and the way Steks was playing our goal difference easily could have been -100. He kept us in matches.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

God The Mechanic

I like the fact that him never being a Premier League winning keeper is a "negative" for a club of our stature...

Admin

Not entirely Stockdales fault that we are down no, but he isn't the keeper that people keep raving on about. Good shot stopper yes, but rubbish at coming off his line and commanding his back four. Problem was, we bought the same bloody problem in Stekelenburg.

Nick Bateman

Typical of some of the responses.  The goalkeeper is the MOST IMPORTANT position in the team, but some do not realise that.  That said, I am not blaming him for Fulham's demise, but pointing out he will cost us tight games in the long run and we can never achieve anything with average goalies between the 'sticks'!!

Nick Bateman

Quote from: God The Mechanic on May 03, 2014, 08:04:29 PM
I like the fact that him never being a Premier League winning keeper is a "negative" for a club of our stature...

Where did you get that u with the underline through it??

brightster

I don't think you can blame Stockdale at all, he is still learning the trade, goalies usually turn out to be good in their thirties, and with our midfield and defence who do not seem to shut players down or tackle then he is in the firing line all the time. At times today it was like a training match for Stoke they were ripping us apart and shooting on site.

btings

Martinsback

Hi Nick...still not certain about this game of ours are you?

Denver Fulham

Stockdale's a Championship-level goalkeeper. There's nothing wrong or embarrassing about that. This season wasn't his fault, though. He's doing the best he can with the dreck in front of him.

grandad

Quote from: Martinsback on May 03, 2014, 09:13:36 PM

He never will be.lol
Where there's a will there's a wife

Martinsback

Quote from: grandad on May 03, 2014, 09:16:47 PM
Quote from: Martinsback on May 03, 2014, 09:13:36 PM

He never will be.lol

At least he doggedly carries on trying...you have to give him that!

Fulhampete

Stockdale has proved he is capable of bringing a team up from the Championship. How many others can claim that?