more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Monday Fulham Stuff (07.06.10)

Started by White Noise, June 06, 2010, 11:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vinnieffc

Quote from: WhiteJC on June 07, 2010, 02:42:28 PM
http://www.tribalfootball.com/ex-man-city-managers-eriksson-hughes-frame-fulham-job-890291?
Ex-Man City managers Eriksson, Hughes in frame for Fulham job

Sven Goran Eriksson is being linked with Roy Hodgson's job at Fulham.

A Manchester City influence is expected at Fulham should the Londoners lose Hodgson to Liverpool.

The People says should Hodgson go, former Manchester City bosses Sven Goran Eriksson and Mark Hughes would be the favourites to take over at Craven Cottage.

Fulham chief Alistair Mackintosh was closely involved in the appointment of both men during his time on the board at Eastlands.
OMG. If Sven takes over and John Terry just up the road, there's no way I'm bringing the Missus down the Cottage next season..

White Noise

Quote from: Vinnieffc on June 07, 2010, 02:52:47 PM
Quote from: WhiteJC on June 07, 2010, 02:42:28 PM
http://www.tribalfootball.com/ex-man-city-managers-eriksson-hughes-frame-fulham-job-890291?

A Manchester City influence is expected at Fulham should the Londoners lose Hodgson to Liverpool.

The People says should Hodgson go, former Manchester City bosses Sven Goran Eriksson and Mark Hughes would be the favourites to take over at Craven Cottage.

Fulham chief Alistair Mackintosh was closely involved in the appointment of both men during his time on the board at Eastlands.
OMG. If Sven takes over and John Terry just up the road, there's no way I'm bringing the Missus down the Cottage next season..

Too late mate, he's spotted her. It looks like he is signalling 'five times and then switch ends' -

White Noise

Creating History

Monday 7th June 2010

Fulham FC News

World Cup host nation South Africa prepare to write what is indubitably the most significant chapter of its short football history in the coming weeks.

Just two decades ago the country was still serving an apartheid ban, before readmission to international football came in 1992 following political reform. The notion that they would be taking part in, never mind hosting, a World Cup at one point was unthinkable.

"I agree, some years previous this moment seemed impossible," reflects Fulham midfielder Kagisho Dikgacoi, who will be involved in his country's opening game on Friday afternoon as Bafana Bafana take on Mexico, in Johannesburg.

"It's the commencement of something very, very special. An occasion that, in a lot of ways, is about more than just football. We're creating history, and I'm very proud to be part of that."

With no greater motivation than representing your nation in a World Cup on home soil, KG will be hoping that the momentum and purpose will carry South Africa beyond the opening stages, with Uruguay and France their other Group A rivals.

An impressive 2009 Confederations Cup last summer served as a reminder of what they can do, and although form since has been slightly erratic, they have shown moments of undoubted potential.

"The game with Mexico is very important," says the 25-year-old. "The first match is the one that could set you up nicely – a win would give us a lot of confidence. We know that we have the hopes of our country on our shoulders, and we want to do well for them.

"The aim is to progress from the group and our intentions have to be at least the Quarter-Final. It will be tough because we have been drawn in a strong group, but anything is possible.

"We're aware that in our previous two World Cup involvements we haven't got past the First Round, so it would be great if we can become the first South African team to do that."

A strong defence and more than capable midfield, where Everton's talented Steven Pienaar brings innovation and imagination, should also stand them in good stead, as should experienced coach and World Cup legend Carlos Alberto Parreira – who has coached five different nations at finals, including guiding his native Brazil to glory in 1994.

"This team has been together for a while now," explains KG. "We have experience and a lot of talent, plus a coach with a great international pedigree. He believes in his players, and we believe in him.

"There is so much excitement surrounding this competition, it will be a gathering of the greatest players on the planet – Lionel Messi, Fernando Torres, Wayne Rooney, Samuel Eto'o, Cristiano Ronaldo, Kaka... there will be so many on show. This is a great time for football and I'm sure that this will be a World Cup to remember."

Kagisho was speaking exclusively to Fultime Magazine. To read the full interview and the rest of a World Cup special featuring Clint Dempsey, Mark Schwarzer, John Pantsil, Dickson Etuhu, George Cohen, Paul Parker and Ray Houghton, plus reflection on an unforgettable season at Fulham, see this summer's publication, delivered to Season Ticket Holders and Members this week, or available from Club stores for just £3.50.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/June/KagishoFultime.aspx#ixzz0qB8u8MD9

White Noise

http://www.tribalfootball.com/ex-man-city-managers-eriksson-hughes-frame-fulham-job-890291

08.06.10 | tribalfootball.com

Fulham chief Alistair Mackintosh was closely ­involved in the appointment of both men during his time on the board at Eastlands.

White Noise

http://cottagers.blogspot.com/2010/06/end-of-season-awards.html

End of Season Awards

Blimey, it's been some season. I don't really know how to sum it up, but I'll try and do it in pithy categories.

Most Valuable Person Award: Bobby Zamora had his best season since leaving Brighton, Schwarzer was outstanding, Zolly came into his own in Europe (and bagging the player of the year award), Hughes was a rock at the back. Eight players could have justifiably won player of the year (I voted Hughes) but none of this would be possible without Roy Hodgson. It's his team, his tactics and his magic that have brought Fulham the success they've enjoyed in recent years. He is the catalyst that makes this team work and it is reflected in the jobs he has been linked with: England, Juventus, Inter, Liverpool, and Milan. Who knows what will happen to Fulham without him, should he choose to go?
Honourable mention: Bob Z

Frank Spencer Award:  Hmmmmm. Other than the officials during the two matches against Roma, I can't think of anyone fully deserving of this. Perhaps Kagisho Dikgacoi for the stupid red card on his debut at West Ham.
Honourable mention: Chris Baird's OG against Birmingham

Surprise Package Award: Chris Baird was in the running for an astoundingly effective season, as was Johnny Paintsil pre-Chelsea, but it has got to be Bobby Z who added to his team play from the season before with a bucketful of goals. Some crackers too.
Honourable mention: Fulham FC in Europe

I Was There! Award: Best game this season? Well it'll have to be one of the European games where expectations were defied time and time again. I am particualrly mesmerised by the away game at Shaktar Donetsk, but as I wasn't there I can't count that. It would have to be the home game against Juventus. It was bat-poo mental after all - in the stands and on the pitch.
Honourable mention: Hamburg at the Cottage

Goal of the Season: My gut reaction would be Dempsey's against Juve. It was both beautiful and timely and an incredible finish to the match. But Zamora's goal against Shaktar was, out of the blue, vital and an unbelievable strike. Yet every time I was Davies against Hamburg, the goal gets better and better and better. However for the sheer visceral reaction it gave to me, I'll have to go for Davies against Atletico Madrid in the final. It's not the best by any stretch of the imagination, but it really got me going.
Honourable mention: Zamora v Shaktar

Sign Him Up award: Forlan aside, Gareth Bale was astonishing in the FA Cup QF game at the Cottage. Everything good from Spurs came from his position on the left wing. And they still needed to take them to a replay.
Honourable mention: Diego Forlan

Ouch! award: It has to be the 'tackle' by Amkar Perm's Belorukov on Andy Johnson that caused the striker's dislocated collar bone and was the start of AJ's injury plagued season. How he got away with just a yellow card I have no idea.
Dishonourable mention: Jerome Boateng's flying lunge at Gera v Hamburg

Statistical anomaly of the year: Fulham's home form in the Premier League is almost identical to last season's. Same number of wins, draws and losses, but with one fewer goal scored and one fewer conceded.
Honourable mention: The fact that Atletico won just 5 of 17 games in Europe this season

Prediction of the year: "As for the cups... I anticipate a cup final. Hamburg would be the best chance of actually winning one, but a trip to Wembley wouldn't go astray." Just here.
Posted by Bad Andy at 14:38