watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What are you looking forward to next year

Started by NorfolkJim, May 05, 2014, 07:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

Seeing our 21s and 18s play big roles for us. Its amazing how much more enjoyable football is with players that can run and kick a ball. Think 10 ashkans  and that's what it will be like
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

bobbo

I'm apprehensive about it, it's a much harder league than most of you think.i know we didn't play all season as badly as we played Saturday but we need a massive improvement on now , just to end up in the top half believe me
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Stefano Okaka Chuka

Millwall, Brentford and Qpr away. I've already booked my flight for boxing day.
She's a Flamenco girl
and dancing is her life
she said stay with me, stay with me
Viva el Fulham!

alfie

Quote from: bobbo on May 05, 2014, 11:01:16 PM
I'm apprehensive about it, it's a much harder league than most of you think.i know we didn't play all season as badly as we played Saturday but we need a massive improvement on now , just to end up in the top half believe me

Why do you think most of us don't know that, we have hope there is nothing wrong with that.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

bobbo

No there isn't anything wrong with hope I'm right with you but it seemed quite a few are expecting us to dominate, I just think it's gonna be very hard
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Berserker

I personally don't feel the need to see us play the top clubs. I'm hsppy sseing us play anybody
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

ChrisBairdOhh

I'm looking forward to having even more games in the season to watch the beautiful football we play!

epsomraver

Quote from: Jimpav on May 05, 2014, 10:24:54 PM
Press coverage which is actually about Fulham - rather than an article about Spurs/Chelsea/Man U/City/Arsenal/Liverpool with a one or two sentence nod to Fulham.

It's great playing these teams when we hold our own but otherwise it's a thoroughly miserable experience. Swarms of tourists, arrogant visiting fans, tedious media bias and more often than not a battering on the pitch.

It will be refreshing to be a bigger fish in a smaller pond.

0001.jpeg

Bronaldinho

No more Riise backing off attackers, no more team getting tied after the first half.

Fresh new faces, players who want to play with pride and passion - show that they care.

Just look at the Youth team from last night, they all cared and showed passion.

Only a handful have done that this year, Heitinga, Burn, Kasami & Sidders.

Too many post 30's who just want to take their wages home and not play 110% each week.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Neil D

Quote from: Jimpav on May 05, 2014, 10:24:54 PM
Press coverage which is actually about Fulham - rather than an article about Spurs/Chelsea/Man U/City/Arsenal/Liverpool with a one or two sentence nod to Fulham.
That's absolutely true and it's really irritating.  I complained about this in a letter to the Sunday Times once suggesting that the review should have been headed Man U (or whoever it was) v A.N. Other.  Never got published.

grandad

A complete clearout which we have needed for the last 3 years. Looking forward to Magath building his side which will be the fittest in the division. If any player does not fancy a few extra pressups they needn´t bother joining us in the revolution.
Where there's a will there's a wife

RaySmith

Hopefully, competing for promotion, and winning games, rather than just battling relegation.

Bronaldinho

Quote from: grandad on May 06, 2014, 09:18:09 AM
A complete clearout which we have needed for the last 3 years. Looking forward to Magath building his side which will be the fittest in the division. If any player does not fancy a few extra pressups they needn´t bother joining us in the revolution.

Unless we win then they get 2 days off, which in the Championship means no training before the next game ;)
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: grandad on May 06, 2014, 09:18:09 AM

Well if he gets the new team as fit as he promised to get the current players then we will be in real trouble!

Please explain why you think Magath is the best option we have given our situation

So far he has:-

Completely failed as far as his promises to keep us in the Premiership

Failed as far as making the current team the fittest they have ever been, knackering many of them

Messed up with team selection, tactics & positions

Tried experience & youth but not got anything right

Failed to instigate any motivation, desire or fight in our first team squad

Failed to deliver on the home form promises

Magath has shown nothing as far as any belief that he is capable of building a team in the Premiership (& now in the Championship) so why should he be trusted?

It is a huge gamble if we keep him & the consequences of further failure are immense

Yes there will (hopefully) be a very significant clear out

However, I am not looking forward to next season until Mr Khan gets a firm grip of the whole FFC set up & shakes it up from top to bottom & (hopefully) is still determined to back it with the appropriate funds

The only good news we have is the promise of the young players (& well done to them on their achievements)

I only hope we have them secured on decent contracts & don't lose them

Look forward to hearing your reasons why Magath is the right choice

BestOfBrede

Many are going on about looking forward to seeing our talented youth, and rightly so. But I have a real concern about how we hold on to the 'stand out' players now we are relegated! We will have the vulture clubs circling even before next season starts (e.g. Pat Roberts performance last night?, Tankovic, David, Woodrow etc).

From the first team I can't see us holding onto Stek (maybe even Stockers), Kasami, Dejagah, Rodders, Tankovic, Woodrow (maybe even SuperGlou - stuck to the treatment bench!).

With this, I fear our stay in the lower league(s) may be longer than many expect - unless we get straight back up in 1 season.

I also won't be able to watch Live streams (I dont think they do the Championship?) and so will only catch a few games a season.

I suppose the only thing I can look forward to, at least, is not getting as stressed as I have done for the last 13years whilst in the top flight!    

ToodlesMcToot

I look forward, first and foremost, to having a transfer window where we actually address the needs within the roster. I look forward to that in every transfer window. It rarely happens. I'm more optimistic about it happening in relegation than I ever was in survival....or even in our recent successful seasons.

I look forward to having an opening day roster where there is the sense of competition for starting postitions within the team. We really have not had much of this in my short experience with the club.

I am most definitely not looking forward to missing seeing 90% of the games.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Eggs for Breakfast

I look forward to us having the opportunity to go on a run of good results.  In the PL, this was virtually impossible because, even if we had won two games in a row, inevitably the third game would be against a Man City or a Liverpool. If we build a half decent team, we should be able to go into every game with a fair chance of a result.

Wingnut

Looking forward to:

- Cheaper ticket prices.
- Going to grounds that I haven't been to before.
- Winning games and not going into games expecting to be beaten.
- More Sat 3pm games which means I can pre-book more flights.
- Seeing a new squad of young players develop.
- Those awful clappers at the cottage should be a thing of the past due to cutbacks.

Not looking forward to:

- Idiot fans from other clubs. A far bigger issue in this league.
- Horwich Parkway.
- Lack of coverage of our games on the television.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

YankeeJim

I can think of many things I am not looking forward to, mainly no Saturday Fulham with my coffee.

What I won't miss is getting up before 4 AM for those early matches.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Tony.Lee

The TV coverage being lost is a shame, only being able to watch a couple of games through the season will be weird. Although, if anything, the relegation has made next season slightly more exciting. It could possibly put some passion back into the Cottage as a whole.
Twitter - @Tony_LeaS