watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff (08.06.10)

Started by White Noise, June 07, 2010, 10:18:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

http://www.fulham-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/former_england__wales_bosses_linked_531124/index.shtml
Former England & Wales Bosses Linked

Sven Goran Eriksson is being linked with Roy Hodgson's job at Fulham.

A Manchester City influence is expected at Fulham should the Londoners lose Hodgson to Liverpool.

The People says should Hodgson go, former Manchester City bosses Sven Goran Eriksson and Mark Hughes would be the favourites to take over at Craven Cottage.

Fulham chief Alistair Mackintosh was closely involved in the appointment of both men during his time on the board at Eastlands.

White Noise

Quote from: Mr Fulham on June 08, 2010, 11:52:53 AM
Hey White Noise, we're currently in the year 2010! :048: :clap_hands:

Well done sir, you spotted today's deliberate mistake. Your prize can be either singing lessons with LBNo11 or an afternoon being sworn at by Fat Freddy's Cat! :dft011:

WhiteJC

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/June/DempseyWorldCupPreview.aspx?
Every Chance

Following in the footsteps of Brian McBride as the Fulham faithful's favourite American, Clint Dempsey looks set to extend another sparkling season in the white of Fulham with what could be memorable four weeks in the white of the USA.

With eight World Cup finals already under their belt, this will be their sixth in succession, having topped the Hexagonal phase of the North, Central America and Caribbean zone with commendable efficiency.

"We have come a long way," reflects Clint. "When you look back at previous tournaments, perhaps we were just happy to make up the numbers. But that's certainly not the case now.

"Over the years the US have got better and better, and at this moment in time we have no fear. I think we have shown that we can compete with the best nations in the world of football."

The 27-year-old has become one of the Whites' most important players, a popular figure among both team-mates and fans for his contribution, creativity and goals.

However, come Saturday, those same supporters who habitually sing Dempsey's name in chorus, could be shaking their heads in collective predictability. We know exactly what Dempsey is capable of, and the American midfielder will be one of his country's greatest threats as the US meet England in the Group C opener in Rustenburg.

"Everyone wants to talk to me about England," rejects Clint. "But there are two other tough teams that we have to prepare and focus for as well – we can't forget about Slovenia and Algeria, who have also earned their right to be here.

"Sure, England is a very good team and will be among the favourites. But at the end of the day, we have to play our own game; we know our strengths, and we know our weaknesses. You can have all the game plans in the world, but during those 90 minutes anything can happen, and when it does, you just have to adapt.

"We play England in the opening game, which is exciting. They have a lot of quality, and in recent games they have got the better of us. But as long as we are focused and compact defensively, we have a chance."

This will be Dempsey's second World Cup finals, having previously impressed in Germany in 2006, despite USA's failure to progress from their group. A goal in the final group game was not enough as John Pantsil's Ghana claimed a place in the knock-out stage at the US' expense.

His 43rd minute strike did, however, see him handed the key to his home town of Nacogdoches and ultimately put him in the shop window – doing much to prompt his move to Fulham.

"That goal is the highlight of my career, nothing will replace that," insists Clint. "That was the day that I realised a dream of scoring on the greatest stage of them all – an ambition I had held since I was a little kid.

"But I do look back on that tournament with mixed emotions. Personally, it was a good one for me, but for the team, it wasn't so good. Sure, we were in a difficult group (which included Italy and Czech Republic), but had we beaten Ghana we could have progressed. So hopefully we can put that right this time."

Clint was speaking exclusively to Fultime Magazine. To read the full interview and the rest of a World Cup special featuring Mark Schwarzer, John Pantsil, Dickson Etuhu, Kaghisho Dikgacoi, George Cohen, Paul Parker and Ray Houghton, plus reflection on an unforgettable season at Fulham, see this summer's publication, delivered to Season Ticket Holders and Members this week, or available from Club stores for just £3.50.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/June/DempseyWorldCupPreview.aspx?#ixzz0qG4cGcOW

WhiteJC

http://www.fulham-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/senderos_to_replace_smalling_531151/index.shtml
Senderos To Replace Smalling?

Fulham are being linked with Arsenal defender Philippe Senderos.

The Mirror says Swiss defender Senderos, 25, is expected to be a key player for his country in South Africa.

But he is surplus to requirements at Arsenal after failing to convince Emirates boss Arsene Wenger.

Senderos was even loaned to Premier League rivals Everton in January for whom he made just three appearances.

But Fulham need another centre-back this summer as Chris Smalling is going to Manchester United.

And the Craven Cottage club now hope to tie up a permanent transfer for Senderos after the World Cup.

WhiteJC

http://www.fulham-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/tozser_welcomes_interest_531160/index.shtml
Tozser Welcomes Interest

Hungary midfielder Daniel Tozser has welcomed interest from Fulham.

The 25-year-old currently plays for Belgian side Genk where his appearances have caught the eye of the Premier League outfit.

"My agent informed me that scouts of Fulham watched me in several games in the Belgian championship and it seems that they liked what they saw," he told Nemzeti Sport.

"But it's useless to talk more about it as there's no concrete offer. What's more I'm contracted to Genk for two more years and we could win a place in the Europa League where I'd like to shine like Fulham last season.

"But I admit it would be a big step in my career if I could move to England. I know that the Premier League has a wonderful atmosphere and it's great to compete there. And I'm also attracted by the chance to play in the same team as Zoltan Gera."

Mr Fulham

Quote from: White Noise on June 08, 2010, 11:59:56 AM
Quote from: Mr Fulham on June 08, 2010, 11:52:53 AM
Hey White Noise, we're currently in the year 2010! :048: :clap_hands:

Well done sir, you spotted today's deliberate mistake. Your prize can be either singing lessons with LBNo11 or an afternoon being sworn at by Fat Freddy's Cat! :dft011:

Couldn't you hand me a voucher which says "When you encash this, Roy Hodgson will automatically stay at Fulham until 2012."? :dft001:  

WhiteJC

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/June/ZollyPatron.aspx?
Zolly The Patron

The Third Hungarian Film Showcase kicks off this month and Zoltan Gera has been confirmed as the proud patron of Check the Gate 2010.

Fulham's Player of the Season spoke of his love for films and his interest in this year's theme, which studies emigration, as he highlighted the powerful appeal of the Showcase's opening documentary, focusing on the life of legendary Hungarian striker Ferenc Puskas (screening at the Riverside Studios on the 24 June at 7pm).

"I have always loved movies, especially comedies, romance films and religious films; they are a perfect distraction from training," explained Gera.

"They are entertaining but at the same time you can learn a lot from them. This is why it makes me proud to be the patron of Check the Gate '10, the third Hungarian Film Showcase in London.

"This year's theme, emigration, is a very important subject for me personally, as for many years now I have been living and playing in the UK.

"To live in a new country is exciting, with a unique set of experiences but it also has its challenges and I am very curious how filmmakers from my country will address the subject of emigration and how the audience of London will respond to that.

"Leaving your country is common practice among today's sportsmen but it wasn't that usual 50 years ago when Ferenc Puskás, one of my favourite players of all times had to leave Hungary – the festival will actually kick off with a documentary about his life and if you love football you must see that.

"Since I am a young father now, I am particularly happy about the family screenings at Check the Gate where great cartoons will be screened. Animation is probably the closes genre to my heart and the audience will have the chance to see two of my childhood favourites: Mattie, the Goose-boy and Cat City."

Visit Check the Gate from 22 to 28 June at the Riverside Studios in Hammersmith, which is only a few minutes from Craven Cottage.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/June/ZollyPatron.aspx?#ixzz0qGyx3I5P

WhiteJC

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport-news/liverpool-fc/2010/06/08/harry-redknapp-won-t-leave-tottenham-hotspur-for-liverpool-fc-55578-26611310/?
Harry Redknapp won't leave Tottenham Hotspur for Liverpool FC

Harry Redknapp insists he is "loyal to Spurs" and would be keen to extend his contract with Tottenham, despite reports linking him with the vacant manager's job at Liverpool FC.

Redknapp has been mooted as a successor to Rafael Benitez, who left Liverpool last week, after guiding Spurs to fourth place in the Barclays Premier League last season and a coveted qualifying place for the Champions League.

"I am loyal to Spurs, I want to stay at Spurs and I have a contract with Spurs, and I'd be happy to sign a new contract at Spurs if I was offered one, but in any case I have one year on my contract," the 63-year-old said.

"I am not being presumptuous turning down Liverpool, because I haven't been offered the job and haven't spoken to anyone about it.

"There is no need, as I have one year left on my contract at Tottenham and I am not thinking about anything other than being at White Hart Lane next season.

"I can tell you that I have not been offered a new contract, but that doesn't mean I am looking to move on - far from it."

WhiteJC

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/829917-mark-schwarzer-and-philippe-senderos-set-for-arsenal-fulham-transfer-swap?
Mark Schwarzer & Philippe Senderos 'set for Arsenal-Fulham transfer swap'
Arsenal could be set for one player to leave for Fulham with another one on the way in after reports emerged today that Philippe Senderos is training with the Cottagers while the Gunners have made a formal bid for Mark Schwarzer.

Senderos, 25, is thought to be keen on a move to west London to join up with highly-rated manager Roy Hodgson after falling out of favour at the Emirates Stadium.

And although the defender switching to Craven Cottage would give Arsenal no negotiating room for Schwarzer, as Senderos is out of contract this summer, the two clubs are set to open discussions on both players at once.

The Gunners no longer have a claim to the Swiss centre-back after his fixed deal in north London ran out last week.
But Wenger is thought to have privately expressed a desire to hand him a short-term, rolling deal as a stop-gap if the player cannot secure a club or if Arsenal's hunt for a couple of new centre-backs does not go according to plan.

Senderos' development at Arsenal has stalled in recent years, despite Wenger rating him highly after he joined the club from Servette in 2003.

He spent some of last season on loan at Everton but David Moyes has decided not to pursue a permanent deal.
Meanwhile, Schwarzer has been touted as one of Wenger's likely top targets as he searches for an experienced goalkeeper to fill in while he waits for his existing shot-stoppers to come good.

Current first-choice Manuel Almunia endured an error-strewn campaign while back-up stopper Lukasz Fabianski failed to prove his maturity for regular top-flight football.

Contrary to popular belief, Wenger is eager to persist with the 25-year-old Pole's development for another year or two before giving up on him.

And the Frenchman sees 37-year-old Schwarzer as the perfect age to plug the gap for two or three years while Fabianski continues to grow in stature - in much the same way as former Fulham stopper Edwin van der Sar has done at Manchester United.

It has been reported that a deal between Arsenal and Fulham for the veteran Australian keeper is almost complete, although nothing is expected to be confirmed until Schwarzer returns from the World Cup.

White Noise

Zolly The Patron

Tuesday 8th June 2010

Fulham FC News

The Third Hungarian Film Showcase kicks off this month and Zoltan Gera has been confirmed as the proud patron of Check the Gate 2010|.

Fulham's Player of the Season spoke of his love for films and his interest in this year's theme, which studies emigration, as he highlighted the powerful appeal of the Showcase's opening documentary, focusing on the life of legendary Hungarian striker Ferenc Puskas (screening at the Riverside Studios on the 24 June at 7pm).

"I have always loved movies, especially comedies, romance films and religious films; they are a perfect distraction from training," explained Gera.

"They are entertaining but at the same time you can learn a lot from them. This is why it makes me proud to be the patron of Check the Gate '10|, the third Hungarian Film Showcase in London.

"This year's theme, emigration, is a very important subject for me personally, as for many years now I have been living and playing in the UK.

"To live in a new country is exciting, with a unique set of experiences but it also has its challenges and I am very curious how filmmakers from my country will address the subject of emigration and how the audience of London will respond to that.

"Leaving your country is common practice among today's sportsmen but it wasn't that usual 50 years ago when Ferenc Puskás, one of my favourite players of all times had to leave Hungary – the festival will actually kick off with a documentary about his life and if you love football you must see that.

"Since I am a young father now, I am particularly happy about the family screenings at Check the Gate where great cartoons will be screened. Animation is probably the closes genre to my heart and the audience will have the chance to see two of my childhood favourites: Mattie, the Goose-boy and Cat City."

Visit Check the Gate| from 22 to 28 June at the Riverside Studios in Hammersmith, which is only a few minutes from Craven Cottage.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/June/ZollyPatron.aspx#ixzz0qH6gQewc