News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I REALLY don't understand how anyone can say a bad word about Sidwell.

Started by Whiteroom, May 09, 2014, 05:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whiteroom

Not only our stand-out performer this season, but also the man with the most heart, and the proudest man on the pitch. Week after week. Where is the negativity coming from?

fulhamben

Maybe cos he was ever present in a team that got battered every week, and topped it off with relegation. Best of a bad bunch, yes. The way forwards? Not on your Nelly
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Craven Mad

Agree with you Whiteroom; massively improved and scored vital goals (even if, in hindsight, inconsequential).

ToodlesMcToot

the only thing that i can say "bad" about him is that he should never have been in the conversation for player of the season.

he deserves that "accolade" in the context of our season however. played well for us and, really, has been the most consistent player for us in that regard. I like him and hope that he stays, but it's sounding like he has better, more lucrative opportunities. good for him if he takes them.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

epsomraver

Quote from: Whiteroom on May 09, 2014, 05:39:32 PM
Not only our stand-out performer this season, but also the man with the most heart, and the proudest man on the pitch. Week after week. Where is the negativity coming from?

Totally agree. only knocked by the arm chair brigade, you have to be there to see his passion..........and he is our leading goal scorer

Barrie

Yep, agreed, I think he's the one player who comes out of this dreadful season with most credit.

fulhamben

Quote from: Barrie on May 09, 2014, 06:16:46 PM

Yep, agreed, I think he's the one player who comes out of this dreadful season with most credit.
really, I thought we only looked good when Ashkan played
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Deanothefulhamfan

Quote from: epsomraver on May 09, 2014, 05:56:27 PM

Totally agree. only knocked by the arm chair brigade, you have to be there to see his passion..........and he is our leading goal scorer

I am an armchair fan here in China, but it is an embarrasement that any other player would win player of the season.... MILES AND MILES ahead of everyone else.

BarryP

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on May 09, 2014, 06:23:36 PM
Quote from: epsomraver on May 09, 2014, 05:56:27 PM

I am an armchair fan here in China, but it is an embarrasement that any other player would win player of the season.... MILES AND MILES ahead of everyone else.

As a fellow member of the armchair brigade I wholeheartedly support your post.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Moussa Dembele the 3rd

Because he can't pass and has no positional awareness and both Bryan Ruiz and Damien Duff had more assists than him even though they played in 1/3 of the games.

filham

Look back to the beginning of the season and a lot of us thought a new midfielder would be brought in to replace Sidwell but although a number of players have been tried in the CM position
( Kasami, Diarra, Holtby, Karagounis, Boateng, Parker, Kvist) it is Sidwell who has been the 1st choice of all three of this seasons three managers.

Perhaps he is not every ones favourite player but his effort and consistency throughout this season is beyond question. Afraid none of the other 38 players who have played in the premiership for us this season can come anywhere near him.

jarv

Top man, great performer for Fulham, I hope he stays. A few teams could be interested. WestHam, Palace, QPR or Brighton if they get promoted. Arsenal...just kidding. :005:

MikeW

Over the summer can someone take Kasami aside and tell him he could be a really good number 9 - a la Bob.  He's big, strong, has a decent touch and is young. He needs a mentor - difficult in that squad I know - but he has it all going for him.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Southcoastffc

Quote from: MikeW on May 09, 2014, 07:58:33 PM
Over the summer can someone take Kasami aside and tell him he could be a really good number 9 - a la Bob.  He's big, strong, has a decent touch and is young. He needs a mentor - difficult in that squad I know - but he has it all going for him.
MENTOR? He just needs a good coach.  (Very much agree with you about his potential)
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Baszab

Forever Fulham

I'm a fan of Sidwell.  He plays with heart and determination.  He gives 100%.  He seems to support his teammates in ways large and small.  But his passing isn't great.  And he gets drawn (or drifts) into odd locations on the pitch, leaving openings for opponents to exploit.  He doesn't panic in the final third.  And I agree he is much improved.  It's rare to see a player improve like he has at his age.  But he's a better player this year than last year.

MJG

all good assets.....but can't pass water.
4th choice two years ago, now two years older, first choice and we are relegated.

Scrumpy

Totally agree. He would be my first name on the team sheet and I would bust a gut to sign him up for 2 years so he can Captain us back up to the Premiership during that time.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Travers Barney

Let us down at the tail end of last season by his behaviour but he made up for it...sought of bloke who would have been embarrassed about his antics...performed to the absolute maximum of his ability this season so what more can anyone want?....deserves a new contract and player of the season by a country mile.

coyw
We are the whites