News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Magath IS the man to lead us back to the premier league.

Started by ChesterTheTabby, May 11, 2014, 04:01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legate21

I'd sooner see the back of him personally, but if those in charge believe he is the right man for the job then theres nothing anybody can do about it.

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: Pluto on May 11, 2014, 05:53:09 PM
If anything we've actually got significantly worse since he's been in charge. It was the most important game of the PL era against Stoke last week and the players turned in arguably the worst performance of the last 13 years. That is unacceptable. Magath should have been up and down that touch line like a mad man. He accepted defeat, the players accepted defeat and that is not the Fulham way. I don't think he's shown anything to suggest he's an improvement on Jol, let alone Meulensteen.

Exactly..... he's not shown anything !  Not one bit of improvement (in my opinion).  Prove me wrong FELIX !!!!!!

YankeeJim

Quote from: Denver Fulham on May 11, 2014, 05:58:15 PM
Felix earned 12 points in 12 matches. Basically relegation form, and not much better than his predecessors. He inherited an awful roster, and didn't do much with it. Maybe the players were just that bad, but he didn't show a top understanding of the league, his own players or tactics required to get results against specific opponents. When the chips were down, we threw away a stupid match at Spurs where points were there to be had, gagged away a 2-0 lead vs Hull, and rolled over like a bunch of dogs at Stoke.

As I've said repeatedly, I'm sure having the opportunity to bring in his own guys will help, but you can say the same for any manager. He's coming back, so we'll accept it and hope he's the goods, but I haven't seen anything yet that shows me he was the best option Fulham could have had going forward.

Lets see: 12 matches, 12 points, Then 38 matches, 38 points. Hmmmn
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

blingo

Quote from: alfie on May 11, 2014, 05:49:41 PM
Quote from: Jackali7 on May 11, 2014, 05:40:10 PM
Felix Fagath deserves 1/2 the blame for being Relegated, the other 1/2 to whoever picked him.
I don't think he is the one to lead Fulham back up next year.

Sorry but I think that is just a stupid thing to say, but hey you are entitled to say it.

+1

Nero

the fact we have had 3 mangers and none of them can get the players to average more then a point a game sound lead to where the problem lies

The Enclosurite

Quote from: Nero on May 11, 2014, 08:58:21 PM
the fact we have had 3 mangers and none of them can get the players to average more then a point a game sound lead to where the problem lies

Exactly, judge Felix once he's built his own squad.  Even Alex Ferguson wouldn't be able to get a performance out of some of the wasters we've seen pull on the shirt this season.
¡COYW!

Baszab

I think Magath has as good a chance as anyone else - perhaps with his own players that he has bought/moulded into a team we will do well - but he has made some mad decisions in the last 6 weeks

Jackali7

JHunter_Fulham4Life

Quote from: maoconnor on May 11, 2014, 04:22:57 PM
Quote from: One Martin Thomas on May 11, 2014, 04:20:51 PM
Not so convinced about Magath.  He needs to prove himself very quickly in deed.  We cannot go into next season waiting for Magath to get something right.

The Burn issue at Stoke said a lot to me.  Sat there convincing myself Burn had a turn of pace and was right footed.  Wrong.

I am all for giving the man a chance, but is he not having a chance now ????  I would rip arms off to have Tigana in place now !!!!

Do you really think this is a fair chance? RM and Jol had transfer windows. What did FM get? Their leftovers. This is not a fair chance at all, we asked the impossible.

If that's the impossible, then I can't imagine what you'd call having a manager with no Premiership experience managing in the Championship -- with shorter schedules and even LESS money! This ownership isn't like Newcastle or Hammers, who were willing to spend to get back up. If anything, Magath will lose more players than he gains, and all upper management will tell him to do is "Wait for the kids" while the balloon fee goes right into the ground redevelopment.

JHunter_Fulham4Life

Quote from: Baszab on May 11, 2014, 09:02:16 PM
I think Magath has as good a chance as anyone else - perhaps with his own players that he has bought/moulded into a team we will do well - but he has made some mad decisions in the last 6 weeks

You're assuming he'll have any money to work with. If Khan/MAF weren't willing to spend to keep us up, how much are they going to spend to get us BACK up?

aaronmcguigan

If the hierarchy think Magath is the man to lead us into the Premier League then fair enough.
But the whole lamenting the squad for not being up for a relegation fight is a little bit rich when he looks like he cant even motivate himself to get out of his chair during the match , never mind motivate an underperforming team.
Surely a team that is expected to perform, expected to fight, no matter how strong or weak you perceive the players to be, need a form of inspiration whether it be a figurehead, a motivator, someone to lambast them while theyre playing instead of in a post match interview, or pre game notes.
Some players need an arm around the shoulder or constant berating.

This is where the passion comes from, the fight and the determination. In my opinion it starts from the top and the manager should lead it, but it really didnt look like it. Doesnt help when you've got a quiet captain and a lot of lost sheep with no one to lead them

Obviously theres a lot of seems "like", "opinions" and the like but thats the best I got. One fact is you need a hell lot of passion and fight to get out of the division that we're heading into next year and thats my reservation. He can have a transfer window all he wants, but he needs to manage, lead and inspire a hell lot more than he has, regardless of whether they are his players

K33NY

Felix said in the first interview or something that he wanted to take controll on the side line a D commands hes team.....  I would sunget the best way to do this is by actually stansing up from your Seat and go a couple of stops forward and shout......  I am still waiting for him to do so....... He was really active in Germany doing this,  why not at the Cottage? I genuinely think its cus of language problems pluss, there might be a bad atmosphere in the squad and he want a big overhaul of the squad and start fres next season.

MasterHaynes

Quote from: The Enclosurite on May 11, 2014, 09:01:35 PM

Exactly, judge Felix once he's built his own squad.  Even Alex Ferguson wouldn't be able to get a performance out of some of the wasters we've seen pull on the shirt this season.
Spot on and It's a long list of players that have not performed over the whole 90 minutes of a game this season I'm sad to say.

FFC1987

Quote from: MasterHaynes on May 12, 2014, 08:32:36 AM

Exactly, judge Felix once he's built his own squad.  Even Alex Ferguson wouldn't be able to get a performance out of some of the wasters we've seen pull on the shirt this season.
Spot on and It's a long list of players that have not performed over the whole 90 minutes of a game this season I'm sad to say.

So we can judge Rene on his small length in charge with ultimately Jol's squad but not Felix? I don't understand this apoligist attitude to be honest. Without harping on for Rene, he still left the team in better nick than Jol and gave Felix/the squad an opportunity which they didn't capitalise on.

I hope we give Felix time but hes far from flawless and blaming Rene on our downfall is nothing short than farcical in the grand scheme of things.

The Enclosurite

Quote from: FFC1987 on May 12, 2014, 09:56:03 AM

So we can judge Rene on his small length in charge with ultimately Jol's squad but not Felix? I don't understand this apoligist attitude to be honest. Without harping on for Rene, he still left the team in better nick than Jol and gave Felix/the squad an opportunity which they didn't capitalise on.

I hope we give Felix time but hes far from flawless and blaming Rene on our downfall is nothing short than farcical in the grand scheme of things.

None of the above is blaming Rene.
¡COYW!

FFC1987

Quote from: The Enclosurite on May 12, 2014, 10:00:28 AM

Its the comment regarding judging Felix (saying we can't) but I constantly read that we Rene and Jol were failures. One of them certainly was.

The Enclosurite

Quote from: FFC1987 on May 12, 2014, 10:02:06 AM
Quote from: The Enclosurite on May 12, 2014, 10:00:28 AM

Its the comment regarding judging Felix (saying we can't) but I constantly read that we Rene and Jol were failures. One of them certainly was.

I liked Rene and certainly thought at the time he wasn't given enough time to be judged properly either.  As for Jol, well, he had plenty of time to be judged.  In fact, way too much time!!
¡COYW!