more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Al-Fayed Reply to FM

Started by PakistaniWhites, May 13, 2014, 07:25:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBH

Quote from: Fulhampete on May 14, 2014, 10:59:07 AM
I will never criticise an owner who brought us from the fourth tier to the premiership. Why he should be held responsible for what happens after his departure is absurd.

He is not responsible but he is partly to blame because he stopped investing 2 seasons ago which is something that cannot be done in the premiership but he still deserves  :Haynes The Maestro:

theFFCfan

people already dislike khan, and if he wants to save any face and gain some respect he has to keep roberts at all costs

JBH

Quote from: theFFCfan on May 14, 2014, 01:43:30 PM
people already dislike khan, and if he wants to save any face and gain some respect he has to keep roberts at all costs

Why do people dislike Khan are they suffering from moustachephobia :doh:

blingo

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 14, 2014, 12:43:36 PM
Using the bike analogy, we may have needed energy drinks, but we started off with old bikes with baskets on the front. A little trailer at the back and a bell on the handle bars. Anybody who really believes that this bike was good enough to stay on the road at the beginning of the race, never saw how much better the other teams were around us.

You forgot the squeaky brakes and the slow puncture.

ToodlesMcToot

Al Fayed's care for this club stopped with finding a wealthy, well-intentioned owner for the club. Should he have been worried with taking any responsibility beyond that? Absolutely not. Could he have done more to ensure the health and safety of the club in the Premier League? Absolutely yes.

Al Fayed and Magath are both right in what they've said. They're both also wrong in that they are letting their little spat (I'll call it) play out in the press. Neither is going to do themselves or, especially, the club any good by talking the way that they are in public.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Baszab

This is ridiculous - the new owner together with his "directors" had ample time to prepare the squad for 2013/14 in pre-season/during the season/January window - they take the blame - everyone inside the club knew Jol's training/tactics and squad were just not good enough for the Premier  - look at the rubbish pre-season friendlies for a start.

Simply poor bad management - Khan bought the business - he should have sorted it out - and he has failed abominably - whoever's fault it is under his chain of command - and that is a FACT - it has been a FAILURE

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Fulham Joe on May 14, 2014, 11:18:19 AM
I'm another who won't say anything bad about Al Fayed. Just remember where were were before he came along.
If a seat in the stadium broke we couldn't afford to replace it, players were washing their own kit, and the stadium was a wreck.
Al Fayed brought us Peschisolido, Coleman, Keegan, Hodgson, etc etc and 16 years that we could only have dreamed about.

I vaguely remember grass and weeds growing on the terracing of the Putney end
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

rusty shackleford

Quote from: The Equalizer on May 14, 2014, 09:54:31 AM
Quote from: rusty shackleford on May 14, 2014, 09:48:26 AM
Did MAF also start a letter to sparky with "What a strange man Mark Hughes is"

Wish he would shut the hell up!

There has been quite a bit of Al Fayed baiting on here recently. Do people not remember the 16 years of joy that he brought to our club?

I love Mo, i just think that he is a nutjob

Andy S

It doesn't matter who was to blame we are still championship. What matters now is that Khan is going to dip his hands in his pockets and fund our return

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Andy S on May 14, 2014, 03:11:37 PM
It doesn't matter who was to blame we are still championship. What matters now is that Khan is going to dip his hands in his pockets and fund our return

Yes. It's important that Khan fund the fight to get back but, what's really important is that the board empower the best person to spend those funds. Whoever it has been for the last three seasons - even if it has been different people - has failed miserably for some reason or another. They've either had too many cooks making that decision or had someone who knows names but nothing about constructing a team. This decision is far more important than any player we choose or how much money we decide to fund the project with. Fulham cannot fail to get this one thing right.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Logicalman

Quote from: Andy S on May 14, 2014, 03:11:37 PM

Exactly.

We should be looking ahead at what is to come, what we are going to do about it, and preparing to take the Fizzy league to its knees and get back to where we have been for over a decade, and rightly belong.

We might not be the Man Utd of the South, or anything else special, but we ARE a worthwhile top flight team that has suffered a setback, but we can and will come back stronger from this.

049:gif
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Steven Ageroad

As a long time supporter who has enjoyed the time under MAF, but who I did not trust, Mr Khan should have noted the saying "beware of Egyptians bearing gifts!"