watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Losing five in a row - it really hurts

Started by Jimpav, January 31, 2010, 01:42:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimpav

Bruised, battered and damaged- that's just my pride.

Four losses on the bounce I could handle. There was an excuse, for each of them. Chelsea never lose at home, we pulled it back to 3-2 at Stoke, Blackburn is a tough place to go and Spurs are in the top.

It was going to be okay, we would draw against Villa- at worse. We didn't, i'm devastated.

Losing is not so bad normally, we only do it away. You can shrug it off or just trot off a stat about us not losing at home since September.

Reality hits home though when you look at the table and see us behind Blackburn and 1 point ahead of Stoke having played 2 extra games.

I could handle this if it was Cookie or Sanchez but this is Woy- our guru, our saviour, our very own living legend. This is like seeing your Dad cry or your big brother losing a fight. He's human after all, not the super hero you always believed he was.

Don't get me wrong, he is still the man for us and I'm sure February will be better but until we win again at home I'm going to be in pain.

Lighthouse

Suddenly a home game against the bottom club takes on huge proportions. Anything but a win and... Now that would REALLY hurt.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Jimpav

That's an understatement Lighthouse. The Samaritans would be called.

PokerMatt

Annoying how when the game was initially scheduled it would have stopped this run before it even started with a comfortable home win. Now we have injuries piling up and Pompey will fight tooth and nail (and we all know how our players dislike a fight), so it's suddenly very tricky!
Follow me: @mattdjourno