watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Heitinga

Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, May 17, 2014, 02:00:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Judging by his comments he's planning to stay.
Something like  "Hopefully with the mixture of experienced players and youth
WE will go straight back up"

Good news if he does
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

JDH101

Good news if he does, but almost certainly not going to.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: JDH101 on May 17, 2014, 02:02:56 AM
Quote from: JDH101 on May 17, 2014, 02:02:56 AM

His and similar comments from the Butcher of Seville are on the Fulham website.
Fingers crossed for one, not too sure about the other
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

dannyboi-ffc

I would like to think everyone involved against palace will be here next year. All the loans disappeared along with riether, diarra etc... maybe thats wishful thinking though parkers more than welcome to wave goodbye
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

alfie

He is only going somewhere better if someone wants him.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

cmg

That's quite encouraging. He wasn't sensational, but was certainly one of the few successes among the more experienced players.

I had factored him out of thoughts for next season, but if he does stay he should be a suitable candidate for captain in a 'new look' side. Excellent attitude.

Berserker

I thought he was one of our better players last season
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

I do hope he stays, he is a good fit for us ...............

JackyFulham90

I can't see him staying but if he did stay I would say our chances of promotion are massive.

Would be very happy with Heitinga & Burn at centre back

filham

The absolute priority for Felix is to be able to field a strong back four and that means a rebuild will be needed from last season's line up that shipped 85.

Heitinga came out of the shambles looking the most reliable of our defenders and it would be helpful if his name could be pencilled in at an early stage and a new defence structured around him.

Hangeland need to be sent on a rejuvenation course while Burn steps in for him and a new solid left back is needed. If Reither is no longer with us (not sure where he disappeared to) then a new right back is also needed.

Dodger53

I have been waiting all week for the clear out list and nothing yet. Looking like those with contracts are hanging on in there because lets face it who would buy the worst defence and midfield in the higher divisions. Also with that contract in your sticky mits why would you move to some god forsaken northern town when you live in London. Only hope now is they sit out there contracts well away from the pitch.

Riverside

This would be good news and I make him one of the 4 unchanging pillars of the back four next season . Who would be the other 3 I am not sure !

Lighthouse

Heitinga was the only player from the January transfer window to hold down a regular place. Says it all.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

DutchCottager

Heitinga would make a nice pair with Burn next season.

Craven Mad

I'd be delighted if we could convince him to stay. I'm not sure he will though.

But the fact would remain, our defence needs to change from last year. Too many mistakes. Too many conceded.

Heitinga and Stockdale keep creditability, but the rest - in my opinion - have been shambolic. New fullbacks (even if just promoted from the youth setup) are the priorities, and a new CB could be necessary too.

Burn and Heitinga would be my current first choices next year.

Still believe

i would like it if he does, fulham just seems right for him & i think that we do need some experience in the squad...

FPT

If we keep Johnny H, we'll have the best centre back in the league. Perfect experience to sit next to, hopefully, Burn.

Deanothefulhamfan

I was a bit critical of Heitinga, during his first few games, but he did show that he was the only defensive player to come out with some credit last season. I am not convinced he will stay, but he will be decent in the championship if he does.

Burn will not play next season, I do not beleive FM is a big fan of his. Although personally I think he will be excellent next season.