https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff (09/06/10)...

Started by WhiteJC, June 09, 2010, 07:21:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

this thread will be moved to the "News Items" child forum on Thursday

WhiteJC

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/ps?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+arsenal-news+%28News+Feed%29
Philippe Senderos joins Fulham FC

Arsenal Football Club can confirm that Swiss International, Philippe Senderos has joined Fulham FC.

The 25-year-old defender makes the move across London from Arsenal where he spent seven seasons after joining the Gunners from Swiss side Servette in June 2003.

The defender made 117 appearances for the Gunners. Everyone at Arsenal Football Club wishes him good luck at his new club.

WhiteJC

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_6197199,00.html?
Fulham swoop for Senderos
Former Arsenal defender moves to Craven Cottage

Fulham have completed the signing of former Arsenal defender Philippe Senderos on a three-year deal.

The Switzerland international moves to Craven Cottage on a free transfer after his deal with the Gunners expired and he was not offered fresh terms.

Senderos spent the second half of last season on loan with Everton and the entire previous campaign in Serie A with AC Milan.

The 25-year-old joined Arsenal from Servette in Switzerland in the summer of 2003 but was unable to establish himself as a regular in Arsene Wenger's first-team plans.

Senderos, who is currently in South Africapreparing for the World Cup with Switzerland, is relishing the chance to work under Cottagers boss Roy Hodgson.
Success

He told the club's official website: "I'm delighted to have finalised my transfer to Fulham earlier today and happy that I am joining the club during the most successful period in its history.

"I will be looking forward to meeting up with my new team-mates and of course, Roy Hodgson, a manager I respect very much, shortly after the World Cup.

"I very much hope that I can contribute over the next few seasons and that the club goes on to achieve more success."

Hodgson added: "Philippe is a player that I have admired for a very long time since he captained Switzerland to the UEFA Under-17 Championship in 2002.

"He is a strong defender who has great aerial presence at both ends of the field and has a superb work ethic which is a vital component for any team's success. I am very much looking forward to working with Philippe next season."

WhiteJC

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/f/fulham/8729252.stm?
Fulham sign defender Philippe Senderos from Arsenal

Fulham have announced the signing of central defender Philippe Senderos from Arsenal on a three-year contract.

The Switzerland international, 25, joined the Gunners from Servette in 2003 but has only made 54 league starts for the London club.

He spent the 2008/09 season at AC Milan and was also on loan at Everton for the second half of last season.
"I'm delighted to join the club during the most successful period in its history," he told Fulham's website.

Senderos is preparing to travel to South Africa where Switzerland are in Group H alongside Spain, Chile and Honduras.
"I will be looking forward to meeting up with my new teammates and of course, Roy Hodgson, a manager I respect very much, shortly after the World Cup," added Senderos.

606: DEBATE
Don't see him replacing either Hangeland or Hughes. But good option to rest either of them or used occasionally
FFC_Madness

"I very much hope that I can contribute over the next few seasons and that the club goes on to achieve more success."
Senderos is manager Roy Hodgson's first summer signing and he is delighted to welcome the player to Craven Cottage.

"Philippe is a player that I have admired for a very long time since he captained Switzerland to the Uefa Under-17 championship in 2002," said Hodgson.

"He is a strong defender who has great aerial presence at both ends of the field and has a superb work ethic which is a vital component for any team's success. I am very much looking forward to working with him next season."

WhiteJC

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/association=eng/news/newsid=1496612.html?rss=1496612+Senderos+swaps+Arsenal+for+Fulham
Senderos swaps Arsenal for Fulham

Fulham FC manager Roy Hodgson has made his first signing of the summer, bringing Switzerland and Arsenal FC centre-back Philippe Senderos to the 2009/10 UEFA Europa League runners-up.

Philippe Senderos has swapped north London for the west of the capital
©Getty Images

UEFA Europa League runners-up Fulham FC have signed Swiss international centre-back Philippe Senderos from Arsenal FC.

Senderos has agreed a three-year deal at Fulham with his contract at Arsenal due to expire this summer. The 25-year-old joined the Gunners from Servette FC in January 2003 having helped Switzerland win the previous year's UEFA European Under-17 Championship, but never established himself as a first-choice defender for Arsène Wenger's team.

He made 117 appearances for Arsenal, winning the 2005 FA Cup and helping them to the following season's UEFA Champions League final. In the last two seasons Senderos has spent time on loan at AC Milan and Everton.

Capped 40 times by Switzerland as he prepares for his second FIFA World Cup, Senderos joins a Fulham club who reached their first major European final in May, losing 2-1 to Club Atlético de Madrid in Hamburg. Senderos said: "I'm delighted to have finalised my transfer and happy that I am joining the club during the most successful period in its history."

The capture represents Roy Hodgson's first signing of the summer and the former Switzerland coach added: "Philippe is a player that I have admired for a very long time since he captained Switzerland to the UEFA U17 Championship in 2002."

WhiteJC

http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=201168
Fulham - Hodgson Sweeping All Aside!
There`s a lovely line in a cult move I`m particularly fond of!

Called Awaydays it`s set in Liverpool which is rather apt considering the subject of this article.

The line goes something along the lines of :-

Where will it all end.............(followed by the lead characters name)

And at this moment in time I can`t helping thinking about where all the speculation linking Roy Hodgson with Liverpool will end.

Today, Roy appears to have fought off the apparent challenge of another leading candidate the media have come up with.

The top Italian manager, Marcello Lippi, has ruled himself out of contention and unless a certain Kenny Dalglish can be tempted to take the reigns I fear that it`s now looking more and more likely that Roy Hodgson is seen as the man to revitalise Liverpool Football Club.

I currently feel like a messenger of doom!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=201168#ixzz0qKpCmLR9

WhiteJC

http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=201167
Fulham - Dikgacoi`s BIg Problem Is?
As one of the few Fulham players t have made it to 2010 to represent their country, our South African midfielder, Dikgacoi, will be one I`ll be following closely.

But, reading a classic quote attributed to him in the press this morning I`ll be paying closer attention.

Apparently, Dikgacoi has latched on to the problems English commentators have pronouncing his name, a fact that irks him prompting the aforementioned classic quote,

"I don`t know what to do to get them to say it correctly. Maybe I have to change my surname."

LOL!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=201167#ixzz0qKpXPaoc

WhiteJC

http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=201166
Fulham - Dempsey on the USA Belief!
The build up to a classic encounter between England and the USA is starting to gather momentum.

The fixture, due to be played on Saturday, should give an early indication of the possible prospects both sides harbour of progressing through the competition.

Obviously, England are the favourites but one of our own, Clint Dempsey, is pretty confident that the USA can spring another shock, although it has to be said that the severity of the shock wouldn`t be as humongous as the 1950 in the Americans achieved over England.

Speaking about the preparations in the USA camp and the belief that they can win, Clint is quoted as having remarked,

"If we didn`t believe that we could, why would we be here? It wouldn`t be right."

"Every time you put on the US jersey you should think you can do a good job. We`re trying to do something special."

"We`re going to watch tapes to know what we have to do to get a result."

After the success the United States had in the Confederations Cup, in South Africa last summer where they reached the final, don`t write them off too easily this Saturday!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=201166#ixzz0qKpsJOcu

WhiteJC

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/fulham/7811820/Philippe-Senderos-ends-Arsenal-nightmare-with-free-transfer-to-Fulham.html?
Philippe Senderos ends Arsenal nightmare with free transfer to Fulham
Fulham have announced the signing of central defender Philippe Senderos from Arsenal on a three-year contract.

The Switzerland international, 25, joined the north London club from Servette in 2003 but has had loan spells at AC Milan and then Everton in the last two seasons, after finding first team opportunities at the Emirates stadium limited.

Senderos broke off from preparing for this summer's World Cup to complete his move across the capital and will now rejoin his international team-mates in South Africa.

He said: "I'm delighted that I am joining Fulham during the most successful period in its history.

The imposing Senderos will add another option for Cottagers boss Roy Hodgson at the heart of a defence already shorn of Chris Smalling this summer, while there is also speculation surrounding Brede Hangeland - who has been linked with a move in the opposite direction, to the Emirates.

Hodgson said: "Philippe is a player that I have admired for a very long time, since he captained Switzerland to the UEFA Under-17 Championship in 2002.

"He is a strong defender who has great aerial presence at both ends of the field and has a superb work ethic, which is a vital component for any team's success. I am very much looking forward to working with Philippe next season."

Those efforts eight years ago formed the start of Senderos' extensive experience of international competitions.

He was also part of the Swiss defence which did not concede a goal in the 2006 World Cup, played every minute of their Euro 2008 campaign on home soil and scored twice against Luxembourg as he helped his country reach this summer's World Cup in South Africa.

He will link up with Fulham after that campaign, having moved on a free transfer following the expiry of his contract at the Emirates.

WhiteJC

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/fulham-boss-must-make-up-his-own-mind?
Fulham boss must make up his own mind
Clint Dempsey believes Roy Hodgson should be allowed to leave

Clint Dempsey claims Roy Hodgson must be allowed to make up his own mind about whether he should quit Fulham for Liverpool.

Rafael Benitez's eviction from the Anfield hotseat has created an attractive vacancy with the Merseyside giants that Hodgson has been tipped to fill.

"If the coach wants to be there he will be there," said Dempsey. "He has to do the best for him and his family."

The 63-year-old's star has risen dramatically over the last couple of years, first by keeping Fulham in the Premier League and then steering the Cottagers into Europe and, last term, into the Europa League final.

Little wonder Hodgson's name is near the top of Liverpool's hit-list, which could finally offer the former Switzerland coach a chance to make his mark with a big club in England.

Dempsey has starred in Fulham's attack and realises Hodgson would be a loss to the club, but the United States star has no intention of calling for his manager to stay.

He firmly believes if an offer comes, Hodgson should go with his heart.

Dempsey added: "It is not something I can worry about. I am with Fulham for three more years and I will do my best for them until something happens.

"If he wants to stay, let him stay. If he wants to go, let him go."

Copyright (c) PA Sport 2009, All Rights Reserved.

WhiteJC

http://football.uk.reuters.com/leagues/uk/news/2010/06/08/LDE6572CN.php?rpc=401
Hodgson bolsters Fulham defence with Senderos signing

LONDON, June 8 (Reuters) - Fulham have signed Arsenal and Switzerland defender Philippe Senderos for an undisclosed fee, the Premier League club said on Tuesday.
UK FOOTBALL

"Philippe is a player that I have admired for a very long time since he captained Switzerland to the UEFA Under-17 Championship in 2002," Fulham manager Roy Hodgson told the club website (www.fulhamfc.com).

"He is a strong defender who has great aerial presence at both ends of the field and has a superb work ethic which is a vital component for any team's success. I am very much looking forward to working with Philippe next season."

The 25-year-old, who joined Arsenal in 2003 and has had loan spells at AC Milan and Everton, is part of Switzerland's squad for the June 11-July 11 World Cup finals.

Senderos, who has agreed a three-year deal, has won 38 caps for his country and scored five goals.

WhiteJC

http://football.uk.reuters.com/leagues/worldcup2010/news/2010/06/08/LDE6572E3.php?rpc=401
Following Fulham can pay off for U.S. - Dempsey

IRENE, South Africa, June 8 (Reuters) - After a season of giant-killing with English club Fulham, United States midfielder Clint Dempsey believes he can help upset the form book again in Saturday's World Cup Group C opener against England.
WORLD CUP 2010

Dempsey, who helped unfancied Fulham to the Europa Cup final with a memorable win over Juventus in the last four, told reporters that he sees a number of similarities between the attitude and tactics used by his club and country.

"We stick to what we are good at...we have been the underdogs with both Fulham and the U.S and the most important thing is to have the kind of players who believe they can win no matter who they are playing against," he said on Tuesday.

"That is the kind of team I want to play in - with that kind of attitude you always have a chance against whoever you play.

"At Fulham we stay compact defensively and we have two solid banks of four and choose our moments when we go forward, the U.S team plays similarly to how we do at Fulham," he said.

Dempsey senses a greater sense of self-belief in the U.S squad, particularly since last year's run to the final of the Confederations Cup final in South Africa.

"We have players who have played in big games, played in big leagues and have had success - you take that confidence with you and it helps you to keep moving forward.

"No-one thought we were going to get to the final of the Confederations Cup but we did that - no-one thought that Fulham were going to get to the final of the Europa League and we did.

"It doesn't matter what anyone thinks of us, it matters what everyone within the group thinks of themselves. If you have belief that is contagious and people think 'why not'?

"You can't live life in fear, you have to go out and take advantage of your opportunities and do something special, I think the guys here have that mentality," he added.

Dempsey is likely to line-up against England's attack-minded right-back Glen Johnson and he thinks the defender's positive approach could hand the Americans a chance on the break.

"He is definitely effective going forward but when he goes forward you get the chance to get them on the counter.

"Any good team has to worry about when there full backs go forward because there are going to be holes in that pocket that he left open.

"We have to make sure that we have players who are aware of that and can move the ball in that direction because there will be a hole," he said.

WhiteJC

http://hammyend.com/?p=7231
A little look at Senderos
by LYDIA on JUNE 8, 2010

Philippe Senderos is the first signing to what, one can only assume, as being a very busy summer for the club. So lets take a little look of our new centre back-

Senderos was born on 14th Feburary 1985 in Geneva, Switzerland. He was eligible to play for Spain as well as Switzerland through his parents but has played for Switzerland since U15 age. He even captained the U17s to Eiropean success. Philippe joined Arsenal in 2005 but failed to make a massive impact so ha loan spells at both AC Milan and Everton. Injuries have been a barrier to his Arsenal career and soon began in search of a move away.

Senderos has 39 caps for his country and has scored 5 goals. He made his international debut in 2005 at the age of 20. Switzerland drew nil-all with France that night in Paris. He starts for Switzerland and is about to take part in the World Cup.

My opinion? Well he never really got off to a good start at Arsenal with injuries and oter things so a fresh start is what he needs. Roy seems to have been keeping a watchful eye over him since he was very young and who are we to doubt Roy! I think he will be a very handy addition to our squad and he came on a free. We all know the last successful player we gotr on a free- Mark Schwarzer. He also has plenty of International experience so I say "Well played, Roy!"

Another thing I noticed about this signing. Senderos is only 25 so this could be the start of Roy preparing his squad for the future.

WhiteJC

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2010/article-1285095/Well-Fulham-World-Cup-claims-USA-forward-Clint-Demspey.html?ITO=1490
We'll be the Fulham of the World Cup, claims USA forward Clint Demspey

Down on the farm, the US A have been hatching a plan and it revolves around team-work, motivation and getting the ball in gaps behind England's attacking full backs.

For Clint Dempsey, it feels a lot like Fulham.

Not the cows, free-range chickens and smell of manure, but the spirit of an under-rated team with the quiet confidence to spring a surprise.

The Americans have been well drilled by manager Bob Bradley and encouraged by a successful Confederations Cup campaign in South Africa, last year, when they beat Spain before surrendering a two goal lead to Brazil in the final.

'We're used to being the underdog and it suits us,' said Dempsey.

'That's the way it will be until we change a few people's perceptions.

'We just stick to what we're good at. We're very strong defensively like Fulham and try to pick our moments when we go forward.

'Fulham beat Manchester United by staying compact defensively, with two solid banks of four and choosing our moments to get forward.

'We both play 4-4-2, our outside midfield players tuck in rather than being wingers and we keep two solid banks of four. We try to frustrate our opponents and make life difficult for them.

'The USA play in a similar style to Fulham and we'll try to do the same thing. We have players who believe they can win every game.'

To help secure this belief in his squad, boss Bradley invited motivational speakers to address his players, including Boston Celtics basketball legend Bill Russell and Dan Jollota, a hero of the 'Blackhawk Down' battle.

Underdog: Dempsey and Fulham have beaten the odds this season

'It was about coming together and putting ego and personal glory aside,' said Dempsey.

'No-one thought we'd get to the final of the Confederations Cup but we did. Beating Spain was a complete game for us.

'No-one thought Fulham would get to the final of the Europa League but we did. Belief is contagious. You can't live life in fear.

'England have good players — they play for the best clubs in the world and reach Champions League finals — there's no excuses if they don't do well.

'They're under pressure to go far.'

Some of Bradley's team play in the Barclays Premier League and know England's weaknesses.

All together now: Dempsey reckons USA's team spirit will be a massive bonus

'Glen Johnson is a good player, effective going forward,' said Dempsey.

'But when he gets forward we have a chance to hit them on the counter and give them something to worry about.
'Both their full backs like to get forward and will leave holes.'

For Dempsey, it has already been an incredible season, but the success at Fulham has prompted bigger clubs to seek to lure manager Roy Hodgson.

'If the coach wants to be there he will be there,' said Dempsey.

'He has to do the best for him and his family. If he wants to stay, stay. If he wants to go, go.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2010/article-1285095/Well-Fulham-World-Cup-claims-USA-forward-Clint-Demspey.html?ITO=1490#ixzz0qKsg8qm6

WhiteJC

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2010/06/08/1965697/fulham-midfielder-clint-dempsey-should-the-offer-arrive-roy?
Fulham midfielder Clint Dempsey: If offered the job, Roy Hodgson should be allowed to take over at Liverpool
American believes Cottagers' boss deserves huge opportunity

Fulham and USA forward Clint Dempsey believes current Fulham manager Roy Hodgson must be allowed to speak to Liverpool should he be approached to take over at the Merseyside club.

Rafael Benitez left Liverpool on Thursday by mutual consent and will be unveiled as Inter manager in the coming days.

The bookmakers have made Roy Hodgson their favourite to take over at Anfield, while Martin O'Neill has also been touted as a possible replacement.

Liverpool ambassador Kenny Dalglish has been put in charge of finding Benitez's successor and it is believed that his friendship with Hodgson could prove pivotal to the Fulham boss being approached by the club.

Dempsey, who has thrived at Fulham under Hodgson, believes Hodgson should be allowed to succeed the Spaniard if an offer is tabled.

"Hodgson must be given the chance to succeed Benitez if an offer comes in," Dempsey said, according to Sky Sports News.

Dempsey is likely to start for America in their opening World Cup 2010 fixture against England on Saturday.

WhiteJC

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1285051/Fulham-close-8m-Standard-Liege-striker-Dieumerci-Mbokani.html?ITO=1490
Fulham grab Philippe Senderos and close on £8m Standard Liege striker Dieumerci Mbokani

Fulham are closing in on the £8million signing of striker Dieumerci Mbokani after finalising the free transfer signing of Philippe Senderos from Arsenal.
Fulham took the opportunity to hold talks with Standard Liege bosses in London on Tuesday over Mbokani.
The 24-year old Congo international is also a target for West Ham and had been watched by Everton but looks bound for Craven Cottage.

All smiles: Fulham are locked in talks to complete an £8m deal for Standard Liege striker Dieumerci Mbokani

Standard are resigned to losing him, after he made it plain he wanted a move to the Barclays Premier League or Bundesliga, and despatched directors Luciano D'Onofrio and Pierre Francoise to London to discuss terms.

Despite being tipped to replace Rafa Benitez, Fulham manager Roy Hodgson marked his return from holiday by formulating transfer plans with chief executive Alistair Mackintosh.

Done deal: Former Arsenal defender Philippe Senderos has signed a three-year contract at Craven Cottage Senderos, 25, agreed a three-year deal after being given a two-day break from international duty with Switzerland.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1285051/Fulham-close-8m-Standard-Liege-striker-Dieumerci-Mbokani.html?ITO=1490#ixzz0qKtzRo4V

WhiteJC

http://hammyend.com/?p=7234
Liverpool and Hodgson
by LYDIA on JUNE 8, 2010

All over the Liverpool Fan Websites I read that apparently Roy has already signed for them. In truth I think thats a pile of rubbish. However, the story isn't looking good. Schwarzer and Dempsey are two players that have already come out and given their opinions about the Liverpool job and both have the same opinion- let him go if approched. I suppose they are right about one thing- if he wants to go, we can't stop him. The fact that both players have come out publically suggests that they know something we don't.

BUT as Tor has already pointed out, Hodgson said in his interview earlier that he was excited to be working with Senderos next season, indicating that he is going nowhere. Also, the Inter Milan and Juventus Jobs had both been linked wih Hodgson before different managers were signed. This possibly means that Hodgson is on everybodies radar but he is not listed very highly. I certainly read alot of comments by angry Liverpool fans who didn't like the idea of Hodgson being in charge next season. In fact, only a few people seemed at all happy. Roy himself has always said that we doesn't think about any of these things unless he is specifically contacted. However, this could mean that he will consider a move if it comes along.

I personally don't know what to think. I have my fingers crossed that he doesn't go, it would effect the growth of our squad. Roy definatly hasn't finish building it yet. I really believe that we can win something under Roy. There seems to have been no contact yet but it is something that we need to keep an eye on. At the end of the  day, it is out of our hands.

WhiteJC

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport-news/liverpool-fc/2010/06/09/liverpool-fc-ready-to-approach-fulham-for-manager-roy-hodgson-55578-26616087/?
Liverpool FC ready to approach Fulham for manager Roy Hodgson

LIVERPOOL FC are ready to make the first moves to install Roy Hodgson as their new manager.

Hodgson has moved to the top of the wanted list as the club's hierarchy seek a replacement for Rafa Benitez, who departed last Thursday after almost six years at the helm.

The Liverpool board plan to make an official approach by the end of the week to Fulham, where Hodgson has been in charge since December 2007.

Hodgson, who is expected to be offered a rolling 12-month contract, is viewed as ideal for the role, with Liverpool seeking someone to help stabilise the club after the tumultuous conclusion to Benitez's reign.

Compensation, which could be around the £2m  mark, is unlikely to prove an issue with Liverpool poised to receive settlements of their own when Benitez makes his anticipated raid on the Anfield backroom staff.

The Spaniard will be confirmed Inter Milan manager today with Liverpool assistant manager Mauricio Pellegrino, fitness coach Paco de Miguel and goalkeeping coach Xavi Valero expected to make the same journey to the San Siro.

Hodgson meets many of the criteria sought by Liverpool managing director Christian Purslow and club ambassador Kenny Dalglish, who are overseeing the search for a new manager.

The much-travelled 62-year-old has vast experience having also been in charge at Inter Milan twice, Blackburn Rovers, Udinese and the national teams of Switzerland, the United Arab Emirates and Finland.

Hodgson's stock in England rose considerably during the past 18 months when, having secured European qualification for Fulham last season, he guided the Cottagers to the Europa League final last month where they lost to Liverpool's conquerors Atletico Madrid.

That Hodgson's wife Sheila is from Liverpool will only add to the appeal, with the Anfield board keen to employ a British manager after the spells of Benitez and predecessor Gerard Houllier.

Hodgson was backed by Houllier earlier this week to take over, while Fulham goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer admitted he would not blame his manager for taking up the challenge at Anfield.

The likes of Louis van Gaal, Guus Hiddink, Sven-Goran Eriksson and Martin O'Neill have all been linked with the job, but Hodgson has emerged as the preferred choice.

Any new manager's first job will almost certainly be to address the futures of a number of key Liverpool players.

And Real Madrid president Florentino Perez yesterday dropped a further hint that Steven Gerrard is a possible target.

"I think we already have stars in our squad," said Perez. "What we are certainly going to do is sign two or three great players to complete the team."

When asked about Gerrard and Inter Milan full-back Maicon, another rumoured target, Perez added: "We still have not discussed new signings but both are among the best players in their positions."

Meanwhile, Martin Skrtel admits he was sad to see Benitez depart, but is determined to regain a regular starting role under a new manager at Anfield.

"Rafa was the one who had confidence in me and he was also the one who took me to Liverpool, so I can only thank him and wish him all the best no matter where he goes," said Skrtel.

"I will train hard to show my new coach my qualities. I want to make sure that I will be a stable member of Liverpool next term."

Skrtel is currently recuperating from an ankle injury sustained in Slovakia's 3-0 friendly win over Costa Rica on Saturday, but expects to be fit for his country's World Cup opener against New Zealand on Tuesday.
"It is just a sprained ankle," said the centre-back. "I guess I can be back to full training in three or four days. It is not a serious injury."

WhiteJC

http://www.cottagersconfidential.com/2010/6/9/1508168/is-kenny-dalglish-interested-in?
Is Kenny Dalglish interested in becoming the new Liverpool manager?

The stories regarding the open managerial job are coming fast and furious. Roy Hodgson has been rumored as a candidate for the Liverpool job by several media outlets. What I found interesting tonight is a story that has Kenny Dalglish possibly being interested in becoming the manager of Liverpool.

According to the Daily Mail,  Kenny Dalglish has withdrawn his name from the Liverpool panel that was in charge of finding a new manager. Based on his withdrawal the story is speculating that he is interested in becoming the next Liverpool manager.  He is a former Liverpool manager and left in 1991.

The Daily Mail article also mentions that even though Dalglish could be interested in the coaching job, Liverpool is expected to ask Fulham permission to speak to Roy Hodgson. The story mentions this discussion between Liverpool and Fulham regarding Hodgson is expected to happen by the end of the week.   

As expected the Liverpool managerial position continues to be a big story. There are a few questions we don't have answers for yet.  If Kenny Dalglish is interested in the position will Liverpool go in that direction? Also, if approached would Roy Hodgson take the job with Liverpool? Fans of both teams are just going to have to wait and see how this story plays out.

WhiteJC

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2010/06/09/dalglish-hodgson-frontrunners-for-anfield-job/?
Fulham midfielder Clint Dempsey: If offered the job, Roy Hodgson should be allowed to take over at Liverpool
American believes Cottagers' boss deserves huge opportunity

Fulham and USA forward Clint Dempsey believes current Fulham manager Roy Hodgson must be allowed to speak to Liverpool should he be approached to take over at the Merseyside club.

Rafael Benitez left Liverpool on Thursday by mutual consent and will be unveiled as Inter manager in the coming days.

The bookmakers have made Roy Hodgson their favourite to take over at Anfield, while Martin O'Neill has also been touted as a possible replacement.

Liverpool ambassador Kenny Dalglish has been put in charge of finding Benitez's successor and it is believed that his friendship with Hodgson could prove pivotal to the Fulham boss being approached by the club.

Dempsey, who has thrived at Fulham under Hodgson, believes Hodgson should be allowed to succeed the Spaniard if an offer is tabled.

"Hodgson must be given the chance to succeed Benitez if an offer comes in," Dempsey said, according to Sky Sports News.

Dempsey is likely to start for America in their opening World Cup 2010 fixture against England on Saturday.