watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The clearout

Started by Rufonian, May 19, 2014, 04:57:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rufonian

Lots of posts back and forth on who will go... Mitroglou out, Roberts in/out, Sidwell out, Parker in etc. Seems we're going to have to get used to a few things as we prepare for the championship...

1) I don't think I'll be surprised if Sidwell, Heitinga, Dejagah, Mitro or any other player who can get a contract at a premiership club leave. Would be nice if they stayed but this is a reality and at least we know that those that do stay are fully signed up to Magath, the club and the cause.

2) Similarly loads of the sub-standard ageing squad will go. I just hope the clear out is as root and branch as has been intimated by the club and we don't settle for anything other than players who want to play for Fulham. This feel like a message coming out of the club.

3) Some of the youngsters will go, who wouldn't aged 17-19 with a big offer from a premier league club. Who knows which ones, but again those that stay will be committed and I think it's probably easier to hold the youngsters to contracts for an extra year or two and the promise of first team football as opposed to an ex-premiership regular looking to maintain wages.

4) We're obviously going to need to bring some established first-teamers into the club to have a blend of youth and experience, we may not need this for the whole season as experience builds, but defo to start with. There are going to be signings that come out of the blue, by all accounts we know that Magath likes to sign his own players (historically and like any other manager). This should be pretty exciting and will be a test of Kahn's seriousness to invest. My hope would be we'd mine a couple of upcoming German defenders and a couple of existing strong championship midfielders to give us some mettle in the middle.

Either way going to be one of the busiest summers for a long while.

domprague

Not sure I agree with your police work there....

The sub-standard ageing ones will be hard to shift if they are under contract. They won't get a similar deal from anyone else so they'll hang on to their wages.

Unless he has a relegation clause in his contract, Mitroglu won't be going anywhere. He's under contract and there's nothing he can do about it.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

hovewhite

Think its goin to be fun to see how we prepare for what I think will be an exciting season all round.id be suprised if we are not the fittist though.

The Rock

I can't see hardly any of our youth going, unless it's an offer you can't refuse. That and it's not like they are going to get to go to a premier league side and get games week in and week out. I could see a buy then loan back clause, but otherwise all the clear out players should be the elder types. I personally think we'll hold on to too many.

hovewhite

I guess it depends on length of contracts,money and what there worth on the field,which after the last seasons,not a lot.

Shredhead

My mates who support Championship or ex-Championship teams (Seagulls, Eagles, Black Cats, Seasiders, Clarets) ALL say how tough and exciting the Championship is. We definitely need some scrappers, some hungry yoof and some goalscorers.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC