https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Haha's want Parker?

Started by bucksfulham, May 27, 2014, 06:49:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Berserker on May 27, 2014, 10:02:43 PM
Quote from: ScalleysDad on May 27, 2014, 08:51:05 PM
I can cast some light on that one. He had been yelling at Heitinga and Hangaland towards the end of the game to close up and push out, quite obvious in sign language and arm waving, as the gap between the back four and the midfield was the size of a small continent. He did the international hand signal for talking towards Stockdale as well and he had also looked across to the bench, did the rolling sub hand signal and got no response. He shrugged his shoulders at Sidwell and a rude word followed. Perhaps if he had the armband he would have been bellowing "wake up we are in a game here" but slightly cockernee.
Perhaps he was just miffed, knackered or like us most of the time infuriated. I think many of the players were perplexed after that one. Was this the game Heitinga walked off with Magath at halftime stating the flippin obvious only for the less obvious to continue after the break

What was the sign for talking and roling sub mean?

The talking one is when you shape your hand like a beak, aim at the recepient and open and close it. Jim Davidson immortalised the gesture when referring to the constabulary. You must have seen physios on the big tele doing the roll on/off signal when somebody is hurt enough to be taken off. Cross your arms, or at least the lower half, and rotate them over each other. Parker was doing that for about 10 seconds which in the context of the moment was an absolute age.

Nero

Quote from: Fulham76 on May 27, 2014, 09:49:00 PM
Quote from: Twig on May 27, 2014, 08:00:36 PM
Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on May 27, 2014, 07:55:20 PM
I really find this disliking of Parker to be a bit out of order.

He's given his all for this club, and at the beginning of the season was one if not our best player.

After Xmas he wasn't the same due to injuries and the Magath rushing him back.

He may not be the Parker of old but he's given his full commitment to this club.

And please stop about his wages, its a bit boring and none of you know how much he is on

I tend to agree and.........
Whilst we are at it the "twitchy" comments are a bit offensive.  Plus, let's show a bit of humility he got his team promoted where none of our three managers could arrest a slide to relegation.

Yep, credit where credits due, he did the business. You wouldn't trust him with a tray of hot drinks though, would you?

Yes but he couldnt arrest QPR slide last season could he and spent several millions doing so getting them relegated and 64mill in debt what a fab manager he is

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: Admin on May 27, 2014, 07:15:18 PM
I will take the day off work to drive him there.

..............and before you had time to pick up the keys he would be checking himself out  in hoops ....................drainpipe & 1500.gif    

Roberty

"Even though mass changes are expected at Loftus Road, the arrival of Rio Ferdinand, Gareth Barry, Scott Parker etc. can lead QPR to a brighter future."

I wonder how recruiting so many "old folks" is going to lead them to a brighter future?

Do you think that Joseph George has not noticed what happened to us?
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Berserker

Quote from: ScalleysDad on May 27, 2014, 10:21:57 PM
I can cast some light on that one. He had been yelling at Heitinga and Hangaland towards the end of the game to close up and push out, quite obvious in sign language and arm waving, as the gap between the back four and the midfield was the size of a small continent. He did the international hand signal for talking towards Stockdale as well and he had also looked across to the bench, did the rolling sub hand signal and got no response. He shrugged his shoulders at Sidwell and a rude word followed. Perhaps if he had the armband he would have been bellowing "wake up we are in a game here" but slightly cockernee.
Perhaps he was just miffed, knackered or like us most of the time infuriated. I think many of the players were perplexed after that one. Was this the game Heitinga walked off with Magath at halftime stating the flippin obvious only for the less obvious to continue after the break

The talking one is when you shape your hand like a beak, aim at the recepient and open and close it. Jim Davidson immortalised the gesture when referring to the constabulary. You must have seen physios on the big tele doing the roll on/off signal when somebody is hurt enough to be taken off. Cross your arms, or at least the lower half, and rotate them over each other. Parker was doing that for about 10 seconds which in the context of the moment was an absolute age.

Why was he doing the beak one to Stockdale, to tell him to shut up and concentrate. Was Parker injured so he wanted to come off?
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Berserker on May 27, 2014, 10:56:25 PM
Quote from: ScalleysDad on May 27, 2014, 10:21:57 PM

Why was he doing the beak one to Stockdale, to tell him to shut up and concentrate. Was Parker injured so he wanted to come off?

Probably to gee Stockdale up to command his box and yell at the defence to get out quicker. Our back four were always so slow in moving up the pitch we rarely got an opposition forward caught offside and simply invited pressure as we were doing with Jelavic and Long. I think Parker was injured for a while. He was hardly moving way before the equaliser. It seems that sometimes the only way to get attention is to roll around on the grass screaming your head off and I can never see Parker doing that. I see he is taking some stick but I cannot make much of a list of players throwing themselves in front of shots, taking the hits and playing with their sleeves rolled up.

Berserker

I really hope we get a different captain next season as Hangers has been abysmal at it. I think that has contributed to our woes quite a bit over the last year or so as well
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.