watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Do you have confidence…

Started by love4ffc, May 29, 2014, 02:55:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

love4ffc

In Jurgen and the team he picked?  I'm not so sure having watched them play Azerbaijan yesterday.  Currently we are supposed to be ranked 14th and Azerbaijan 85th.  I know on any given day any team can win but I felt like we struggled more times than not.  I know we had the better possession but I still didn't think we looked all that good.  We only scored on set pieces.  What does that say about us as a team?  I will be very interested in seeing what tinkering Jurgen does for the Sunday game against Turkey. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

YankeeJim

I haven't had any confidence in this cycle at all. The group will take a miracle to get out of at the best of times. The recent friendly.....the US is like Fulham, no creativity. As to set pieces, when have we scored from open play w/o Deuce or Donovan on the pitch? Some of the pundits have written that Klinsman has written off this WC and is planning for 2018. Could be. I would say that unless we develop a new hero this cycle, much like Donovan in 2002, we will be three and out with a single goal or none at all.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

BarryP

i take nothing away from the Ajerbiajan match other than they are tough to score against which they also proved against Portuagal.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Forever Fulham

Without Donovan at least in the line-up, I don't see us getting anywhere.  Perhaps Altidore will pop in a goal.  Maybe.   Clint could catch fire.  He's done it before.  The kid from Iceland--maybe, but he's untested at this level of do or die games.  The other forwards?  It's one thing to play little Azerbaijan; it's another thing to play Germany, Italy,...  I'll come right out and say it: Without Donovan in the lineup--just in the lineup--we won't win a single game.   Clint needs help, a give and go partner.  I think the men's team won a number of qualifying games in spite of Klinsmann, not because of him. 

YankeeJim

Every coach has to mold a team around his own vision. I believe that the US is in a trans-formative cycle. This group will either break out like we did in South Korea or do another France. I hope the former but honestly doubt it. Being a US fan is much like being a Fulham fan. You hope but it doesn't happen often.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

love4ffc

For me there are a few disappointments when it comes to Jurgen.

• One he tells his players that if they truly want to get better that it can only happen playing in Europe.  Yet European scouts are not really looking at American players for several reasons and Jurgen offers not help or solutions for this problem.  See the attached article about American players getting no respect.  Oh and by the way Jurgen's own son is training in the youth national squad, not overseas.  Guess he won't get the best training available.   
http://www.espnfc.com/blog/_/name/relegationzone/id/1654?cc=5901

• Two we have players that have duel national citizenship and can barely speak English or who can't speak English at all like Jermaine Jones.  Thank goodness Jurgen can translate. 

• Three, and this is a biggie for me, he has left off Donavan and other seasoned senior players.  Instead he brings in the 18 year olds that have zero to little international experience.  If you are not going to play Donavan in your starting XI he should still be there for experience both on and off the bench. 

IMHO
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?