watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Spoke to a West Ham mate of mine tonight

Started by Admin, May 29, 2014, 07:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

For the first time since our relegation, and he actually came to see us get demolished 4-1 at home to Sunderland. He's a level headed type of guy when it comes to football, and isn't bias toward his own team.

For a start, he admitted we were poor this season, worse than any other, and based on form, deserved to go, although he'd of liked to have seen us stay up, because it won't feel the same without us, we we're part of the fixtures and fittings.

My mate was with West Ham when they dropped to the Championship, he embraced it with open arms, and said to me you'll really enjoy it if it's short term. More games, more derbies, tougher football, real passion and a time to rebuild.

I asked him his thoughts about Fulham coming straight back up, and to be honest, his answers weren't that dissimilar to ours;

Magath; Unknown in English football, although he has a good C.V, can he get you a win away at Doncaster on a Tuesday night? This will need to be done quite a few times.

Center backs; You will need a solid pair of center backs, week in week out, that will put in a good shift. Players like Dunne, Collins etc.

Strikers; 1 prolific striker, or 2 who will share the load over the course of the season.

Captain; A good leader from the heart of midfield, that isn't afraid to put his foot in and organize his team.

Well, there you go then Fulham, no pressure  :58:       

HatterDon

Didn't Fulham gain promotion to the Prem with a manager with no English experience?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Northern Cottager

Quote from: HatterDon on May 29, 2014, 08:39:20 PM
Didn't Fulham gain promotion to the Prem with a manager with no English experience?

Yep!

Came from Lyon and Monaco in management.

hovewhite

Hopefully an enjoyable season and we have some work to do to beef up the squad for the coming season.