watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Question Time

Started by spikey norman, May 22, 2014, 11:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spikey norman

Must watch  next weeks' Question Time on BBC as one of the panelist's is Joey Barton
Should be interesting!

Logicalman

Perhaps it's the French edition.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

spikey norman

Barton over the years has done and said some very controversial things.
What makes this Question Time all the more interesting is that one of the other panelist's is Piers Morgan.He and Barton have had some Twitter hostility between the two in the past so could lead to a lively exchange when discussing non footballing issues.
Morgan is already building up the appearance by referring once again to Barton as 'Le Pitbull'.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Piers Morgan is a tool, a liar and actually knows f all about football. I personally hope Joey literally tears him to pieces.
On a side note, Joey Barton came through my work once. Found him to be shy and actually a pretty decent bloke.

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Tapatalk
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

HatterDon

Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on May 24, 2014, 09:08:39 AM
Piers Morgan is a tool, a liar and actually knows f all about football. I personally hope Joey literally tears him to pieces.
On a side note, Joey Barton came through my work once. Found him to be shy and actually a pretty decent bloke.

So he didn't put a cigar out in your eye or stomp your head against a curb, I guess.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Logicalman

Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on May 24, 2014, 09:08:39 AM

So you're not biased regarding a physical animal compared to a verbal one then?

What makes an animal like Barton worthy of something like Question Time? I seem to recall it took some reasonable level of intellect to be on there, if one wasn't plain political that is, and Barton fits into neither of those capacities. His involvement with charities, whilst commendable, is nothing more than likewise footballers, and his fame, other than on the pitch, has come from his inability to control his anger, or tweeting crap about others like Neymar (a football star the likes of Barton can only wish they were half as good as).
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

spikey norman

For those of you interested in seeing whether Joey Barton makes a fool of himself or actually has something intelligent to say he is on Question Time tonight

ron

He opened his mouth...........

........and the foot went straight in, just like one of his tackles......

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Hubba Hubba Joey !!!!

Did you  really just say that voting UKIP was like choosing the least ugly out of 4 ugly girls??

Actually what he said was :
"UKIP are the worst of a bad bunch. It's like there's 4 ugly girls & me thinking, well... she's not the worst"

andyk

Barton comes across quite well, intelligent, articulate, the 4 ugly girls comment got a bit of stick but other than that he did ok. He stuck it to the Ukip loon and he made very valid points about the Iraq war enquiry. A live debate is an open invitation to make a fool of yoursel and he didn't do that.

west kowloon white

Said absolutely nothing original and no sign of intelligence.

ron

Quote from: west kowloon white on May 30, 2014, 12:13:44 AM

Custom-made for a future Prime Minister !

andyk

Quote from: west kowloon white on May 30, 2014, 12:13:44 AM

May have a future in politics?

think you were a bit harsh , he called out the Ukip fruitcakes for what they are and he wasn't afraid to speak and challenge senior establishment politicos over the Chilcott enquiry. Lots of the "alternative" guests, pop stars,actors,comedians, that have tried Question Time fared much worse.

HatterDon

If I post on this very political thread, can I get it locked also?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Fulham_1975

It was one of the most embarrassing and dumbed down question times I've ever seen. It's not surprising Paxman's leaving Newsnight. No debating, just shouting over each other like classroom politics.

Barton's comments on the rise of UKIP are plain simple and ignorant. It cannot be underestimated, given UKIP's new presence in local politics and the waves of blue-collar voters that are turning to UKIP in droves. It always appears to be the trend on the left to shout 'racists' 'bigots' 'far-right' when they encounter a rise in radical right politics, rather than engaging in the reason of why there has been a rise in a party like UKIP. This is a result of ignoring a large part of society, the people who are left behind from growing globalisation and people who feel their national identity is being eroded.

Rather than try and smear the UKIP brand, they need to discuss the reason why UKIP has become so popular. It is the fault of the main political parties for ignoring this and leaving a space open for UKIP to grow.

This is why it's embarrassing seeing the BBC bring on people like Barton, a guy who has absolutely no clue on politics and spouts ignorant rubbish on national telly. What's even worse, it appears most people in that audience find him funny  :doh:

andyk

Quote from: Fulham_1975 on May 30, 2014, 10:34:00 AM
It was one of the most embarrassing and dumbed down question times I've ever seen. It's not surprising Paxman's leaving Newsnight. No debating, just shouting over each other like classroom politics.

Barton's comments on the rise of UKIP are plain simple and ignorant. It cannot be underestimated, given UKIP's new presence in local politics and the waves of blue-collar voters that are turning to UKIP in droves. It always appears to be the trend on the left to shout 'racists' 'bigots' 'far-right' when they encounter a rise in radical right politics, rather than engaging in the reason of why there has been a rise in a party like UKIP. This is a result of ignoring a large part of society, the people who are left behind from growing globalisation and people who feel their national identity is being eroded.

Rather than try and smear the UKIP brand, they need to discuss the reason why UKIP has become so popular. It is the fault of the main political parties for ignoring this and leaving a space open for UKIP to grow.

This is why it's embarrassing seeing the BBC bring on people like Barton, a guy who has absolutely no clue on politics and spouts ignorant rubbish on national telly. What's even worse, it appears most people in that audience find him funny  :doh:

UKIP are like the fat bloke on the terraces shouting "rubbish". It's easy to shout abuse at people, saying they don't know what they are doing. What happens when you put the fat bloke from the terraces onto the pitch? Would you trust him with the ball?
UKIP are  populist and they have captured a group of frustrated, disengaged voters, but come the general election they will be pulverised. Would you trust them with the Health service, education, defence, industry, transport, the environment, our diplomatic relations, culture, energy, tax and economic policies? Joey Barton called them out for what they are, a protest vote, but not a serious political party, just a bunch of extreme right wing fruitcakes who think the tory party is full of commies and pinkos.

shnlwswlkr

100%.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

Fulham_1975

Quote from: andyk on May 30, 2014, 12:16:22 PM

UKIP are like the fat bloke on the terraces shouting "rubbish". It's easy to shout abuse at people, saying they don't know what they are doing. What happens when you put the fat bloke from the terraces onto the pitch? Would you trust him with the ball?
UKIP are  populist and they have captured a group of frustrated, disengaged voters, but come the general election they will be pulverised. Would you trust them with the Health service, education, defence, industry, transport, the environment, our diplomatic relations, culture, energy, tax and economic policies? Joey Barton called them out for what they are, a protest vote, but not a serious political party, just a bunch of extreme right wing fruitcakes who think the tory party is full of commies and pinkos.
They are radicals that's for certain, and any radical party is going to have extremities in it's make-up.

I think you'll be surprised at what may happen in the election. Over the last few years they have invested heavily in local politics, similar in strategy to how Paddy Ashdown saw an opportunity to gain seats in Westminster for the Lib Dems. They are targeting seats where polling suggests they have a significant chance of winning come 2015.

I personally wouldn't vote for them, but they do lighten up what has been a boring period of centrism in British politics. It makes a nice change from 'party lines' and robotic interviews shown by the representatives of the three main parties.

It's also funny watching the socially liberal and metropolitan elite class grow more and more red in the face over their presence in British politics.

stokesy

can we get back to football its not a political forum