News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham's Football Star Kostas Mitroglou: I never talked to any Turkish media!

Started by Jackali7, May 30, 2014, 11:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forever Fulham

Just once I would like to see a huge salary bust give back some of the salary he "earned" doing nothing, contributing nothing.  He must have known how hurt he was when he joined the club.  But he deposited the money just the same.  If he had an ounce of class, he would keep his mouth shut and say only positive things about the club, no matter what.  This really frosts me.

ron

We'll probably finish up paying him compensation because our treatment table wasn't as comfortable as the ones he's used to.....  086.gif

mungos beans

valdeingruo

Well we all know what a terrible player that arrogant forward Ronaldo is............

Who knows what he will do, but all of this speculation over a player who has played about what 2 hours (if that) for us is a bit ridiculous.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Mhbruce

If these comments are from Turkish sources it wouldn't surprise me if they were wrong, every Year I go to turkey and the back page always shows gala being linked with the same player who they never sign, podolski and kaka to be precise

Beamer

Don't we have the guy signed for another year, either he shows his worth during the WC or he stays and proves his worth with us (or stays injured with us, which does him no good) but why would we sell him cheap?

Max Headroom

He is Greek. The World Cup is about to start. The Greeks and the Turks don't get on. He is linked to a Turkish club. Of course he denies it at this time.... Doh!

People read too much into things

cmg

Wikipedia has a list purporting to show all the foreign players that have appeared in the Turkish Süper Lig (or top division) since the mid 90s.
108 nationalities are represented. There have been dozens of players from Argentina, Brazil, Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Ghana, Nigeria etc. Understandably the greatest numbers of foreigners have come from neighbouring European nations The exception to this is their closest neighbour, Greece, from which ONE player is listed.

Mitroglou may be persuaded to give some companionship to Theofanis Gekas, but the current chances are None and Slim - the current whereabouts of Slim is, at present, unknown.

K33NY

When he signed I thought he would be our saviour, what I have learned by media is not to believe everything they say, this could be true this could be false from theire side, he as well could be lying on that twitter, but if he leaves, he would be our biggest flop in history! If he stays good for him hopefully he will score us to promotion then, but the whole Kostas transfer has been a huge ? the guy scored 5 in Championsleague then to leave for a relegation side in a league he never have played in, when he is injured. The whole situation with him is just weird.....

Sgt Fulham

Just some other tweets by him before this saga:

"It was frustrating being out injured for the past months.I fought to get back to match fitness to help the team out of the relegation battle."

"I'm sad that we weren't able to stay in the Premiership and sad for our magnificent supporters they deserved for us to stay up!"

Sure this could well be fake by him but even then it's more real than that Turkish article I bet.

ron

This Bosman ruling seems to have turned football on its head, and certainly in the attitude of the players who have huge price tags. The onus is on the club to get their money's worth before the prima donna in question flicks them a viccy and walks away laughing to the next club who are still impressed by the original valuation.

MasterHaynes

Quote from: shnlwswlkr on May 31, 2014, 11:48:42 AM
Quote from: KCat on May 31, 2014, 11:44:47 AM
Quote from: cmg on May 31, 2014, 11:24:28 AM
Good God, people! Doesn't anyone actually read these things fully?

The whole point of these twitters (if there is a point) is that he has denied saying anything of the sort, that the whole thing has been made up by Turkish newspapers. Possibly as part of the on-going love affair between the two nations.

You are quite right ....

Drogba  has left  Galatasaray and they are looking for a replacement

''Our'' man says :  I do not have to think when I play football in Greece  so I want to play outside for the challenge

I do hope he has a killer World Cup  so that he either Rips up the Championship  or we get more than we paid for him

Yeah as much as people hate on him, for simply being injured? I would love to see him stay with us an play in the championship.
:plus one:

RaySmith

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on June 01, 2014, 02:30:53 PM
Just some other tweets by him before this saga:

"It was frustrating being out injured for the past months.I fought to get back to match fitness to help the team out of the relegation battle."

"I'm sad that we weren't able to stay in the Premiership and sad for our magnificent supporters they deserved for us to stay up!"

Sure this could well be fake by him but even then it's more real than that Turkish article I bet.

Anything and everything could be fake.

Perhaps, this  whole board is a figment of my diseased imagination, and maybe I'll wake to find that relegation from the Prem was just a bad dream.

RaySmith

Mitroglou is a Fulham player who, sadly for him and us, has been injured, and we should get behind him, and hopefully we  will see him playing for the Whites next year and banging in the goals.