watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

US vs Turkey

Started by love4ffc, June 01, 2014, 07:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

love4ffc

International friendly.  Lots of questions to be answered. 

• Team selection, does it justify Donavan being left off?
• Will the back four be tweaked yet again?
• Is Dempsey really fit and can he continue to put them in the back of the net?
• Can Altidore break his run of bad luck and finally add some much needed goals?
• Will any of the three youngsters be in the starting XI, specifically Green?

This should be very interesting to watch. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

love4ffc

Now they are saying that we are going to play behind closed doors against Belgium once we get to Brazil.  They claim this is so the US can do some final tweaking without the scrutiny of the US fans and media watching? 

love4ffc

Fantastic Goal!  Hopefully this is the beginning of something.  While we have had opportunities Turkey has had just as many making our defense look very questionable.     

love4ffc

Turkey had way too many chances.  Very lucky they did not score more.

Still have lots of questions.  Who are the starting XI going to be?  Obviously Jurgen still doesn't know.  Altidore unlucky not to score.  Green looked lost most of the time on the field.  Our back four looked awful. 

Will be very interested in seeing the next week's game.   

YankeeJim

OK if I join this session of talking to yourself? LOL

Can't argue with much. The back four looked better when Beckerman came on. I've never been a fan of Jones. What was Chandler doing on the play that led to the penalty? Looked like Senderos on one of his bad days. I was impressed with Brooks. He showed his athleticism. Yedlin showed some real pace and he'll need it to cover his defensive errors. Looks like Bradley, Deuce and even Altidore  are in good form. We'll need all three. I noticed that after Davis went off we lacked any spot kick ability. Cameron will play every minute of the cup, We need to keep Gonzo off the pitch. I have no doubt that pretty boy is lighting a candle & praying that the big Galaxy guy is on the pitch. CR will make him look like a pretzel. Johnson was strong as was Zusi. I truly believe that no country on earth has two keepers as good as our guys. There has to be a deal in place promising Green a WC spot. He looked like what he is, a high school kid, today.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Forever Fulham

Green on the team; Donovan deemed not good enough.  Christ Almighty.  "Altidore unlucky not to score."  That will also be on his tombstone.  I hope someone gets hurt, and quick, so Klinsmann will have a face saving reason to get Landon in camp, and quick. A bunch of big sponsors have already pulled out.  If there was an iota of facial validity to justify leaving him off the roster, people would give him the benefit of the doubt.  But there isn't. 

YankeeJim

Lets not hope for injuries. It might be Dempsey or Bradley. I agree Lanneycakes should be on the team if for no other reason than to be an impact sub. That kid Green looked like a boy against men and Turkey wasn't good enough to qualify. Someone posted a piece saying that Klinsman has written off this go around because his contract goes through 2018. I can understand bringing Brooks along given how bad our back line is but exactly what does Green bring? I can see him and Johannsson tearing up Russia (well I can hope) but I don't understand Green in this group & the lack of playing time for Johannsson. I suspect he is Klinsman's replacement for Deuce.

love4ffc

Some times I find if I talk to myself that I can actually better understand what I'm saying.  Then I realize I was wrong from the start.  Is that a straitjacket? Yes sir, a large please...

Good comparison of Jones to Senderos.  I hadn't really rated Jones before and now I am even more convinced that Beckerman should be playing in that position. Agree we are going to have to rely on Dempsey, Bradley and Altidore heavily.  Altidore really did use his arm to muscle that ball into the goal and Davis not getting a yellow for handling that ball back into play down the sideline is unbelievable. 

For the PK shouldn't a defender at the international level know that if you are on the line to hold your arms to your side?  I'm not so sure of Davis as a player on the whole but you are right he is a great little spot kicker, and as you say if he is off the pitch who is our spot taker?  As for our keepers we are extremely lucky to have Howard and Gomez.  Very lucky. 

So honest opinion do you see us beating Ghana? 

FortCollinsFulham

Offensively we looked promising, defensively we are lacking. Kinda like Fulham.

If we don't get 3 vs Ghana we will not advance. That being said I believe I heard that Ghana is ranked one spot below turkey in the FIFA rankings, and I think we're due to beat them.

Anything past the group stage will be unexpected and positive.
'Cause I'm already gone, if you bet on me you've won.

Up you Whites

YankeeJim

I tend to be on the hope against hope side. If you remember 2002, a 20 year old kid named Donovan made quite a splash. Lets hope its Brooks this time. Can we beat Ghana? certainly. Will we? If the back line holds, yes. I think the team star this time around will be Bradley. He is the missing ingredient in the diamond. Jozy looked like he cared a bunch yesterday and that will lead to goals. Deuce has always wanted for the team to win something. I still remember his reaction after Brazil came back to win at the Confederations Cup some years ago. If we do beat Ghana than the Portugal game will be the match to decide second place. We'll bunker to start and than take them apart in the second half. By the time we get to Germany, it'll likely be settled. We got a bad draw to be sure but the sequence of the group games couldn't be better.

Yankee Jim, leading with the heart!  starsnstripes

Forever Fulham

Watching Clint cry at Confederations Cup.  Haven't forgotten that.  One of the reasons I'll watch and care in spite of Klinsmann.