News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Very much in advance, but worth knowing now!

Started by Airfix, June 03, 2014, 11:52:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Airfix

Putney Bridge to close for repairs

A bridge over the Thames in south-west London is to close to all traffic while it undergoes £1.5m of repairs.

Putney Bridge will close to motor vehicles from 14 July. It is expected to reopen in October.

Wandsworth Council said the plans had been backed by a "majority of residents and businesses" following a public consultation.

Pedestrians and cyclists will still be able to use the bridge and buses will operate from both ends

Wandsworth Council leader Ravi Govindia said: "These works are absolutely vital to protect the internal fabric of the bridge and ensure it lasts another 100 years.

"Our primary concern is to get this important job done efficiently and quickly so that there is the least amount of disruption to residents, businesses and the wider travelling public."

The council said it was decided the work would be carried out during the school holidays because traffic levels were at their lightest.

Source: BBC Website

grandad

The mass exodus of players will have to go by boat then.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Burt

NorfolkJim

But isnt that a picture of the railway bridge?

TWFL

Quote from: NorfolkJim on June 03, 2014, 12:39:53 PM
Yes, it is, isn't it? You can see the car and pedestrian bridge just in the shot to the left..

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Quote from: TWFL on June 03, 2014, 12:56:36 PM
Quote from: NorfolkJim on June 03, 2014, 12:39:53 PM
Yes, it is, isn't it? You can see the car and pedestrian bridge just in the shot to the left..

So wouldn't it have been more apt to do it the other way round?

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Tapatalk
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Logicalman

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Scrumpy

..........and the Hammersmith flyover is closed at weekends until end of August.

They've thought this one through  fp.gif.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

MasterHaynes

Going by the length of time roadworks seem to take to just put up new barrier on a motorway I notice they don't mention October what year. Still it will be easier walking from Putney station down the High street and across the bridge next season, should be a lot less traffic as it will effectively be a dead end. Long may it continue