watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - World Cup

Started by BigbadBillyMcKinley, June 04, 2014, 02:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigbadBillyMcKinley

With only 9 days to go, and with the usual media destruction of our players confidence in full swing; who, other than England would you want to see lift the cup?
Now, I don't want the usual "I think Brazil/Spain/Argentina" etc. The question is, who would you LIKE to see lift it.

I'm gonna say Belgium. Good players throughout and a bit of an underdog.

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Tapatalk
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

dannyboi-ffc

Half my family are italian so if england don't win it, I always cheer for italy. Normally england go out first so its never a conflict of interests. Little bit different considering they are in our group so england as always will comes first.

I would like to see an under dog do it otherwise. Belgium's a decent shout but considering only south american countries have ever won a world cup hosted in south america I think chile are dark horses and a very good outsider to have a bet on. I'd be happy for them if they did it. Only want england though to be honest
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Sgt Fulham

Ghana beating Uruguay in the final in a cruel but fair way with Suarez left crying on the pitch (again)!

nose

i want england and then probably italy or one of the smaller unfancied nations, time for an upset!

Announcements I want to hear
I hope that FIFA withdraw the russia and QATAR world cups and re-run the competition.
I hope that the world cup goes back to 16 teams,whenit was a better sharper tournmament. They are boring nowadays because there are just to many games. The qualifiers would become far more interesting.
I would love to not have to hear that england were eliminated on penalties once more OR that a dodgy ref was the cause of our downfall disallowing balls that were clearly over the line.

Vinnieffc

As my lads the ROI didn't qualify (I won't bleat on about the circumstances), I will be shouting for England. However, I shall also go along with other posters on here and follow Belgium closely. I'll also put a sly Tenner on Belgium reaching the semi-finals..

fulhamben

Quote from: nose on June 04, 2014, 04:38:34 PM
i want england and then probably italy or one of the smaller unfancied nations, time for an upset!

Announcements I want to hear
I hope that FIFA withdraw the russia and QATAR world cups and re-run the competition.
I hope that the world cup goes back to 16 teams,whenit was a better sharper tournmament. They are boring nowadays because there are just to many games. The qualifiers would become far more interesting.
I would love to not have to hear that england were eliminated on penalties once more OR that a dodgy ref was the cause of our downfall disallowing balls that were clearly over the line.

what, and miss out on such classics as algeria vs korea and hondurous vs ecuador. that said im predicting england italy to be one of the most boring games of the tourne. we are not better than the drab roy dished up in 2010 so im expecting another parked bus. thankfully our pain will only last 90 mins this time
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

YankeeJim

Whom would I want to win? The US of course. Not that that will happen in my lifetime. In lieu of that, I always have a soft spot for the Aussies. Now that would be an upset! It would be nice to have an African team win; except for Ghana. How about Honduras? That would make our trips down there even more insufferable than they are now.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

mccscratch

I think Belgium is stacked with great young players... I would love for them to make a run if the US does not (unlikely).
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

Logicalman

As I have dual citizenship, after England it has to be the US of A.

(unless the NSA are monitoring this MB as well, and then it would need to be the other way round - but not really  :033: )
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Wingnut

I will be shouting for England like most here. I have a soft spot for S Korea too, so I would like to see them doing well.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

HatterDon

I've been cheering for England since 1966. At that time, I never thought I'd ever see an American team in the World Cup. I cheer for both sides and, of course, last time out when they actually met, I had no trouble supporting the USA over England. This time out, the fact the Roy is in charge makes me even more hopeful that England do well.

The thing is, of course, that England are no longer a world power and -- like the United States -- making it to the quarter finals should be something to celebrate. It would be in the US, but never in England, whose football supporters don't realize that since 1970, England has been in a steady decline in quality.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

The Old Count

Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on June 04, 2014, 02:08:39 PM
With only 9 days to go, and with the usual media destruction of our players confidence in full swing; who, other than England would you want to see lift the cup?
Now, I don't want the usual "I think Brazil/Spain/Argentina" etc. The question is, who would you LIKE to see lift it.

I'm gonna say Belgium. Good players throughout and a bit of an underdog.

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Tapatalk

'The usual media destruction of the players' confidence'

Do you think they picked up that idea from viewing the comments about some of our players on here?

Burt

In order of priority:
- England. Born here. Lived here all my life.
- Australia. I have dual nationality, courtesy of my dad.
- Belgium. I drew them in the sweepstake at work!

King_Crud

Australia, but they'll be the worst team of the tournament and concede the most goals. Put money on it