Main Menu

And so that's the end of Sidwell as well

Started by Admin, June 07, 2014, 10:07:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

Quote from: Admin on June 07, 2014, 10:07:42 AM
Steve Sidwell (@sjsidwell)
07/06/2014 09:58
It saddens me to say the my time at Fulham has come to an end. I have enjoyed every moment in the 3 and half years I've spent here.

07/06/2014 09:59
I've been so proud every time I pulled the jersey on and I wore it with pride, gave 100% every time and will always look back with great...

Memories of my time at Fulham Fc. I'd like to thank all the players, staff and managers for helping me along the way. But most of all....

I'd like to say thank you....all the fans who have been truly magnificent. From my 1st game to my last I've shared your passion...

Another stupid Yank. Jeez, how long was he with us? Doesn't he know it's "shirt" and "kit?" Well, best of luck in MLS.  064.gif
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

b+w geezer

Nice tweets, he can hold his head up high, and good luck to him. In a better setup he can still have a prem career, even though in a better setup he'll not be a nailed-on starter.

Now he's gone, there is much more virtue in having Parker here, who can also supply elder statesmanship and leadership -- at Motspur Park as importantly as on matchdays. It's a role we need, but to have two fulfilling it was a luxury unless they complemented each other in playing terms. As we saw last season, they didn't really.

Using what would have been Steve's wages, we have money to spare for a good Championship quality defensive midfielder AND attacking midfielder. And hopefully that is what we'll do. If the latter is Chris David on an improved extended contract, good. On the defensive midfield side we need to recruit, but for that kind of player you don't need big bucks, just sensible scouting.

JackyFulham90

Fair play to Sidwell he was impressive last season, always gave his best,  scored some key goals but for me he had limited ability & letting him go was the correct footballing decision.

Logicalman

Quote from: fulhamben on June 07, 2014, 12:01:28 PM
Quote from: MJG on June 07, 2014, 11:56:54 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on June 07, 2014, 11:56:04 AM
its a shame we didnt have this clear out last season, we might have stayed up
two summers too late
yes ill go with that

If it included the subsequent manager as well!
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.