watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR(-ish) Everbank Stadium

Started by cmg, June 08, 2014, 04:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmg

USA currently playing Nigeria in Jacksonville at the stadium in which the Jaguars play.

Who owns this facility?
I note the City of Jacksonville stumped up $60m of the building costs, which still leaves a few bob to find (£74m). Does Khan have any ownership interest in the stadium itself?

It looks very nice - if you like that sort of thing.

Altidore just put US in front.

YankeeJim

I don't know the specifics about this venue, but I can say that I know that most often the community builds this venues with some sort of tax bond. It is the cost of having a professional team. There are exceptions but mostly its done this way. The team owners, unlike those in the Prem (LOL), are all on some sort of ego trip. Plus Americans tend to believe that anything the state builds is free.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

YankeeJim

BTW, Altidore scored a beaut of a winner. 2-1 US. I'm sure Sunderland fans are asking, where did that come from.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

cmg

Thanks for the reply.

And thanks for telling me the result! I hadn't realised I was watching a replay. No harm done - it was 2-1 with 4 to go when I saw your 'spoiler'.
Cracking pass from Bradley for the second. Clint looked to be struggling a bit.

WhiteJC

Quote from: cmg on June 08, 2014, 05:56:12 PM

Thanks for the reply.

And thanks for telling me the result! I hadn't realised I was watching a replay. No harm done - it was 2-1 with 4 to go when I saw your 'spoiler'.

to be fair to Clint when didn't he look to be struggling? I think its his 'body language'?

VamosFFC

Quote from: WhiteJC on June 08, 2014, 06:13:23 PM
Quote from: cmg on June 08, 2014, 05:56:12 PM

Thanks for the reply.

to be fair to Clint when didn't he look to be struggling? I think its his 'body language'?

Ya I would have to agree to an extent. Don't get me wrong, Clint is a great player, but he has a lazy style of playing. If he gets knocked down it always takes him a bit to get back up.