watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Blatters FIFA defence....The British media are Rasists

Started by Fulham Tup North, June 09, 2014, 07:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

domprague

You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

HatterDon

Just for the record, I don't think the Brit media is particularly racist -- although they were in the 60s and 70s. I remember the idiot at the Mirror who used to call Yvonne Goolagong "The Chocolate Drop Kid" in his columns and then follow it EACH TIME by saying "She hates that name."

I AM concerned about the spelling and punctuation of many individual Brits, though.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

love4ffc

IOC and FIFA are known to have deep problems.  So I don't understand why the EU, Asia and Americas have not banned together and demanded change?

What really would be the downside to the EU and Americas walking away from FIFA? 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

HatterDon

Quote from: love4ffc on June 10, 2014, 11:33:00 PM
IOC and FIFA are known to have deep problems.  So I don't understand why the EU, Asia and Americas have not banned together and demanded change?

What really would be the downside to the EU and Americas walking away from FIFA? 

UEFA is more corrupt than FIFA. CONCACAF? Does the name Jack Warner mean anything to ya?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Logicalman

Quote from: love4ffc on June 10, 2014, 11:33:00 PM

I believe the issue will surround the hierarchy of the football associations, and that FIFA own the WC competition. If UEFA & CONCACAF leave the FIFA brotherhood, then we will need CONMEBOL & AFC at least to follow, or it will leave a complete split down the middle of FIFA.
What would work is that the initial two orgs boycott the next WCF (a little difficulty there as 2018 is a UEFA member country), or the 2022 WCF - much better option as its too bloody hot there, or would be in the middle of UEFA domestic league seasons.

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

absent cottager

Quote from: HatterDon on June 10, 2014, 11:26:36 PM
Just for the record, I don't think the Brit media is particularly racist -- although they were in the 60s and 70s. I remember the idiot at the Mirror who used to call Yvonne Goolagong "The Chocolate Drop Kid" in his columns and then follow it EACH TIME by saying "She hates that name."

I AM concerned about the spelling and punctuation of many individual Brits, though.

Have you ever read The Mail, or The Sun?! Type of fascist right wing dogma that's brought about the rise of neo nazism in the UK today!

Hopefully this will lead to more corruption cases being brought to light across, pretty much every major industry and big corporation world wide, not to mention governments, who's job it's supposed to be to keep this in check, not profit from the corruption.

Forever Fulham

Everything about Qatar getting the Cup venue just reeks of bribery.  That's one pig you can't perfume.  I understand the claim about spreading the venue to atypical areas in hopes of promoting interest in the game there.  But the desert?   120 F?   I understand they also claimed they would cover the main stadia and air condition it for both fans and players.  But that isn't going to happen.  And everyone knew it wasn't going to happen.  Countries should now collude, agreeing amongst themselves not to play in the next W.C. until Blatter is removed, the Qatar deal is unwound, a temperate climate country gets the venue instead, and more transparency is put in place. 

Dream on.

Burt

Quote from: Sammyffc on June 10, 2014, 02:09:26 PM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on June 09, 2014, 10:24:36 PM
Quote from: Burt on June 09, 2014, 09:07:06 PM
Just a little word of warning, dear FOFers....

This board is subject to the laws of libel so by all means comment on this generally given how topical it is etc...

...but please steer clear of making unsubstantiated comments about specific individuals that may harm their reputation (regardless of whether you feel their reputation is already in the gutter).

Cheers

Burt

Should this guidance also apply to the various threads abusing Alistair Macintosh and Sarah Brookes with various unsubstantiated accusations that have appeared recently?

:plus one: :plus one:

Well...

Yes, of course.

Any individual can bring action for statements that are published (threads on FOF would constitute "published" given anyone can read them) which defame a named or identifiable person in such a way that they could argue would cause others to think worse of them. If it does result in action, the burden of proof is on the person making the allegation to prove that what they have said is true. Negligence is not a defence. And, of course, neither is malice.

Burt's "golden rule" is use your common sense. If you steer clear of abusive comments or unsubstantiated allegations about specific people then all will be sunshine, light and tweeting birds.

The Doctor

Quote from: Burt on June 11, 2014, 10:03:19 AM

Any individual can bring action for statements...which defame a named or identifiable person in such a way that they could argue would cause others to think worse of them

In theory could Blatter therefore bring an action against himself?  Every time he says something he manages to make me think less of him and his organisation...

Burt

Quote from: The Doctor on June 11, 2014, 10:35:00 AM
Quote from: Burt on June 11, 2014, 10:03:19 AM

Any individual can bring action for statements...which defame a named or identifiable person in such a way that they could argue would cause others to think worse of them

In theory could Blatter therefore bring an action against himself?  Every time he says something he manages to make me think less of him and his organisation...

That would be an interesting legal precedent, would like to see that one play out in the courts...