watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

WCF: Group A : Brazil-Croatia-Mexico-Cameroon

Started by Moderati, June 12, 2014, 05:05:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forever Fulham

I've never understood Mexico's obsession with the U.S. men's soccer team and especially Landon Donovan.  A pride thing.   Whatever else, economically, socially, Mexico counted on being able to easily beat the U.S. men's national team.  Not the U.S. women's team--they beat everyone and have for, what, 20 years?  But now the tables are turning.  The U.S. went on a record breaking run  in qualifiers and friendlies.  Don't know what this World Cup will bring.  The odds are stacked against the U.S. going any further, that's for sure.  But I don't think Mexico wants to play us.  For whatever the reason, the U.S. has Mexico's number.

YankeeJim

The US is certainly in Mexico's head. If they played us like they do Brazil (they have gotten a result about half the time, who else does that against Brazil?), they'd win every time. They always seem to quit against the US and resort to petty fouls and that cowardly ardito while we go dos e nada.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

fulhamben

croatia 4 up and counting. they have really impressed me in this tourne. its a shame one of them or mexico will go out due to brazil cheating there way to 3 points in the first game
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

BarryP

Quote from: fulhamben on June 19, 2014, 12:36:30 AM
croatia 4 up and counting. they have really impressed me in this tourne. its a shame one of them or mexico will go out due to brazil cheating there way to 3 points in the first game

I am looking forward to the Mexico-Croatia match.  Under the circumstances this should be a dynamite matchup.  Croatia have to go forward looking to win the match and I don't think Mexico are set up to bunker.  I am expecting a wide open, electrifiying match when they meet.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Northern Cottager

Is Clark Carlisle Brazilian? Absolute goon.

RidgeRider

wow, Mexico could have easily won 4-0 had they gotten the handball penalty call....course I know that would altered play and never guarantee same things would have happened but.....they really went after Croatia after the half. Very testy match. Tempers flaring on both sides.

BarryP

Mexico was impressive in their win over Croatia.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."