Main Menu

Anyone done any bets on the world cup?

Started by dannyboi-ffc, June 13, 2014, 10:51:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

Quote from: stevehawkinslidingtackle on June 14, 2014, 05:09:01 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on June 14, 2014, 04:37:11 PM
Quote from: stevehawkinslidingtackle on June 14, 2014, 04:35:17 PM
Just pumped 50 quid on Columbia and Uruguay win double tonight. Pays 2 to 1 .  

Columbia is playing Sarah Lawrence in a chess tournament; how did you get those odds?

Ah I see, spell check Police. Sorry I should have spelt that Colonbeer. Is that right ? But in all seriousness, fair play and much respect for knowing the fixture list of a college chess tournament when the world cup is on. 
Was your last birthday party held in a phone box ? In fact I just might have another 50 notes on that.

Well, I appreciate your good wishes. I haven't celebrated my birthday for 40 or so years, but I do have lots of friends -- all of whom have great senses of humor.

Bummer about the bet on Uruguay. Ticos had a hell of a match.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

something_amusing

Quote from: stevehawkinslidingtackle on June 14, 2014, 05:09:01 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on June 14, 2014, 04:37:11 PM
Quote from: stevehawkinslidingtackle on June 14, 2014, 04:35:17 PM
Just pumped 50 quid on Columbia and Uruguay win double tonight. Pays 2 to 1 .  

Columbia is playing Sarah Lawrence in a chess tournament; how did you get those odds?

Ah I see, spell check Police. Sorry I should have spelt that Colonbeer. Is that right ? But in all seriousness, fair play and much respect for knowing the fixture list of a college chess tournament when the world cup is on. 
Was your last birthday party held in a phone box ? In fact I just might have another 50 notes on that.
ha this made me laugh

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

leonffc

Before the whole thing started I put a tenner Argentina to win it and also a tenner on my dark horses Colombia who had a good qualification and have an easy group to get out of.
Although having watched the games Chile look a lot better than the erratic Colombians.

MiltonBurrows

I put a tenner on Muller for the golden boot at 33/1. Never in my life have i been so happy to see a german score a hat-trick in the world cup.
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

HatterDon

I don't have enough disposable income to place bets on sporting events.  :012:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Airfix

Personally, I don't gamble - I don't see the attraction - but there was a guy on the FFC Facebook page last night who did a £5 accumulator:

Ivory Coast to win
Italy to win
Germany to win
Switzerland to win
Argentina to win

All with both teams in each tie to score. 

He had a chance to cash it in before the Germany game for £4,500 and chose not to. 

If Portugal had scored, he'd have netted around £26,000. 

He claims to be unrepentant at not cashing in.

Deanothefulhamfan

In response to the OP just backed Belgium in play at 3/1.... also have money on Brazil to win, and a smaller bet on chile to win.

Airfix - people like that are why the bookies make money.... 5 pounds staked he could have cashed for 4.5k, I like a gamble but if you do it properly you can take money off the bookies, gambling like this is just wreckless imo

Dembele96

Well won 75e for the moment with the WC I bet it all on a 4/6 for 850e I got 2 right for the moment thanks belgium and the Mexican.