watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Golf Clubhouse - Come on in

Started by Steve_orino, January 31, 2010, 06:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve_orino

Tiger Woods - When will he come back?  Will Elin leave his @$$?

Will somebody unseat him as the #1?

Is Tiger your favorite player?

If not Tiger, who is your favorite player?

Do you tend to watch more if Tiger is in contention on Saturday and Sunday?

Is CCD the best golfer on this board?
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

boxhockcycsock

Phil Mickelson. Not only the fact that he lives about 15 minutes from my parents house, by car, but that he's got a genuine love for the game. The fact that he has the bollocks to stand up to the USGA about the stupid rule they have about wedge grooves says to me that he cares.

Tiger is a douche. Used to like him, but he has replaced Hugh Grant as king. Sorry, I know that Hugh is a Fulham fan, but anybody to cheat on Elizabeth Hurley like he did doesn't deserve to support the greatest football club.

Maybe we should all post our handicap in our profile so that we can all pretend like we're much better than we actually are, haha  ;)

Time is blind.
Make sure in the parking lot of life, you do not take it's handicapped spot because then you'll be occupying time's space, the ticket for which is being thrown into a wormhole.

HatterDon

Tiger Woods is the only thing vaguely interesting about the PGA. Everybody else plays the NCAA "play it safe; play the percentage" method, and IT IS BORING. Tiger brings a little bit of the crap-shooter that we used to get with Arnold Palmer.

I'm in the Mark Twain school regarding golf [It is a good walk spoiled.], but if Tiger is in the top six on Saturday or Sunday, I'll tune in. If he's not playing, I won't even check the results on ESPN. There's no point in watching Phil Mickelsen, Ernie Els, Sergio Garcia, and 55 cookie cutter Americans who all look the same and play the same. I'd rather watch a documentary on waste management.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

AmericanJames

I can be certain that CCD is not the best golfer on this board, I have seen him first hand (many times I am sad to say). The only time he supposedly scores well is when he doesn't play with me.  Though his golf equipment is top notch ;D.   
Some people are literally too stupid to insult

finnster01

Well I can't play for shite, but don't mind a good walk and carrying a few clubs if I have to. A good day out, a nice cigar, a few beers and a bunch of banter. Nothing wrong with that.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Steve_orino

So it's like Cricket, Mr. Finn? 

Only without the throwing of a ball and a helmet on the batter...
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

clintclintdeuce

well mates, I ended last year with a 6.8 handicap, and shot a low round of 74 last year. James on the other hand has a 30 handicap. I am willing to give lessons to anyone who provides me with free beer and or pizza, and will golf anywhere, any time.
The Dude abides.

Steve_orino

it's confirmed then!  With a 6.8, CCD has to be the best FoF golfer.

It's too bad we can't all get together on the Scottish links for a scramble.  Now that would be a great FoF fundraiser!
@Borino09

clintclintdeuce

Quote from: Steve_orino on February 06, 2010, 01:45:00 AM
it's confirmed then!  With a 6.8, CCD has to be the best FoF golfer.

It's too bad we can't all get together on the Scottish links for a scramble.  Now that would be a great FoF fundraiser!

Figure out a central location and I am in.... maybe even possibly Vegas or Atlantic City in the summer..... and Im quite stingy on giving strokes just so you know..... and I dont drink when I play seriously, so Ive given you the equalizer tip as Im quite horrible when it comes down that lane.
The Dude abides.

CorkCity

Is CCD the best golfer on the board , I nearly fell off my chair laughing !
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

RidgeRider

I have never really been a Tiger fan per se. Too perfect, but I guess that image has now been shattered.

Being cyclist and a golfer is bad for a marriage so I gave up golf. Used to play quite bit, never got better than a 17.

I still think the game is exciting without Tiger in it. There are some very good players in the game now and while we don't have anyone, sans Daly, that is real controversial, if you are a sports purist and enjoy watching people perfecting a craft, I still think the game still has a place of interest for people.