more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

In talks with Australian striker !

Started by Riversider, June 18, 2014, 01:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

Quote from: FFC1987 on June 18, 2014, 04:02:04 PM
I've asked the club to do a poll on their website to meet the fans criteria of players we should buy/sign. It's simply, 'have you heard of him'. If we get 50% or more, we sign, if under, he's a write off. Flawless plan.
whats criteria got to do with it. i just said its typical fulham to get us excited about a player, only for us to end up with an unheard of. it happens quite regularly with us. didnt say i didnt want the player to sign or not. just that this is typical of us
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

God The Mechanic

We rarely operate in public though.  Mitroglou was probably the most open transfer we've done in a while, maybe Stekelenburg cos of the January bid and I guess Berba after the Italian clubs announced our interest.  THE CLUB doesn't get us excited, largely unfounded rumours do.  That ain't their fault.

fulhamben

Quote from: God The Mechanic on June 18, 2014, 04:29:10 PM
We rarely operate in public though.  Mitroglou was probably the most open transfer we've done in a while, maybe Stekelenburg cos of the January bid and I guess Berba after the Italian clubs announced our interest.  THE CLUB doesn't get us excited, largely unfounded rumours do.  That ain't their fault.
rene was very open in the january market, but ill conceed most other windows we are relying on media for said information

Syd Cupp

Slight concern though with Taggart is when you got Emile Heskey as your strike partner you gonna look good !!!

Burt

Two things...

1. You have to trust that the club's scouting network knows a great deal more about what is out there than we do.

2. Over the years there have been numerous examples of us signing players who us supporters never really knew about who turned out to be quite good.

PeterFFC

25 games played and 16 goals this season. A good return and I think he could be very useful, especially in the championship as a squad player.
Can't people on here ever be pleased?

fulhamben

Quote from: PeterFFC on June 18, 2014, 04:45:50 PM
25 games played and 16 goals this season. A good return and I think he could be very useful, especially in the championship as a squad player.
who is not pleased then?

BedsFFC

on the bench now. Was unused sub against Chile

MJG

Quote from: twang on June 18, 2014, 03:33:49 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on June 18, 2014, 03:21:45 PM
Quote from: TrexFFC on June 18, 2014, 03:16:22 PMWe've been linked to this guy and Ross McCormack now.  We're linked to a guy that has had experience in the Championship and a guy with high upside but we don't know what we would get exactly.  I think this is honestly a positive.  I've been seeing comments about getting a guy who is proven in the Championship and getting someone who has nice potential to be good for us. I'm happy because to me it shows our scouting is looking at many different avenues to bring in players.

At this stage I think that is the only way to look at it. We seem to be looking for up and comers from many leagues instead of old creaky names that 5 years ago were good. Has to be the way to go now.

Generally I agree, but I don't really see the point of signing promising 20-ish strikers when we've got Woodrow, Dembele and (at least for now) Trotta.
I know we have Mitroglou,Hugo,Woodrow,Trotta,Dembele in the squad....and I mean in the squad. The club as a whole does not have many strikers from first team downwards. So we need some bodies in.

Also remember Dembele is still only 17 and is not going to play 46 games next season and to ask him to okay half of that will be a hard. Trotta has asked to leave and a majority of fans seem to him to go as well ( no I don't know why).

So I'm more than happy to look at younger strikers and the more the merrier.

YankeeJim

On the plus side, we are looking at unknowns in their early twenties. That, is in itself, a giant step in the right direction. Of all the old farts we picked up who besides Karagounis and Berbatov added anything to the squad. Even those two were spotty.

Also on the plus side, the Aussie actually speaks English I can understand....unlike you lot. LOL
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

twang

Quote from: MJG on June 18, 2014, 05:33:56 PM
Quote from: twang on June 18, 2014, 03:33:49 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on June 18, 2014, 03:21:45 PM
Quote from: TrexFFC on June 18, 2014, 03:16:22 PM
We've been linked to this guy and Ross McCormack now.  We're linked to a guy that has had experience in the Championship and a guy with high upside but we don't know what we would get exactly.  I think this is honestly a positive.  I've been seeing comments about getting a guy who is proven in the Championship and getting someone who has nice potential to be good for us. I'm happy because to me it shows our scouting is looking at many different avenues to bring in players.

At this stage I think that is the only way to look at it. We seem to be looking for up and comers from many leagues instead of old creaky names that 5 years ago were good. Has to be the way to go now.

Generally I agree, but I don't really see the point of signing promising 20-ish strikers when we've got Woodrow, Dembele and (at least for now) Trotta.
I know we have Mitroglou,Hugo,Woodrow,Trotta,Dembele in the squad....and I mean in the squad. The club as a whole does not have many strikers from first team downwards. So we need some bodies in.

Also remember Dembele is still only 17 and is not going to play 46 games next season and to ask him to okay half of that will be a hard. Trotta has asked to leave and a majority of fans seem to him to go as well ( no I don't know why).

So I'm more than happy to look at younger strikers and the more the merrier.

"I'm happy with my season at Brentford and for the promotion in the Championship. My loan is finished and Fulham have summoned me for the pre-season that will begin next week," he told tuttomercatoweb.com.

"I have not yet talked with the executives to understand what the club want to do with me. I know that in Italy many teams are interested in me and that makes me happy. Together with my agents I will evaluate the offers."

I know it was widely reported, but to me that doesn't seem like a player that has handed in a transfer request.

On your other point, I really don't get what you mean. Dembele or Woodrow won't be happy to play U21/U18 football another season, so if we lack strikers in the youth teams, we'll need to get youth strikers, not 20-year-olds.

And no, I don't expect Woodrow or Dembele to play 46 games, that is probably the most annoying argument regarding our younger players. We'll need a squad of good players, and if we're going to play with two strikers then at the moment that's Mitroglou and Hugo, with Woodrow and Dembele/Trotta as backups.

Walsh

I'm not surprised he isn't a starter for Australia, with Tim Cahill scoring goals upfront on his own there is no need for Australia to bring him on also he's still a kid for christ sake, he's only going to get better whilst playing in the Championship.

MJG

Well you have answered it yourself, only five strikers covering first team and u21's. Need another one or two, and out of them I would expect at least one to go on loan.
I don't see Dembele quite in matchday squad yet, a short loan spell or at least another dozen u21 games and I'll be happy to see him involved.
I see no downside on trying to get the Aussie lad and also another experienced striker.

PeterFFC

Quote from: fulhamben on June 18, 2014, 04:46:36 PM
Quote from: PeterFFC on June 18, 2014, 04:45:50 PM
who is not pleased then?

Sorry if I'm wrong but I thought you weren't. But I mean in general people aren't very upbeat

St Eve

23 year old, 6 foot striker - try him at left back

westcliff white

personally i think we should be looking for a proven scorer in the division to compliment what we have and not a striker form a league which is not comparable. Admittedly ive not seen a lot of the a league but from what I have it doesnt look to be comparable.
Every day is a Fulham day

ToodlesMcToot

Possible that we get a look at Taggert in Australia's final group game. Sounds like Cahill is suspended.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

twang

Quote from: MJG on June 18, 2014, 06:08:46 PM
Well you have answered it yourself, only five strikers covering first team and u21's. Need another one or two, and out of them I would expect at least one to go on loan.
I don't see Dembele quite in matchday squad yet, a short loan spell or at least another dozen u21 games and I'll be happy to see him involved.
I see no downside on trying to get the Aussie lad and also another experienced striker.

What are you on about? The first team is the one that matters and if a player is good enough to step up, the club won't be saying 'Oh, but he can't. Because who would play in the youth team then?'.

westcliff white

Quote from: twang on June 18, 2014, 06:28:40 PM
Quote from: MJG on June 18, 2014, 06:08:46 PM

What are you on about? The first team is the one that matters and if a player is good enough to step up, the club won't be saying 'Oh, but he can't. Because who would play in the youth team then?'.
i thought thy did exactly that last year when Dembele went to the US for the dallas cup
Every day is a Fulham day