Main Menu

In talks with Australian striker !

Started by Riversider, June 18, 2014, 01:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rock

Quote from: Black, White and Fred on June 18, 2014, 02:52:03 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on June 18, 2014, 01:57:58 PM
Quote from: Riversider on June 18, 2014, 01:55:31 PM
He's playing at The World Cup FFS, how is he unheard of ?
I bet you'd heard of Darren Bent and never heard of Louis Saha .
can you name me 8 players from south korea, iran and algeria?

Park? That must be 8

064.gif

Parkway Drive

He's starting up front against Spain.

Craven Mad

Quote from: Parkway Drive on June 20, 2014, 06:29:43 AM

How do you know? Has the manager said?

Parkway Drive

Quote from: Craven Mad on June 20, 2014, 08:01:19 AM
Quote from: Parkway Drive on June 20, 2014, 06:29:43 AM

How do you know? Has the manager said?

Only striker we have left haha other than moving Mathew Leckie from the right but I doubt that would happen.

Riversider

Don't forget gang, 5pm today on ITV 4 today, it's Australia v Spain, and our chance to see two potential Fulham players Taggart and Davidson ,
Should be a good test for them both and I'm looking forward to see how they get on .

jmh

I didn't see the match, but from what I can glean at whoscored, Taggart wasn't very involved.  He came off at halftime and didn't seem to have had many touches, completing just two of five attempted passes.

Davidson (are there really reports that we're after him?) played the full match at left back.  No tackles, four interceptions, four successful clearances, one shot blocked.  Completed 38 of 50 passes.  Got upfield enough to attempt four crosses, none of which were successful.

God The Mechanic

The support and supply for Taggart was abysmal, he had absolutely nothing to play with.  Davidson was iffy at the back but put in some decent crosses.  Spain played pretty well though.

cmg

Quote from: jmh on June 23, 2014, 07:37:36 PM
I didn't see the match, but from what I can glean at whoscored, Taggart wasn't very involved.  He came off at halftime and didn't seem to have had many touches, completing just two of five attempted passes.

Davidson (are there really reports that we're after him?) played the full match at left back.  No tackles, four interceptions, four successful clearances, one shot blocked.  Completed 38 of 50 passes.  Got upfield enough to attempt four crosses, none of which were successful.

I'd say the stats give a bit of a flattering picture, although I thought he did make quite a decent tackle early on. He did sally upfield now and again, without much effect. The other stuff I didn't count, but I don't think it unfair to say that he was poorly positioned for two of the goals (although one was offside). Thems the facts - I make no judgement based on a single viewing.

Taggart, as GTM has said, had no support and didn't seem to do anything wrong.
I presume his substitution was because of injury.
Probably a maniscus tear......but don't worry, he'll be OK next week.

theFFCfan

Taggart is 21 not 23, also only 200k compared with 10 nil for mcormack, no real comparison

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Benny & the Jets
Great song - can the lad match it?

Sammyffc

Quote from: theFFCfan on June 23, 2014, 10:00:40 PM
Taggart is 21 not 23, also only 200k compared with 10 nil for mcormack, no real comparison

I think you are hugely mistaken if you think taggart is being bought in place of mccormack

JackyFulham90

Taggart will be a squad player as we only have Woodrow & Dembele upfront atm. We have lost Bent & would expect Rodallega & Mitroglou to be moved on aswell so another 2 strikers are needed

westcliff white

lack of support or not, i thought Taggart's movement was poor throughout the game, even without supply and supoprt you need ot make runs and I didnt think he was sharo enough to what he had to do. The left back was ok nothing spectacular and didn't seem an improvement on Richardson or dare I say Riise.

Obviously just my opinion from what I saw on TV.
Every day is a Fulham day

Pluto

On the basis of this game I don't rate either of these players but we'll see.

Craven Mad

Didn't think either looked great, but it has to be remembered who the opposition were..

If they looked amazing against Spain and Holland they would be looking at far better offers than ones from us.

Plus, at a combined total expenditure (rumoured) of <£250k, not exactly a great risk.

Lighthouse

We can't really tell what these squad players will be like on one showing against Spain. Look at how well Ruiz played so far in the World Cup and some fans still think he is rubbish. On that scale the two Aussies should be wonderful.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

BarryP

I guess  I'm just old.fashion but  I do like  to give.players a chance to perform in a Fulham shirt against their actual competition before making any judgements about their level of play and preseason doesn't count. Welcome aboard and good luck to all the new signings.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Craven Mad

Quote from: BarryP on June 25, 2014, 06:40:24 PM
I guess  I'm just old.fashion but  I do like  to give.players a chance to perform in a Fulham shirt against their actual competition before making any judgements about their level of play and preseason doesn't count. Welcome aboard and good luck to all the new signings.

Pschhh... Get with the times, Grandpa!

Criticising players that no one's heard of nor seen play is all the rage these days.

cmg

Quote from: Craven Mad on June 25, 2014, 06:45:32 PM

Pschhh... Get with the times, Grandpa!

Criticising players that no one's heard of nor seen play is all the rage these days.

Absolutely right.
You must also keep to the established rule: Any player brought into FFC is useless and proof of managerial incompetence.
                                                               Any player who leaves FFC is fabulous and proof of managerial incompetence.