watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Brede

Started by WhiteJC, January 31, 2010, 06:40:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

I think most us would agree that Brede has not had the best couple of games.

Do you think it has anything to do with Huges not being his partner? I not trying to take anything away from Smalling, but it seams to me that the big man just isn't as comfortable as he was last season

Jimpav

This could be a factor but he has been a bit iffy all season. Last year was a tough act to follow.

watfordwhite

I think it has more to do with the foot injury he picked up, he has not been the same since. We hay of rushed him back to soon.

TheDaddy

He may well feel uneasy with the way the back four have had to be chopped and changed.
Kelly isn't a premier defender "Sorry" Hughes played right back for Newcastle but is more comfortable in the centre,Smalling is just beginning to lean his trade.
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

bazzamcb

i think hughes makes hangelnad the player he is. he covers alot of his mistake and when he's out wide we really miss him in the middle.

sylvain

Why we didn't play a natural right back in Stoor instead of playing Hughesy out of position I will never know? Stoor may be not our first choice but we effectively played one of our best defenders out of position to keep him out.

I think there's something going on with Smalling - some term that means he has to play a certain amount of games prior to going to Utd. Just to encourage us not to let him rot on the bench and work for the future. if you look at it on paper - Smalling plays=Fulham lose. Hughes+Brede Centre Back Partnership=we have the 4th best defensive record in the country.

Play Hughes and Hangeland in the centre over everything in my opinion. Then whoever can get up and down the line as wingbacks.