watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

England national team debate.

Started by Banjo123, June 24, 2014, 02:16:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banjo123

I think that all this talk about how there should be more English players in the league is wrong. Wouldn't it be a better option to send more English talent abroad to learn new systems. Also there is the added advantage of foreign leagues being less strenuous than the premiere league and so surely this would mean players are fresher for big international tournaments.

dannyboi-ffc

I think you have a decent point but i don't entirely agree. The biggest issue is that not enough english players play in the premiership. That reduces the pool Woy can pick from which then means any decent kids that come through get thrown into the senior squad too quickly and we end up with teams of individuals rather than build a team with a philosophy. 

For example just say every club in the prem had a decent amount of english players, that would mean  we wouldnt have to rush the development of players like sterling, shaw etc... because we would have enough developed players in the first place.

We need a group of around 7/8 good youngsters pat roberts age who stay together as an england team through the u17's which they won, then the u19's tournament, u21's and then begin a qualifying canpaign together ahead of a euros/world cup in the senior team. That will educate them on what tournament football is about and judging by the u17's will help them learn how to win. Stability in time develops a philosophy of its own and rather than copy the german way or the spanish way england can find its own way. Every generation has its style and this lot seem to be one of the best.

The problem is the 2 or 3 half decent ones will end up at man utd and chelsea not playing or will be rushed into Woys squad. In 6 years time we will still have good individuals but no team and it will never end.

The idea of them going abroad depends on the individual. Being a misfit in a country you might struggle to learn the language of could stunt your growth as a player. Everyone is different and i reckon that should be a last resort if there is no one suitable to loan to or sign for here.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Nero

English players are to lazy to move aboard, and to interested in money that wont move from ManU or Chelsea set up because they are on 10k a week to get 1st team football anywhere and only get a realistic wage they would rather waste a few years of there careers banking the money instead of improving themselves, how many of the youngster at the clubs go knocking on the manger door saying I want to go out on loan and get 1st team football. With the number of foreign player over here there must be loads of room for the player that get rejected here to more to another country and get in teams.

Twig

Quote from: Banjo123 on June 24, 2014, 02:16:26 PM
I think that all this talk about how there should be more English players in the league is wrong. Wouldn't it be a better option to send more English talent abroad to learn new systems. Also there is the added advantage of foreign leagues being less strenuous than the premiere league and so surely this would mean players are fresher for big international tournaments.

I agree, I have always felt the same way about how English players could develop.  I am not sure they are too lazy, or too greedy as Nero suggests, at least not in many cases.  No, I think many of our young players are ambitious and hard working and only a minority have major attitude problems.  I think the main reasons that so few go overseas to gain experience are twofold; i. greedy agents who know there is so much easy cash for them in the Prem and a ii. reluctance on the part of many young players to adjust to living abroad and learning a language. After all, unless they come from quite middle class families it will be unlikely that their parents have lived and worked overseas and it can be quite a daunting proposition for a young man.

HatterDon

Every other nation in the world picks it's national team from leagues in several countries -- except England. Why?

Simple. As long as English talent is overpriced and overpaid, it's a disincentive for a young player to go abroad to polish his skills when he can go to a big 5 club and play about 20 minutes a month. This wasn't always the case. From the 60s to the 90s, British players routinely went abroad to enhance their skills.

As long as y'all keep demanding that the Premier League increase its English player count, prices and wages for better-than-average players will continue to rise to levels higher than those for African, North and Central American, and Asian players. And the ultimate result of that is that England's national team will continue to become less and less competitive.

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

MayoDomo

Quote from: HatterDon on June 25, 2014, 12:29:23 AM
Every other nation in the world picks it's national team from leagues in several countries -- except England. Why?

Simple. As long as English talent is overpriced and overpaid, it's a disincentive for a young player to go abroad to polish his skills when he can go to a big 5 club and play about 20 minutes a month. This wasn't always the case. From the 60s to the 90s, British players routinely went abroad to enhance their skills.

As long as y'all keep demanding that the Premier League increase its English player count, prices and wages for better-than-average players will continue to rise to levels higher than those for African, North and Central American, and Asian players. And the ultimate result of that is that England's national team will continue to become less and less competitive.

Basically this, there's a short little chapter in Soccernomics that explains the same thing.
For Fulham News, Opinions, and Streaming Updates Follow me at https://twitter.com/MayoDomo!

Nero

Quote from: MayoDomo on June 25, 2014, 12:31:33 AM
Quote from: HatterDon on June 25, 2014, 12:29:23 AM

Basically this, there's a short little chapter in Soccernomics that explains the same thing.

I think I heard once that the Chelsea under 21 team the average wage of the youngster was 10k a week, no wonder everyone wants to come to England, if there sensible by the time they have finished there youth contract they would be set for life and without getting anywhere near first team football in Chelsea case. That the real problem is the top premier league team hoard all the young talent and never give them a chance to play and spend millions on a player instead of trying a youngster, hopefully next season with some of Fulham youngster playing in the first team it will make our youth academy more attractive, yes we can only afford to pay you x amount but hey we won x,y and z and x numbers of players are now in the 1st team, so if you want to sign for Chelsea do so but what chance has your kid got of breaking though.