watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Leeds Statement On Mccormack

Started by Sammyffc, July 03, 2014, 10:59:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rusty shackleford

Thanks for dissecting my post with that expert analysis Arthur. Its completely wrong like, but thanks anyway

Sammyffc

Quote from: rusty shackleford on July 03, 2014, 03:01:59 PM
Thanks for dissecting my post with that expert analysis Arthur. Its completely wrong like, but thanks anyway

:005: :005: :005: :005: i also thought he got the complete wrong end of the stick

RaySmith

Jol had little or no say in the sale of the two Ds.

He wanted them to stay, of course, and we had been doing well - but the club, not just Jol, had no choice but to sell.

Arthur

Apologies if I've misinterpreted what you were thinking. I had hoped you would help me understand why.

At the moment, all I have to go on are the words on the page. I've read your post again and it still sounds like you are having a swipe at Jol (which we've all done, but in this case, wouldn't be a fair criticism.)

Nero

what this statement really means is We agreed a feee with Fulham, McCormacks agent has discussed personal terms and relaised they are miles away does any other clubs want to make a bid

rusty shackleford

Quote from: Arthur on July 03, 2014, 03:44:53 PM

Apologies if I've misinterpreted what you were thinking. I had hoped you would help me understand why.

At the moment, all I have to go on are the words on the page. I've read your post again and it still sounds like you are having a swipe at Jol (which we've all done, but in this case, wouldn't be a fair criticism.)

I was trying to liken the Ross McCormack statement to any owner/manager who says they wont sell their prized asset only to sell him soon after because the player wants out. Jol was an easy example because i support Fulham and its fresh(ish) in the memory

General

Sounds like they're just playing hard ball with us in order to get us to up our offer. They know they would accept an offer for him, they're just pushing their luck.

Odd though how we struggled throughout our premier league journey to justify ten million or above on top players whilst in the premiership and we go down a league and then find the cash and think the time is right to spend it. Ridiculous.

That said though like all things, I guarentee that he won't cost us ten million and it will be an undisclosed fee again.

alfie

Quote from: rusty shackleford on July 03, 2014, 04:06:36 PM
Quote from: Arthur on July 03, 2014, 03:44:53 PM

I was trying to liken the Ross McCormack statement to any owner/manager who says they wont sell their prized asset only to sell him soon after because the player wants out. Jol was an easy example because i support Fulham and its fresh(ish) in the memory

Sorry Mr Rusty, i was the first to imply you were having a go at Jol because that is how i read it, even if that is not what you meant you still imply that Jol sold them the next day, anyway my apologies
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

MasterHaynes

Quote from: General on July 03, 2014, 04:45:04 PM
Sounds like they're just playing hard ball with us in order to get us to up our offer. They know they would accept an offer for him, they're just pushing their luck.

Odd though how we struggled throughout our premier league journey to justify ten million or above on top players whilst in the premiership and we go down a league and then find the cash and think the time is right to spend it. Ridiculous.

That said though like all things, I guarentee that he won't cost us ten million and it will be an undisclosed fee again.
I agree , thats where its not similar, Cellini absolutely wants to sell, just trying to hike up the fee as much as he can. Hope he comes a cropper on closing of the window and gets left with a very unhappy player earning a lot less than he would had he got a move at a realistic price

Holders

Quote from: Nero on July 03, 2014, 03:57:57 PM
what this statement really means is We agreed a feee with Fulham, McCormacks agent has discussed personal terms and relaised they are miles away does any other clubs want to make a bid

A good analysis, I think!
Non sumus statione ferriviaria