watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Blackburn are reported to have placed a £10million price tag on Jordan Rhodes

Started by Admin, July 08, 2014, 12:35:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

After rejecting an £8million bid from Norwich..

Sod McCormack, if it's reported that Leeds want near enough £10million, I'd turn my attention to Jordan Rhodes.

ChesterTheTabby

Got to say I agree with you here, Admin. McCormack would be quite a descent signing, however, with the attacking options we have right now Rhodes would most definitely be the better of the two if we were to sign one of them.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Walsh

Rhodes is a proven goal scorer in the Championship, younger and I personally think he could cut it in the Premiership if we do get promoted. I'm not too confident about McCormack, he's only had 1 good season and he's 27.

Deanothefulhamfan

I said on facebook that if we were putting in n 11 million bid for Mccormack, we should pursue Rhodes who is a far better option.

I find it hard to believe we are after another striker if we are keeping Mitro though, as we will have 7 strikers on our books

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

PAY IT MR KHAN.  (pretty please)
He's the ace in the pack of a very exciting attacking line up and system
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

General

westcliff white

according to sky we have agreed 11 million for McCormack, rather have rhodes for ten million
Every day is a Fulham day

RaySmith

You can't definitely say that Rhodes would be better than McCormack. McC might be just the player for us

Why moan instead of celebrating what we've got.

westcliff white

i am not moaning just saying RHodes has scored goals every season where as Ross has done it in only one season.

I am very pleased we went for one of the best two championship strikers last season, but am worried he may n ot reproduce the same form.

Deanothefulhamfan

Rhodes has scored more goals in his past two seasons than Mccormack has in his last 5.... Rhodes is 4 years younger, which has the potential for a future sell on fee, he is also playing International level, which would make him more likely to do better in the premier league.

I am happy we are buying, and if we had got Mccormack for 7-8 million it would have been a good deal, but now we are paying 11, knowing we could have got a better version for 10 grates on me slightly. Leeds have held us for Ransom and we have buckled.

My biggest worry though is the FFP, which would have been the same had we signed Rhodes.

Anyway enough moaning.... Welcome aboard

Craven Mad

The main reason the pro-Ross squad used against the pro-Rhodes lot was that £5-6m (for McCormack) was more reasonable than £10-£12m (for Rhodes).

With the price-gap closed it's hard to argue McCormack was the better choice..

Nonetheless, if Ross can fire in 20+ we'll all be laughing!

sussexwhite

Ship Mitro off to Turkey or wherever we can, bring in Rhodes along side McC, keeping Cauley, Rodders etc as competition for places, bringing them into games later on as subs once teams have been terrified by our frontline......boom another record breaking points tally ?

Ordar

Quote from: sussexwhite on July 08, 2014, 09:09:30 AM
Ship Mitro off to Turkey or wherever we can, bring in Rhodes along side McC, keeping Cauley, Rodders etc as competition for places, bringing them into games later on as subs once teams have been terrified by our frontline......boom another record breaking points tally ?

This would be amazing. We would destroy the division with Rhodes and McCormack up top

westcliff white

as long as mitro stays (and the rumours are he is going too) then we wont sign another striker. You also have to remember the dreaded FFP in the championship and also its very severe penalties.