more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Yedlin

Started by JDH101, July 01, 2014, 11:08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC1987

Quote from: andersons11 on July 02, 2014, 11:32:28 AM
Also, what happened to Bradley? Looked great coming into the Cup, not so much during.

Thought he was brilliant yesterday. If you look at the areas of the pitch he's covered he's worked tirelessly and had a decent impact on the games. Admittedly his quality at times was poor, he was brilliant yesterday.

valdeingruo

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 02, 2014, 11:43:03 AM
Also, what happened to Bradley? Looked great coming into the Cup, not so much during.

Thought he was brilliant yesterday. If you look at the areas of the pitch he's covered he's worked tirelessly and had a decent impact on the games. Admittedly his quality at times was poor, he was brilliant yesterday.
. I was more over talking the whole tournament. He did have a good match and provided the assist. The big what ifs for me are how would we have faired with Altidore and Bradley at 100%
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: andersons11 on July 02, 2014, 11:57:25 AM
Quote from: FFC1987 on July 02, 2014, 11:43:03 AM

. I was more over talking the whole tournament. He did have a good match and provided the assist. The big what ifs for me are how would we have faired with Altidore and Bradley at 100%

My impression of his drop in performance had to do with the combination of his being moved to attacking mid and the loss of Altidore. When Altidore went down the passing options for Bradley dried up and he'd wind up losing possession taking too many touches or trying to make low percentage pass attempts trying to force the ball. I thought he should have been moved further back so that he could find more passing opportunities and have a player like Diskerud/Dempsey play underneath a striker like Wondo. The one roster mistake Klinsman seemed to make was not bringing a direct replacement for Altidore. All my opinion of course.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

ToodlesMcToot

Oh, and Yedlin looked great. He'd be great for a team like Fulham in The Championship - next logical step. Think he'd be a great investment player for us.

He definitely doesn't meet the requirements for a work permit yet, but I'd bet Fulham and Klinsmann could get an appeal thru based upon his minutes in the WC.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

valdeingruo

I was just about to make that statement. I wouldn't be surprised if Khan didn't try to bring in one of the younger US internationals.It would add fight and exposure to the US (just a theory mind you)

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

My impression of his drop in performance had to do with the combination of his being moved to attacking mid and the loss of Altidore. When Altidore went down the passing options for Bradley dried up and he'd wind up losing possession taking too many touches or trying to make low percentage pass attempts trying to force the ball. I thought he should have been moved further back so that he could find more passing opportunities and have a player like Diskerud/Dempsey play underneath a striker like Wondo. The one roster mistake Klinsman seemed to make was not bringing a direct replacement for Altidore. All my opinion of course.
[/quote]

This, in my opinion is similar to Ruiz's performances. For want of a more mobile 'channel running' option like Altidore he suffered from lack of options to pass to.
Now, if only he could come back with the same sort of 'steel' he's showing at the WC he could be a real asset.  Maybe
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

HatterDon

Well, I haven't said this yet this summer, so this thread seems to be the right time to do it:

NO MORE AMERICANS PLAYING FOR FULHAM ... EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Captain Fulhamerica

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on July 01, 2014, 11:54:58 PM
Jermaine Jones certainly put in some effort and I was also impresed By Carl Beckerman, although he didn't play today.

Believe you mean Kyle Beckerman.  He's been a good player in MLS for a long time now, but he's 32 now.  

As far as Yedlin and the other US defenders go, I don't think we have a great shot at signing them unless we go straight up this season.  

The success of the US team in this WC is largely due to the improvement of the MLS.  There's more interest, and crucially more money in MLS than there ever has been before.  Successful players in MLS can make just as much if not more than they can in a lot of European leagues, including the championship.  A player like Omar Gonzalez who started at CB against Germany is making around $30,000 a week for LA Galaxy.  

valdeingruo

Better chuck Hyndman out of the academy then 086.gif

jmh

Quote from: YankeeJim on July 02, 2014, 01:39:27 AM
To put Yedlin in perspective, the guy joined MLS in the past year and prior to the last Friendlies before the WC he had played 13 professional matches. Anyone else notice that he still was the fastest player on the pitch at the 120 minute mark, which essentially was the end of a 90 minute match for him. Hope he grows up quick as a player.
Sure, but it was at the end of a 120 minute match for most of the guys he was faster than. 

Forever Fulham

There's a feeling widely expressed around the water coolers that Landon Donovan wouldn't have missed Wondolowski's sitter...   But was the linesman's flag up anyway? 

Twig

Quote from: HatterDon on July 02, 2014, 03:34:10 PM
Well, I haven't said this yet this summer, so this thread seems to be the right time to do it:

I don't follow your posts particularly so may have missed something - did your family suffer at the hands of some deranged American? But why on earth would you single out one entire nation?  Is this a racist attitude or what?

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Forever Fulham on July 02, 2014, 04:03:20 PM
There's a feeling widely expressed around the water coolers that Landon Donovan wouldn't have missed Wondolowski's sitter...   But was the linesman's flag up anyway? 

I don't think Jozy would have missed it either.  But would Donovan's inclusion in the squad hindered the team performances we've seen?

valdeingruo

Quote from: God The Mechanic on July 02, 2014, 04:20:44 PM
Quote from: Forever Fulham on July 02, 2014, 04:03:20 PM
There's a feeling widely expressed around the water coolers that Landon Donovan wouldn't have missed Wondolowski's sitter...   But was the linesman's flag up anyway?  

I don't think Jozy would have missed it either.  But would Donovan's inclusion in the squad hindered the team performances we've seen?
big what its, however I think Klinnsman was vindicated by not taking Donovan based on this world cup

BarryP

Quote from: Twig on July 02, 2014, 04:04:40 PM

I don't follow your posts particularly so may have missed something - did your family suffer at the hands of some deranged American? But why on earth would you single out one entire nation?  Is this a racist attitude or what?

Don is.American and you probably reading some of his.prior posts probably would have helped clear his post make sense. It is not a.racist comment.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Adi-ffc

lots of remarks about Bradley's mediocrity - thought he was excellent. great passing vision and fantastic engine. Would love a player like him at Fulham.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Adi-ffc on July 02, 2014, 05:03:40 PM
lots of remarks about Bradley's mediocrity - thought he was excellent. great passing vision and fantastic engine. Would love a player like him at Fulham.

He as very good yesterday, the rest of the tournament he was decidedly iffy.

BarryP

Quote from: Adi-ffc on July 02, 2014, 05:03:40 PM

Most of the comments about Bradley seem to be relative to his normal level of play. Since he was played in a position he had never played until just shortly before this WC I prefer  to cut him a bit of slack.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

YankeeJim

Quote from: BarryP on July 02, 2014, 04:59:11 PM
Quote from: Twig on July 02, 2014, 04:04:40 PM

Don is.American and you probably reading some of his.prior posts probably would have helped clear his post make sense. It is not a.racist comment.

Don is not American, he's a Texan. That's a different thing BTW. He doesn't want another American because of the senseless baiting that went on over the likes of Dempsey.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

HatterDon

Quote from: andersons11 on July 02, 2014, 03:40:49 PM
Better chuck Hyndman out of the academy then 086.gif

when and if he starts featuring for us, I'll go dark for the duration.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel