watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Yedlin

Started by JDH101, July 01, 2014, 11:08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrProphet

I thought the USA teams performance last night was one of the best international performances I've ever seen.

The level of fight, organisation and togetherness was something to be hold. On paper the team and squad are very limited compared to the belgiums ( i really don't mean that in a condacending way) but every team can learn a huge amount from them. Klinsmann has been brilliant

Howard, Besler, yedlin and Bradleys performance where some of the best in the tournament

As an englishman I wish my own country could make me just as proud as I guess the USMT did for so many

Twig

Quote from: BarryP on July 02, 2014, 04:59:11 PM
Quote from: Twig on July 02, 2014, 04:04:40 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on July 02, 2014, 03:34:10 PM
Well, I haven't said this yet this summer, so this thread seems to be the right time to do it:

NO MORE AMERICANS PLAYING FOR FULHAM ... EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't follow your posts particularly so may have missed something - did your family suffer at the hands of some deranged American? But why on earth would you single out one entire nation?  Is this a racist attitude or what?

Don is.American and you probably reading some of his.prior posts probably would have helped clear his post make sense. It is not a.racist comment.

Good to hear, I was worried!

bog

He was outstanding. One of the most noticeable productive subs in the whole tourna. A real athlete and his ability to cross the ball was exceptional. Perhaps Clint could put in a word....

092.gif

YankeeJim

Yedlin was a real surprise to be sure but perhaps you didn't notice that as he barged forward, he left a lot of space behind him that Belgium used to good advantage. He is a raw, very raw talent. I think his future is as a winger, Any team that picks him up will have to tech him his position. As a yank, I'd like to see him go to Germany which seems to be a good balance between skill & muscle.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

valdeingruo

He would excell in Germany and with the amount of German Americans in the side it would make sense.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

btings

Yes, Yedlin's relentless runs forwards can be exploited -- this has happened in MLS on a number of occasions.  I actually think it would be awesome if he ended up at Hanover to work with Steve Cherundolo.

Forever Fulham

Not sure how brilliant Klinsmann was in personnel choices against Belgium to be quite honest.  Dempsey was gassed.  Several others hadn't recovered from the German game as well.  We had fresh players who could have offered more just by being fresh, without broken noses, who would have died trying out there.  And I shall never get over him leaving Donovan back home.  While some of the starters might have had a bit more quality, all things being equal, all things weren't equal.  Some of the men needed a rest after the hell of the first three games.  But, who knows...

Black, White and Fred

Quote from: JDH101 on July 01, 2014, 11:08:12 PM
The full back who came on for the States is quality. Young, powerful and quick. Plays in the MLS so won't Kosta Fortune. We should snap him up.

HAHA Kosta furtune!!! Classic Mitroglou banter.
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

Black, White and Fred

Quote from: YankeeJim on July 02, 2014, 06:25:50 PM
Quote from: BarryP on July 02, 2014, 04:59:11 PM
Quote from: Twig on July 02, 2014, 04:04:40 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on July 02, 2014, 03:34:10 PM
Well, I haven't said this yet this summer, so this thread seems to be the right time to do it:

NO MORE AMERICANS PLAYING FOR FULHAM ... EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't follow your posts particularly so may have missed something - did your family suffer at the hands of some deranged American? But why on earth would you single out one entire nation?  Is this a racist attitude or what?

Don is.American and you probably reading some of his.prior posts probably would have helped clear his post make sense. It is not a.racist comment.

Don is not American, he's a Texan. That's a different thing BTW. He doesn't want another American because of the senseless baiting that went on over the likes of Dempsey.

Would be nationalist rather than racist btw 
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

BarryP

http://soccerly.com/article/Kubani/as-roma-look-to-have-snapped-up-deandre-yedlin

AS Roma Look to Have Snapped Up DeAndre Yedlin

QuoteRoma may have sold one American international, Michael Bradley, to Toronto FC and Major League Soccer in January, but they look to have acquired another in Seattle Sounders defender, DeAndre Yedlin.

According to Italian newspaper, La Gazzetta dello Sport, Roma have fought off interest from the likes of Genoa, to acquire the 20 year old's signature. Yedlin impressed in Brazil with the United States, and Roma head coach, Rudi Garcia, targeted the young American as a player for the future.

La Gazzetta dello Sport, are also reporting that Yedlin will remain with the Seattle Sounders on loan until July 2015, allowing him to play in Major League Soccer, for the remainder of the season, and the start of next.

Yedlin joined the Sounders' youth academy for the 2010-2011 season, and became the team's first ever homegrown player, when he signed for the club in January 2013. He made 31 league appearances in his rookie season, and has already made five appearances this season, before leaving to join the American World Cup squad.

In Yedlin, Roma not only pickup a solid young defender, but they also got another American talent which will help them with their plans to grow the club's popularity in the United States. Their American owners have made a conscious effort to expand the club's brand in America, and have signed deals with Disney, Major League Soccer, and the Internationals Champions Cup to show their intentions.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

YankeeJim

Quote from: BarryP on July 06, 2014, 10:16:22 PM
http://soccerly.com/article/Kubani/as-roma-look-to-have-snapped-up-deandre-yedlin

AS Roma Look to Have Snapped Up DeAndre Yedlin

QuoteRoma may have sold one American international, Michael Bradley, to Toronto FC and Major League Soccer in January, but they look to have acquired another in Seattle Sounders defender, DeAndre Yedlin.

According to Italian newspaper, La Gazzetta dello Sport, Roma have fought off interest from the likes of Genoa, to acquire the 20 year old's signature. Yedlin impressed in Brazil with the United States, and Roma head coach, Rudi Garcia, targeted the young American as a player for the future.

La Gazzetta dello Sport, are also reporting that Yedlin will remain with the Seattle Sounders on loan until July 2015, allowing him to play in Major League Soccer, for the remainder of the season, and the start of next.

Yedlin joined the Sounders' youth academy for the 2010-2011 season, and became the team's first ever homegrown player, when he signed for the club in January 2013. He made 31 league appearances in his rookie season, and has already made five appearances this season, before leaving to join the American World Cup squad.

In Yedlin, Roma not only pickup a solid young defender, but they also got another American talent which will help them with their plans to grow the club's popularity in the United States. Their American owners have made a conscious effort to expand the club's brand in America, and have signed deals with Disney, Major League Soccer, and the Internationals Champions Cup to show their intentions.

If he goes to Italy, he gathers splinters. He doesn't have the technical skill nor the ability or desire to dive.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

JDH101

Shame. Just signed for Spuds.