watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thoughts on the US in the WC

Started by YankeeJim, July 11, 2014, 12:06:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YankeeJim

The guys flat out fooled me. I didn't think they'd beat Ghana & when they did, I thought it was just luck and that the other two games would be poor. However they were great against Portugal. They did better against Germany than I thought they would. That brings up the what ifs. What if Jozy hadn't been hurt? What if Klinsman had brought along another target forward? Better yet, what if he had brought Donavan instead of Wondo? I don't see Landon missing that chip shot against Belgium and what would his pace have been worth in extra time? Overall C+. I not scoring on the curve because that would mean doing better than expectations is enough. We have a good "academy" so to speak and a coach who can spot talent, Yeldin, Besler & Beckerman come to mind so I feel the future is bright. Perhaps they'll pull the WC from the desert & award it to a country with a ready made infrastructure.  With all those looney toons screaming in Seattle & Columbus, we could go far.

Hope springs eternal.  starsnstripes
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Berserker

I loved watching the US, such passion and determination. What a goalie you have.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

YankeeJim

Quote from: Berserker on July 11, 2014, 10:24:38 AM
I loved watching the US, such passion and determination. What a goalie you have.

Of course we have a keeper. We've had above average keepers ever since the 90's. Meola, Keller, Fredal, Howard and with Guzan on the bench we're good til at least until 2018 & likely 2022. Now, if we could just come up with a fast, attacking mid/striker of world class we might not need such good keepers.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.