watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

William Kvist on Felix Magath

Started by Yarden, July 04, 2014, 08:51:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shnlwswlkr

What managers are professional? I would say none. I wouldn't want someone professional. I want someone with fire who goes in the changing room and kicks off massively when the team are playing rubbish. Sir Alex throws boots around in the changing rooms, that is not professional, but he was one of the best managers around.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

MasterHaynes

Quote from: shnlwswlkr on July 04, 2014, 10:54:20 AM
What managers are professional? I would say none. I wouldn't want someone professional. I want someone with fire who goes in the changing room and kicks off massively when the team are playing rubbish. Sir Alex throws boots around in the changing rooms, that is not professional, but he was one of the best managers around.
He also upset a large number of highly talented consummate professionals, if he took a dislike to a player, for whatever reason then their time was up. Not sure how much a players view on a manager and his style is valuable current/ex its more about whether the team is a TEAM on the pitch and players give 110% the rest is in the lap of the gods and string a run of results together to imbue the team with confidence.

MJG

Quote from: Baszab on July 04, 2014, 10:50:15 AM
I think you would get the same opinion on Magath from Sidwell Hangeland Duff Riether and others
Duff has not said a bad word about him or the club. Absolute professional there, no running off to have a moan about things.

Lets remember that Kvist and Brede are mates.

shnlwswlkr

Quote from: MJG on July 04, 2014, 11:06:14 AM
Quote from: Baszab on July 04, 2014, 10:50:15 AM
I think you would get the same opinion on Magath from Sidwell Hangeland Duff Riether and others
Duff has not said a bad word about him or the club. Absolute professional there, no running off to have a moan about things.

Lets remember that Kvist and Brede are mates.

Exactly. I think Kvist is the non-professional here.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

SouthfieldWhite

This day and age its all about man management, something I'm afraid I don't feel Felix has got.

Players are too pampered in this day and age .

In today's games, you get coaches who coach and managers who manage, that's not just about picking a team but making each player feel they are better than what the actually are to get the most out of them

epsomraver

Quote from: Admin on July 04, 2014, 09:22:03 AM
Quote from: Yarden on July 04, 2014, 08:51:00 AM
"His professional capability and man management is on the lowest level I've ever experienced"

Dosent sound to good does it.

I suppose his professionalism and man management counts for nothing as he has 3 Bundesliga titles under his belt, 2 cups, and 4 great escapes. Oh, and he's single handedly managed players like Lahn and Dzeko from a young age to the players they are today, both hard working and committed.

Sour grapes at the highest level me thinks.     

Look up Jol's record pre Fulham and you will see that the past means absolutely sweet FA

Sammyffc

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 04, 2014, 10:13:46 AM
I must admit I am getting very confused. Evil dictator swans off for the day before big game because he has a birthday?

Evil manager doesn't tell players who is in the team so they can relax and take day off.

Player would have quit but he thought it best to honour his contract because that after all is what they all do.

We have heard all about people not liking him before. Seems very odd now to retread all this. We don't care as knowing Fulham, he will be sacked the day after the transfer window closes.

One of the jouno's who put these quotes on twitter made it look different to you on one point. He said that one of the players took training, because it was his birthday. As in , it was the players birthday. So maybe what really happened is Magath gave a player the chance to run some sort of session for a laugh after the normal training session ? If so , then it really isn't that unique. Has happened alot with other players at other clubs

RaySmith

It's hard to believe that Felix would have achieved what he has in the game, or have any sort of reputation, if he was as shambolic as the article suggests.

Arthur

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on July 04, 2014, 11:18:04 AM
Players are too pampered in this day and age .

Well, they certainly won't be pampered while Magath is their boss. That's one thing about him that you can be glad about.

EJL

I keep reading people saying that Kvist is a consummate professional, but surely this proves otherwise...? Going out of his way to bad mouth a former colleague doesn't strike me as an action from someone with terrific work ethic.

the nutflush

Quote from: Pluto on July 04, 2014, 10:29:07 AM
Quote from: FFC1987 on July 04, 2014, 10:15:55 AM
I wouldn't discard this as sour grapes personally. Kvist has a good track record and always came across as a role model professional.... Not saying it should be believed but I'd imagine there's at least some truth.

I would be highly surprised if this is sour grapes. Kvist has always been a consummate professional, come across as considered, intelligent and thoughtful with his views.

We've all heard rumours about players not liking Magath before. Personally, he hasn't shown me anything whilst in charge of Fulham that suggests he's the right man for the job. In fact, our worst performance of the season (Stoke) was under his management. I think it's only the matter of time before he's found out and we all turn on him and want his head. Let's see where we are in 6 months.

"Lets see where we are in 6 months"

I remember countless posts about Jol saying this at the start of last season.  'Lets see where we are at Xmas' is the biggest kiss of death ever.  I am on the record as saying I don't think Magath is the right manager to take us back up but I guess we will know by Xmas.   :Get Coat gif:

FFC1987

Quote from: the nutflush on July 04, 2014, 12:35:58 PM
I wouldn't discard this as sour grapes personally. Kvist has a good track record and always came across as a role model professional.... Not saying it should be believed but I'd imagine there's at least some truth.

I would be highly surprised if this is sour grapes. Kvist has always been a consummate professional, come across as considered, intelligent and thoughtful with his views.

We've all heard rumours about players not liking Magath before. Personally, he hasn't shown me anything whilst in charge of Fulham that suggests he's the right man for the job. In fact, our worst performance of the season (Stoke) was under his management. I think it's only the matter of time before he's found out and we all turn on him and want his head. Let's see where we are in 6 months.

I remember countless posts about Jol saying this at the start of last season.  'Lets see where we are at Xmas' is the biggest kiss of death ever.  I am on the record as saying I don't think Magath is the right manager to take us back up but I guess we will know by Xmas.   :Get Coat gif:

I'm hoping you read my other quote as I made a typo and came down on the wrong side of my argument....Im with you and dont think he's the right man. Just like I didn't think he was the right man to keep us up last season...As for soemones comment about questioing his professionalism, he's left a number of clubs and never doen this before. Food for thought...Maybe, Magath's professionalism is in question and Kvist is giving an a trutful insight to it...or its sour grapes...

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: Baszab on July 04, 2014, 12:41:20 PM
The word is he has 10 games

It was Amoriebieta's birthday

Where did you hear that , I doubt that very much

westcliff white

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on July 04, 2014, 12:45:52 PM

Probably knows someone In The Know
Every day is a Fulham day

Pluto

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 04, 2014, 12:45:33 PM
Quote from: the nutflush on July 04, 2014, 12:35:58 PM

I remember countless posts about Jol saying this at the start of last season.  'Lets see where we are at Xmas' is the biggest kiss of death ever.  I am on the record as saying I don't think Magath is the right manager to take us back up but I guess we will know by Xmas.   :Get Coat gif:

I'm hoping you read my other quote as I made a typo and came down on the wrong side of my argument....Im with you and dont think he's the right man. Just like I didn't think he was the right man to keep us up last season...As for soemones comment about questioing his professionalism, he's left a number of clubs and never doen this before. Food for thought...Maybe, Magath's professionalism is in question and Kvist is giving an a trutful insight to it...or its sour grapes...

I completely agree but Jol had already been in charge a while by the start of last season, whereas Magath hasn't had the chance to "build a team yet". Do I think he's the man to bring us back up? No chance. I would be amazed if he lasts the whole season and we get promoted.

FFC1987

I would like to add that it might not even be Magath's fault if we don't go up. Its a real crap shot in that league!!!

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: westcliff white on July 04, 2014, 12:48:51 PM
Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on July 04, 2014, 12:45:52 PM

Probably knows someone In The Know
0001.jpeg

K33NY

I find it strange though that from every club he has been in, there has been massive critique on magath from players, backstaff or even the board or owners..... now its starting here as well and not many takes this into consideration and instead gives Kvist critic instead, what if he is right and Magath do run this club into the gutter of Championship as well?

Many here said before end of last season that what is Magath's plan on the game the team looks weird or why did he start? why not him? etc, Kvist tells about something happening from the inside and now hes the bad guy.

I dont mean to be an ahole here now, but I wonder what you guys will say IF Magath do run us further down into the gutter.
I want to believe in Magath as well, I hope he does well with us but when he came he said "I want to have controll on the sideline, and I will be active on the sideline" Not ONCE have I seen him on the sideline giving orders to the players, but instead sits in hes chair for 90 minutes laughing with hes assistant.

I hope I get proven wrong on all this and that it will be a new start with positive outcomes, winning matches.

Big Martin Jol

I think there's probably a strong element of truth to all this, but you know what? I don't care. What our players needed when Felix came in was a terrific kick up the bum and they got it. Ultimately it was too little too late, but there we go.

I'll reserve proper judgement on Felix's methods until he's had a proper run at the job, but we'd do well not to forget that he's won the Bundesliga three times in the last decade. How many other treble-winners of one of Europe's big three leagues would be willing to coach Fulham in the Championship? His record says a lot.
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

Baszab

Well said BMJ - much as I found Magath's tactics and attitude to the players a bit weird - and there was a lot of private moaning about him last year - he's proven to be a damn good manager in Germany and the best we could hope for (at the moment !)