watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

William Kvist on Felix Magath

Started by Yarden, July 04, 2014, 08:51:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zschwartz

he was mediocre here and irregularly error prone. a waste of time for both parties.  it is a strange situation but it will only get stranger as the team is deservedly dismantled.

RidgeRider

My only comment would be that we did see a significant drop off in the level of play the last 3 matches of the season. Some of our poorer performances of the season when we needed our best efforts. It was suggested by Magath it was stress on the players but it felt like some of the players had quit on the team. Perhaps what Kvist said is true, but airing it out in public is not what a professional does.

Frank

Quote from: K33NY on July 04, 2014, 01:02:50 PM
I find it strange though that from every club he has been in, there has been massive critique on magath from players, backstaff or even the board or owners..... now its starting here as well and not many takes this into consideration and instead gives Kvist critic instead, what if he is right and Magath do run this club into the gutter of Championship as well?

Many here said before end of last season that what is Magath's plan on the game the team looks weird or why did he start? why not him? etc, Kvist tells about something happening from the inside and now hes the bad guy.

I dont mean to be an ahole here now, but I wonder what you guys will say IF Magath do run us further down into the gutter.
I want to believe in Magath as well, I hope he does well with us but when he came he said "I want to have controll on the sideline, and I will be active on the sideline" Not ONCE have I seen him on the sideline giving orders to the players, but instead sits in hes chair for 90 minutes laughing with hes assistant.

I hope I get proven wrong on all this and that it will be a new start with positive outcomes, winning matches.
You should look up where his former clubs are now. Last season Schalke finished 3rd and Wolfsburg 5th. He didn't run them down into the gutter.
It is very easy: if you don't like hard work you don't like Felix.

blingo

William who???? Jee give the man credit 3 bundeliga titles two cups, and what exactly is it the Kvist has won?? Sour grapes from an average player. Get your money on Germany to win the World Cup and Fulham to go up as Champions at 10/1 with a saviour at 3/1 to go up anyway. Maggie will provide the results. He is too good not to.
Blin....all the way.....go.

St Eve

Probably a lot of truth in this. Have any of our current or former players come out and said what a great coach he is, a great man manger and a fantastic tactician?

Pluto

It's not that Magath's too hard on the players and giving them a kick up the backside that worries me. It's more the quotes on not training tactics and not having any kind of plan for games. We've seen that first hand while he's been charge and it was only getting worse towards the end of the season.

I think you guys need to wake up a bit to be honest. How many senior players have come out and said how disillusioned they were now? Players widely regarded as consummate professionals have gone completely against character in speaking out against this guy, such is the ill feeling towards him. Add to that a reputation of upsetting players and the fact no player has come out and said anything even remotely in support of Magath and I have no reason to doubt any of Kvist's claims.

YankeeJim

I saw some quotes attributed to Parker saying good things. Perhaps Felix got ob some of the lazy, non producers and they took umbrage at it. Time will tell.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

blingo

Do you know Kvist personally Pluto? Can you vouch for him 100%?

MasterHaynes

I'm sure i read an interview with Parker where he said he had a long chat with Felix and said he had very strong ideas and views and looked forward to this season, which indicates the semblance of some sort of tactical game plan. Whether its the right one we will see in our final proper game before the season starts against Crawley in 2 weeks.

RaySmith

Why/How would a manager who has achieved so much in the game, an ex-top player, come  to a foreign league, where he is presumably very  keen to do well, and display complete cluelessness in tactics, and man management, and act as if  he couldn't give a monkey's?

Oakeshott

Quote from: RaySmith on July 04, 2014, 08:44:01 PM
Why/How would a manager who has achieved so much in the game, an ex-top player, come  to a foreign league, where he is presumably very  keen to do well, and display complete cluelessness in tactics, and man management, and act as if  he couldn't give a monkey's?

Well Martin Jol fits that bill. Let's hope Felix proves to be more successful.

bobby01

Quote from: Oakeshott on July 04, 2014, 09:10:41 PM
Quote from: RaySmith on July 04, 2014, 08:44:01 PM

Well Martin Jol fits that bill. Let's hope Felix proves to be more successful.

:drums:
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Twig

Quote from: blingo on July 04, 2014, 08:18:20 PM
Do you know Kvist personally Pluto? Can you vouch for him 100%?

No, he's s speculating like the rest of us but I have to admit that in my darker moments I share some of his concerns,

Forever Fulham

I fall in Pluto's and Nutflush's camp on this one.  Maybe it is a bit of sour grapes.  Maybe, though, it's a bit of honesty from a frustrated player who now can't be harmed by him. 

Roberty

Maybe Felix works on a "need to know" basis.
If Kvist was not in his inner circle of players - he did not need to be told.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

blingo

How many will admit they are wrong when Maggie produces a very good team?

Roberty

Quote from: blingo on July 05, 2014, 09:06:54 AM
How many will admit they are wrong when Maggie produces a very good team?

He has jumped the first hurdle - he will not be playing the old team.
So maybe that could be seen as a good start
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

leonffc

Lots of interesting opinions there both positive and negative on Felix. Who knows what goes on behind the closed doors at Motspur park? I don't and we all speculate like we do but the bottom line is; Dan Burn. left footed centre back. played at right back

And regarding his man management, Kvist may be bitter but I spoke to an ex player that loves the club and he said that Felix is twice the idiot than Jol was. I'm worried but I hope I'm wrong.

RidgeRider

Quote from: leonffc on July 05, 2014, 07:04:01 PM
........but I spoke to an ex player that loves the club and he said that Felix is twice the idiot than Jol was. I'm worried but I hope I'm wrong.

Thanks Leon, that's lovely....now I am worried too. It has me thinking that maybe the style that won him titles in the Bundesliga, may not translate well England.

ffcbulgaria

so was it Brede :P did you ask him why he was poo all through the last season? ;)