https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Monday Fulham Stuff (14/06/10)...

Started by WhiteJC, June 14, 2010, 07:01:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

http://www.thefootballnetwork.net/main/s622/st159414.htm
McLeish wants Paul Konchesky

Alex McLeish will carry on with his decision to try and sign Paul Konchesky from Fulham. McLeish obviously feels he needs another left back on top of Ridgewell who has also just signed a new contract.
Ridgewell played extremely well in the left-back position last season but he has made clear that he would like to play in his favoured position, centre half, next season.

Fulham have tried to sort out a new deal with Konchesky as his current contract has just entered its last year but it is understood that Konchesky has told Fulham he won't be re-signing. Blues have already made an offer of £1.5 million that was rejected.

McLeish has flown out to South Africa to take in some World Cup games and scout for potential new recruits.

WhiteJC

http://www.skysports.com/football/world-cup-2010/story/0,27032,17253_6204625,00.html
Skipper lauds Roo restriction
Bocanegra praises team-mates for nullifying Three Lions' attack

Carlos Bocanegra hailed the United States' defence for keeping Wayne Rooney at bay in the 1-1 draw with England on Saturday.

Rooney was limited to a couple of chances in the 90 minutes of the World Cup Group C opener in Rustenburg as the USA concentrated on denying the Three Lions striker space and the chance to run with the ball.

The Manchester United marksman rarely stole a march on centre-back pairing Oguchi Onyewu - playing his first competitive match for eight months after injury - and Jay DeMerit and USA's captain Bocanegra praised his defensive team-mates for limiting the threat of England's star man.

Strong presence

"Oguchi had a great game and was a strong presence in the middle for us," said the former Fulham full-back, who now plays for Rennes.

"I thought he and Jay had fantastic games and shut down Wayne Rooney most of the time.

"Jay did well to follow him into the midfield and we also had pressure applied by the midfielders coming back to close him down.

"The second half was a little bit more open and he got a few more chances to run at us.

"That's going to happen when we're a bit tired and space gets more open. But I thought overall we did well on Rooney."

DeMerit, who has just parted company with Watford, said: "Going into the game, if you let a player of Rooney's calibre turn and run at you, you are going to have a long day.

"We knew negating as much space as we could in front of him, so he couldn't do that, would give us the best chance."

Gritty
Bocanegra was full of praise for his side's all-round performance even though it needed a mistake by England goalkeeper Robert Green to gift USA an equaliser.

He added: "It was a gritty team effort. That's how we play. We play scrappy, we play hard, we fight for 90 minutes in a big group effort.

"Our centre-halves were fantastic and Steve (Cherundolo) on the right did very well to shut down their speedy wingers.

"The forwards did well, the midfielders came in tight and ran over to cover for us. It was a really big team effort. That's something you need against a big team like England."

WhiteJC

http://betting.betfair.com/football/premiership/premier-league-betting-the-most-important-business-wenger-130610.html
Premier League Betting: The most important business Wenger might do all summer

After Mark Schwarzer played his 63rd match in the last year on Sunday night against Germany, Ralph Ellis tells us why the Fulham keeper could end up being Arsenal's most important signing of the summer...

"So in my view the most important bit of transfer speculation going around Arsene Wenger this summer isn´t whether he can stop Barcelona taking Cesc Fabregas away – the answer is almost certainly not – but whether he can persuade Fulham to let Mark Schwarzer move across town."

Brian Clough used to say that a top goalkeeper was worth 15 points a season. In his case he proved it by paying a record fee for Peter Shilton and winning the European Cup twice. There´s another old saying that strikers win games while defenders - and that includes the man with the gloves behind them - win titles.

If you had any doubts about the wisdom of both of those sayings they should have been dispelled a couple of minutes before half time on Saturday night when Robert Green´s aberration turned the start of England´s World Cup campaign from decent to dodgy. It was an accident that had been waiting to happen for eight years - ever since David Seaman hung up his international gloves.

At the time Arsenal´s goalkeeper was waved good riddance for letting Ronaldinho´s 35-yard free kick sail over his head to bring the last World Cup campaign to an end. I can remember writing a column that suggested we might actually come to wish we had him back again, and take little pleasue in being proved right. Green´s horror show was the latest in a catalogue of comi-tragic cock-ups following Paul Robinson´s air-kick and Scott Carson´s fumbling against Croatia in the failed Euro 2008 qualifying contest.

But pause here because the point of this isn´t about England. Plenty of people will have their say on who should keep goal next for Fabio Capello´s side against Algeria. No, while the international team missed having Seaman behind them, he was an even bigger loss for Arsenal. Jens Lehmann was an erratic replacement, and neither Manuel Almunia or Lukasz Fabianski has provided a better answer since. Come the big game, the day when it matters, both have managed to come up with the equally big mistake.

So in my view the most important bit of transfer speculation going around Arsene Wenger this summer isn´t whether he can stop Barcelona taking Cesc Fabregas away - the answer is almost certainly not - but whether he can persuade Fulham to let Mark Schwarzer move across town. The 37-year-old Australian is exactly the figure of authority that Arsenal have been missing behind their defence. He´s calm, experienced, still as fit as a fiddle, and totally reliable - last night´s World Cup clash with Germany was the 63rd match he´s played in the last year.

Wenger´s transfer market dealings are constantly questioned by Arsenal fans, but this summer he appears ahead of the game. Favourite to land Joe Cole, the best free transfer target available, if he can also bring in Schwarzer for next to nothing he will have taken his squad big steps forward. This is, don´t forget, a side that only dropped out of the title running in the last few weeks of last season and that was because of a goalkeeping error. It makes them interesting value at [8.6], regardless of whether or not Fabregas stays.

Wenger´s captain, incidentally, is [1.4] in the specials market to move on. I´ve been on holiday in Spain last week, and it´s pretty clear that he will be returning to his home country. He scored a brilliant goal within minutes of coming on as a substitute in Spain´s 6-0 win over Poland, their last friendly before leaving for South Africa, and was being hailed the following morning as belonging to Barca by Marca, the Spanish newspaper which is the Nou Camp´s mouthpiece. It´s clear he wants to go, and the more impact he has for his country the more Barcelona will be backed into a corner to pay whatever price they have to.

Remarkably Betfair´s punters consider Fabregas more likely to move on than James Milner, even though Villa´s midfielder had such a bad start to his World Cup. Picking up a yellow card and then getting hooked by Capello after barely half an hour would hardly have encouraged Manchester City´s mega rich owners to find the 30million pounds that Villa are demanding.

City are also being linked with Barcelona´s raiding right back Dani Alves, and just about any other top player who might be on the market. It´s why they are as short as [7.8] to win the title, but don´t get sucked into all the hype. City discovered last year that it takes more than money to bring in the brightest world stars and unless my memory fails me, they still can´t offer Champions League football.

WhiteJC

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1286340/Nottingham-Forest-hunt-2-5m-rated-Aston-Villa-defender-Nicky-Shorey.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
Nottingham Forest hunt £2.5m-rated Aston Villa defender Nicky Shorey

Aston Villa full-back Nicky Shorey is a £2.5m target for Nottingham Forest.

Shorey, 28, made nine loan appearances for Forest last season - before ending the campaign on-loan at Fulham.

He had hoped to join Fulham, who are expected to sell Paul Konchesky to Birmingham, but they have also shown interest in free agent Fabio Aurelio.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1286340/Nottingham-Forest-hunt-2-5m-rated-Aston-Villa-defender-Nicky-Shorey.html?ito=feeds-newsxml#ixzz0qny5DhH4

WhiteJC

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2010/06/13/1974890/birmingham-city-to-step-up-pursuit-of-fulham-defender-paul
Birmingham City to step up pursuit of Fulham defender Paul Konchesky - report

Birmingham City boss Alex McLeish is ready to push through a move for Fulham defender Paul Konchesky according to the Birmingham Mail.

The Blues boss was linked with a move for the left back several weeks ago and had a £1.5 million bid rejected.

Fulham have reportedly been trying to tie down the 29-year-old with a new deal as he enters the last year of his current contract next season.

However, reports suggest that Konchesky has now told the club he doesn't want to re-sign and he could be open to a move to the Midlands.

Despite Liam Ridgewell already signing a new deal at Birmingham, boss McLeish wants to strengthen his squad further and build on an impressive season in the Premier League last term.

WhiteJC

http://www.breakingfootballnews.com/world-cup/germany-4-0-australia-socceroos-outplayed/3479
Germany 4-0 Australia: Socceroos Outplayed

Germany showed the way for the rest of the competing nations in the 2010 World Cup finals in South Africa by thrashing hapless Australia 4-0 in Durban. Germany boss Joachim Low was criticised back home for bringing a squad filled with young players and those whom he liked, instead of the best players based on form, but his team showed that they were fearless and attacked in a manner that brought back memories of their exciting run to the semi finals four years ago in 2006.

Australia were disappointing and their fates were sealed the moment the starting lineups were announced. Socceroos coach Pim Verbeek played without a recognised striker as the Dutchman continued to hide behind a conservative defensive formation when the Australians' best strengths lay in pressing forward and attacking in numbers.

Germany were forceful and irrepressible from the opening whistle and could have scored a hatful before Lukas Podolski – one of those criticised by German media to not deserve a place in the squad after a forgettable season with his club side FC Cologne in the Bundesliga last season – smashed home an intelligent cutback from Thomas Muller past the despairing dive of Australia goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer.

The Germans tore Australia apart at will with their expansive passing game, with Muller and Mesut Ozil particularly impressive with clever runs into space and passes that picked out other team mates in scoring positions.

The pressure was relentless despite the occasional Australian foray that took advantage of some slack German marking in defence and Miroslav Klose finally scored the second Germany goal that sealed the points for the Europeans even before half time. Klose had missed at least three clear cut chances before then but he got to a long punt first before Schwarzer to head the ball into an empty net, with the Fulham goalkeeper more than a little culpable.

Australia tried to get back into the game in the second half but their hopes were doused immediately after the sending off of Tim Cahill. The midfielder vented his frustrations with a late tackle on Bastian Schweinsteiger that left referee Julian Rodriguez Santiago with no option but to show him a straight red. The Everton star will now be out of the rest of the Socceroos' group games in what will be a huge blow to their hopes of qualifying for the last 16.

Muller scored Germany's third in the 68th minute and Joachim Low's side rounded off the scoring three minutes later with Cacau tapping into an empty net.

Germany are now clear favourites to go through from Group D after just one match if they can continue with their bright approach. The win over Australia put them above Ghana on goal difference with their next game against the Black Stars likely to decide which of the two sides will be first to reach the knockout stage.

Australia now have an uphill task to qualify after losing and conceding four goals. They will have to beat Serbia and then a crunch game against Ghana to avoid a repeat of four years ago when they went out after losing to both Italy and Holland, albeit playing much better under former coach Guus Hiddink.

WhiteJC

http://www.cottagersconfidential.com/2010/6/13/1515759/mohamed-al-fayed-confident-roy?
Mohamed Al Fayed Confident Roy Hodgson Will Resist A Move To Liverpool

The stories regarding Roy Hodgson and a link to Liverpool continue to come out. Now, there is a quote from Fulham owner Mohamed Al Fayed. According to the Daily Mirror, Fulham's owner is feeling good that he will resist a move from Liverpool. Below is a quote from the Daily Mirror from Al Fayed.

The quote below by Al Fayed from the Daily Mirror does not talk specifically about Liverpool. It does however discuss he expects other teams to approach his manager.

Al Fayed said: "I don't think he'll leave me. I'm sure he'll have lots of approaches from other clubs, but I give him anything he wants to reach results and we have a very good relationship."

As mentioned prior, I think this Roy Hodgson story regarding links to Liverpool is going to heat up very soon. Only time will tell where this story goes next. I will stay on top of this and try to give you the most up to date information possible.

WhiteJC

http://www.tribalfootball.com/some-liverpool-chiefs-against-moving-fulham-boss-hodgson-904461?
Some Liverpool chiefs against moving for Fulham boss Hodgson

Some Liverpool chiefs have concerns over appointing Fulham boss Roy Hodgson as new manager.

The Mail on Sunday says Liverpool plan talks with 62-year-old Hodgson in the next 48 hours.

Many fans want to see Dalglish in charge and past players have been queuing up to support his claims, to the irritation of some powerbrokers at the club.

Some at Anfield prefer Hodgson to Dalglish, seeing him as the safe pair of hands needed to bring stability after a turbulent year. But others are concerned that Hodgson's only experience at such a big club came more than a decade ago with Inter Milan.

WhiteJC

http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=201589
Fulham - Hodgson News Update!
All the hot air relating to Liverpool making an approach for Roy Hodgson seemed to take a dip yesterday.

For the first time in days there was hardly a snippet of speculation in the tabloids, today though it`s a different story.

But much of it is positive.

First up is our owner Mr Al Fayed, who reckons Roy`s going nowhere when he`s quoted as having remarked,

"I don`t think he`ll leave me."

"I`m sure he`ll have lots of approaches from other clubs, but I give him anything he wants to reach results and we have a very good relationship."

Followed by some interesting quotes from a club source who had this to say,

"Roy`s his own man and if an approach was forthcoming I`m sure he will sit down and evaluate the situation. He is very private and keeps his own counsel, so you can never second guess what he`s going to do."

"However, the indications are that it would take something extraordinary to convince him to leave Fulham and I`m not sure given all the documented financial problems at Liverpool he`d see that as an ideal move."

"Roy has an incredibly good relationship with the wonder as well."

"Given that he is pressing ahead with new player recruitment for the new season, I`m not sure that is an indication he is planning to leave."

I reckon its 65:35 in favour of Roy staying at the moment, don`t you?

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=201589#ixzz0qo5265Gn

WhiteJC

http://www.clubcall.com/fulham/hodgson-tipped-stay-1069388.html?
Hodgson tipped to stay

Fulham owner Mohamed Al Fayed is confident Roy Hodgson will stay at the club despite speculation linking him with Liverpool.

The Reds are on the lookout for a new manager aftr Rafael Benitez's departure from Anfield and Hodgson is widely believed to be high on their wanted list.

The 62-year-old's stock has risen sharply after leading the Cottagers into Europe and more recently the final of the Europa League last season.

However, Al Fayed, who appointed him in December 2007, sees no reason why he would want to move on from Craven Cottage.

Quoted in the Sunday Mirror, Al Fayed said: "I don't think he'll leave me.

"I'm sure he'll have lots of approaches from other clubs, but I give him anything he wants to reach results and we have a very good relationship."

WhiteJC

BBC Sport - Football - World Cup 2010: Nigeria's Etuhu rues poor preparation
World Cup 2010: Nigeria's Etuhu rues poor preparation

Nigeria midfielder Dickson Etuhu has revealed his frustration at a lack of high-altitude training prior to their 1-0 defeat by Argentina on Saturday.

"You could tell [Argentina] were used to it because they'd been there for quite a while," he told BBC World Service's Sportsworld programme.

"You take five or six steps, you feel like you've just done a whole lap."

He also described the controversial ball as "the worst ball ever", saying that it was "horrible" to play with.

The Super Eagles lost out to an impressive headed goal from un-marked Gabriel Heinze in the sixth minute of the game.

However, Nigeria managed to keep Argentina from adding to their lead for the entire game, despite having their goal peppered throughout much of the match.

Etuhu says the high-altitude conditions made the hard task of containing Argentina all the more difficult.

In the run-up to the first game the Nigerians had been training in Durban - which is not a high-altitude venue - before travelling to Johannesburg on Friday, giving the squad only one day to acclimatise to the conditions.

"It's the worst feeling ever," he said. "It goes straight to your head.

"So you have to battle with that, and at the same time deal with players like Messi. It's not easy."

For the first time in a long time you could see that we had some sort of coaching
Dickson Etuhu

He said keeping players like Messi under control is impossible given the depth of Argentina's squad.

"The problem is it's not just him - you've got Tevez, you've got Higuain, you've got Veron.

"There's so many of them so you can't really pick anyone up, you have to just mark the spaces.

"I had to watch the game pass by me and just cover holes rather than having a player that I was playing against."

As well as battling with the high-altitude and the high Argentine ability, Etuhu says the match ball - which has come under heavy criticism since being unveiled by Adidas - makes things even more difficult.

WORLD CUP HAVE YOUR SAY
Argentina showed they were better, but they looked poor in defence and Nigeria should have punished them. A better team would have put their chances away despite Argentina's dominance up front
Timspurs

"When the keeper kicks the ball out, you can't head it. If the balls in the air you just don't know where it's going to go. It comes towards you and then just moves to the left or to the right."

Heading into their next game in Group B against Greece, Etuhu praised the influence of coach Lars Lagerback, who took over the Super Eagles in February.

"Usually when I play for my country it's not as organised as it was yesterday (Saturday).

"We didn't go out there to just play we actually had a game plan and we stuck together. For the first time in a long time you could see that we had some sort of coaching."

And he says the loss will have no impact on their game plan for the group stage.

"Nobody expected us to beat Argentina. Nothing's changed. We just have to prepare ourselves right and go and play with the same heart and desire."

WhiteJC

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/fulham/blues-to-bid-again-for-konchesky-1069521.html?
Blues to bid again for Konchesky

Birmingham City are planning a fresh bid for Fulham full-back Paul Konchesky despite Liam Ridgewell's decision to sign a new contract.

Blues boss Alex McLeish wants to have competitions all over the pitch and sees Konchesky as the ideal man to challenge Ridgewell, who kept Gregory Vignal and Franck Queudrue out of the side last season, to secure another three years at St Andrews.

Ridgewell has also expressed a desire to play at centre-back as he considers that his best position although he faces a fight to dislodge Scott Dann and Roger Johnson after they formed an impressive partnership on City's return to the Premier League.

Fulham are keen to extend Konchesky's contract but the left-back appears reluctant to do so, and is about to enter the last year of his current agreement.

City have already had one offer rejected believed to be around the £1.5m mark but after McLeish's decision to release Vignal and Queudrue as well as youngsters Jared Wilson and Shaun Timmins, a new bid is now thought to be imminent.

WhiteJC

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/liverpool/official-bid-expected-for-hodgson-1069524.html?
Official bid expected for Hodgson

Fulham boss Roy Hodgson is again making the headlines with reports emerging he is set for talks with Liverpool in the next 48 hours.

The Mail claim Hodgson is anxious for an end to the speculation before he heads off to the World Cup on Wednesday to act as a pundit for the BBC.

Many Reds fans are campaigning for former favourite Kenny Dalglish to land the job but insiders at Anfield are thought to be reluctant to appoint him again.

The Daily Mirror goes one step further as they suggest an official approach will be made shortly for Hodgson's services and their article even includes quotes from Fulham owner Mohamed Al Fayed who seems confident of keeping his man.

Al Fayed said: "I don't think he'll leave me. I'm sure he'll have lots of approaches from other clubs, but I give him anything he wants to reach results and we have a very good relationship."

WhiteJC

http://cravencottagenewsround.wordpress.com/2010/06/13/on-it-goes/?
On it goes
Filed under: General — weltmeisterclaude @ 6:52 pm
Roy's boys are on fire.   Johnny P had a goodun today as Ghana destroyed a good Serbia side.   Those of us with a fiver on the black stars to win the whole thing are wriging our hands in anticipation of a big payday.

WhiteJC

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2010/06/13/1974728/fulham-to-offer-roy-hodgson-bonus-to-stay-at-craven-cottage?
Fulham to offer Roy Hodgson bonus to stay at Craven Cottage - report

Fulham are set to offer manager Roy Hodgson a £2 million bonus as the club try to keep the 62-year-old at Craven Cottage according to reports.

Hodgson is thought to be a target for Liverpool following the departure of former manager Rafa Benitez last week.

However, the Cottagers are hoping to hold onto their manager after an impressive season that saw the club reach the final of the Europa League.

Hodgson has turned the club around since taking over in 2007, steering them clear of relegation and since leading them into Europe.

The experienced former Inter boss has emerged as a favorite for the Liverpool job and some reports suggest talks between the two parties are set to begin within the next 48 hours.

Fulham owner Mohamed Al Fayed recently sold his department store Harrords for an estimated £1.5 billion and it is thought he could use some of the funds to pay for Hodgson's bonus.

WhiteJC

http://mikewhalley.wordpress.com/2010/06/13/srb-0-gha-1-thats-not-my-name/?
SRB 0 GHA 1: That's not my name
GOOD news for all you John Pantsil fans. His name has just acquired yet another spelling.

He already had two. The Fulham and Ghana full-back's family name is Paintsil, but was mistakenly registered as Pantsil when he was born.

Pantsil is the name on his passport, so that was how the Premier League had to register him when he arrived at West Ham from Hapoel Tel Aviv in August 2006, and that is the name he wears on the back of his shirt when he plays for Fulham.

But still confusing reigns? Should we call him Paintsil or Pantsil? The person responsible for Ghana's shirts has come up with a compromise by calling him neither. And so the defender went into his country's game against Serbia in Pretoria with 'Panstil' on the back of his shirt.

There are two possible explanations for this: 1) It was a cock-up. 2) Pantsil is a big fan of Fawlty Towers, and has asked for the letters in his name to be rearranged on his shirt for each match, as a nod to the classic hotel-based BBC sitcom's opening credits:

If Ghana progress in the tournament, expect to see Pilstan, Plastin, Stilpan, Palnits and Tanlips. And maybe even Flowery Twats if they get to the final.

There was just about enough action in the second half of this game to save it from the World Cup Gubbometer.

Serbia (which is an anagram of 'rabies') looked useful in their build-up play, without threatening the goal of Ghana. (Can't think of an anagram for them. Ahang? Hagna? No, they're not even words. Sorry.)

But Ghana had the better of the game even before Serbia defender Aleksandar Lukovic (don't even ask for an anagram there) was sent off for holding back Asamoah Gyan on the halfway line with 16 minutes left.

Gyan had already headed against the post by that point, although Serbia rallied briefly after the sending off, with Ghana keeper Richard Kingson making a decent stop from Milos Krasic.

Then came the contender for silliest penalty ever conceded at a World Cup finals match, as Zdravko Kuzmanovic (surely an anagram in its own right) waved his arm about as if hailing a taxi and handled a cross, then had the cheek to protest when a penalty was awarded.

Gyan's penalty was straight out of the 'shut your eyes and blast it' school, but it did the job. Panstil and Co were delihgted.

WhiteJC

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport-news/liverpool-fc/2010/06/13/mohamed-al-fayed-not-expecting-roy-hodgson-to-leave-fulham-55578-26645532/?
Mohamed Al Fayed not expecting Roy Hodgson to leave Fulham

FULHAM owner Mohamed Al Fayed remains confident Liverpool target Roy Hodgson will still be at the club  next season.

Hodgson's star has risen dramatically over the last couple of years, first by keeping Fulham in  the Premier League and then steering the Cottagers into Europe and, last term, into the Europa  League final.

Reports suggest the Merseysiders could step up their search for Rafael Benitez's successor  by opening talks with the 62-year-old before he heads out to South Africa for a stint as a World  Cup pundit.

But Al Fayed, who appointed Hodgson in December 2007, believes Hodgson has no reason  to leave the west London club.
Al Fayed said: "I don't think he'll leave me.

"I'm sure he'll have lots of approaches from other clubs, but I give him anything he wants to  reach results and we have a very good relationship."

WhiteJC

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2010/06/13/1974890/birmingham-city-to-step-up-pursuit-of-fulham-defender-paul?
Birmingham City to step up pursuit of Fulham defender Paul Konchesky - report

Birmingham City boss Alex McLeish is ready to push through a move for Fulham defender Paul Konchesky according to the Birmingham Mail.

The Blues boss was linked with a move for the left back several weeks ago and had a £1.5 million bid rejected.

Fulham have reportedly been trying to tie down the 29-year-old with a new deal as he enters the last year of his current contract next season.

However, reports suggest that Konchesky has now told the club he doesn't want to re-sign and he could be open to a move to the Midlands.

Despite Liam Ridgewell already signing a new deal at Birmingham, boss McLeish wants to strengthen his squad further and build on an impressive season in the Premier League last term.

WhiteJC

http://www.cottagersconfidential.com/2010/6/13/1515789/cottagers-daily-rumor-mill-are?
Cottagers Daily Rumor Mill: Are Celtic Considering A Move For Fulham's Bobby Zamora?

The Rumor Mill is continuing to find stories with links to Fulham players. Today is no exception. I found a story that involves one of Fulham's best players. According to People.co.uk  ,Celtic might have interest in Bobby Zamora. This is the third team I have recently seen to possibly have interest in Zamora. Previously, I have written about stories that had Birmingham City and Aston Villa possibly pursuing Zamora.

This story in People.co.uk states that Celtic could try to sign Bobby Zamora if Roy Hodgson is no longer the manager of Fulham. This story mentions that if Hodgson stays it is unlikely he would leave the Cottagers. 

According to this article, Celtic thought of a move for Bobby Zamora in 2007. At the time the Celtic manager was Gordon Strachan. Bobby Zamora was at West Ham at that time. 

It is interesting to see some connections to players between Celtic and Fulham lately. Celtic recently have been trying to sign former Fulham player Jimmy Bullard. Current Fulham player Diomansy Kamara played for Celtic on loan starting this January. He is rumored to have interest from PSG. Joe Ledley has been rumored with links to both Celtic and Fulham.

I think that links to Bobby Zamora could continue throughout the summer. It shouldn't surprise anyone that Celtic, Birmingham City, and Aston Villa might want to make a bid for his services. I am hoping that Fulham hold their ground and keep Zamora at Craven Cottage. 

WhiteJC

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2010/06/14/mohamed-al-fayed-is-confident-that-roy-hodgson-will-not-leave-fulham-for-liverpool-fc-100252-26645499/?
Mohamed Al Fayed is confident that Roy Hodgson will not leave Fulham for Liverpool FC

FULHAM owner Mohamed Al Fayed remains confident Roy Hodgson will still be at the club next season.

Hodgson's star has risen dramatically over the last couple of years, first by keeping Fulham in the Premier League and then steering the Cottagers into Europe and into the Europa League final.

And he has been strongly linked with the vacant manager's role at Liverpool.

Reports suggest the Merseysiders could step up their search for Rafael Benitez's successor by opening talks with the 62-year-old before he heads out to South Africa for a stint as a World Cup pundit.

But Al Fayed, who appointed Hodgson in December 2007, said: "I don't think he'll leave me.

"I'm sure he'll have lots of approaches from other clubs, but I give him anything he wants to reach results and we have a very good relationship."