more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Monday Fulham Stuff (14/06/10)...

Started by WhiteJC, June 14, 2010, 07:01:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

os5889

Quote from: WhiteJC on June 14, 2010, 07:32:40 AM
http://www.cottagersconfidential.com/2010/6/13/1515759/mohamed-al-fayed-confident-roy?
Mohamed Al Fayed Confident Roy Hodgson Will Resist A Move To Liverpool

The stories regarding Roy Hodgson and a link to Liverpool continue to come out. Now, there is a quote from Fulham owner Mohamed Al Fayed. According to the Daily Mirror, Fulham's owner is feeling good that he will resist a move from Liverpool. Below is a quote from the Daily Mirror from Al Fayed.

The quote below by Al Fayed from the Daily Mirror does not talk specifically about Liverpool. It does however discuss he expects other teams to approach his manager.

Al Fayed said: "I don't think he'll leave me. I'm sure he'll have lots of approaches from other clubs, but I give him anything he wants to reach results and we have a very good relationship."

As mentioned prior, I think this Roy Hodgson story regarding links to Liverpool is going to heat up very soon. Only time will tell where this story goes next. I will stay on top of this and try to give you the most up to date information possible.

Not that I have anything against Cottagers Confidential but many of his pieces are over opinionated recycled blurb and for whoever cares information this particular quote came from the Europa League Final Pre match interview 12th May...

If I start a blog can I go in Fulham stuff???

Sorry I just dont feel this deserves to be here!

WhiteJC

http://arsenal-mania.com/articles/3108694/Mark-Schwarzer-would-be-a-fantastic-purchase.html?
Mark Schwarzer would be a fantastic purchase

Arsène doesn't often buy out of Fergie's play-book. The two great managers in English football differ fundamentally in their attitude to experienced players. For Fergie there's a clear belief that experience is something you need – the weight of time, history and medals to help steer teams to trophies. For Arsène it's clear that he thinks experience is something to get as fast as possible through games played – and that a 23 year old as a result can be a veteran!

But our pursuit of Mark Schwarzer, confirmed in Peter Hill-Wood's comments on our failed initial bid for him, is a mimic of Fergie's signing of Edwin Van Der Sar. And I for one think it's a fantastic idea!

Schwarzer's had an amazing season. In a Fulham team that's performed beyond any reasonable expectation, he's been a calm, strong presence. He's commanding, he's a great shot-stopper, and he communicates with his defence. And most importantly, he would come with a clear time-cap – a 2-3 season window over which he could shore up a part of our team where we're hugely vulnerable.

It would be a big change from our general approach, and a definite response to Sol's success this season.

But it would be a signal that our problems can be fixed in a practical way – and that's what Arsenal needs, is solutions to our team's issues that aren't too speculative. That just give us solidity where we're weak and allow the dreamy football to work around them.

So if Fulham can be persuaded to sell, and if the player wants to come to us, then it's a real opportunity for us to bring experience in, to benefit from it and to give us an easy way to concede less goals in the next season.

WhiteJC

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/June/WorldCupRound-Up1stweekend.aspx?
World Cup Round-Up

It was a weekend of mixed fortunes for Fulham's contingent of World Cup stars. Clint Dempsey scored a vital equaliser in Rustenburg as the United States held Fabio Capello's England side to a one-all draw. Robert Green failed to deal with the Fulham attacker's speculative effort from 25 yards, allowing the ball to trickle over the line.

"These balls move so much if you just hit them on goal you'll have a chance," Dempsey said after the game. "It's one of those goals you always say 'Why can't I get one like that?' and I'm happy to have scored in both World Cups I've participated in.

"I thought we responded well. I thought we were playing well, they were sitting back and we were creating chances. Second-half was frustrating because we didn't keep the ball enough, I think we need to manage the game a little bit better but to go one goal down to England and fight our way back into the game and end with the draw, we'll be happy with that.

"The first-half was good, and when we do keep the ball, we create chances. We just need to be confident and be calm on the ball, and we've shown that when we do that good things happen."

Kagisho Dikgacoi's South Africa made a solid start to their World Cup campaign, recording a one-all draw with Mexico. John Pantsil tasted victory as Ghana grabbed all three points against Serbia thanks to an 85th-minute penalty from Asamoah Gyan.

Unfortunately both Mark Schwarzer and Dickson Etuhu were on the losing side as Nigeria and Australia had tough opening games against Argentina and Germany respectively.  Gabriel Heinze's sixth minute header was enough to hand Argentina victory over Nigeria whilst Australia suffered a four-nil reverse at the hands of an impressive Germany side.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/June/WorldCupRound-Up1stweekend.aspx?#ixzz0qotuwm26

WhiteJC

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/football/Lampard-backing-for-Green-as.6360001.jp
Lampard backing for Green as Dempsey can't believe his luck

rank Lampard has backed Robert Green to bounce back from his error which cost England two points in their World Cup opener against the United States.

Fabio Capello's side had to settle for a 1-1 draw after Steven Gerrard's early goal was cancelled out by Clint Dempsey thanks to a glaring error by goalkeeper Green.

But Lampard has faith in the West Ham stopper to recover from his blunder five minutes before the interval.

The Chelsea midfielder said: "It was unfortunate. These balls are moving about. I don't know how much the ball moved.

"We were disappointed for Greeny because we are a team and we win, lose and draw as a team. It is unfortunate for keepers, They are the last line and, when they make a bit of a boob, it gets picked out.

"But no-one will be pointing the finger. He made a good save in the second half as well (from Jozy Altidore).

"I think he has got the character to bounce back. You are playing in the World Cup so you have to have character because it doesn't always go your way.

"Greeny will have that. I hope so. He is a very good professional. He will work hard and keep going."

Lampard admits England have to improve on their performance against the Americans and win their next two games to ensure qualification for the last 16.

Now they need to overcome Algeria and Slovenia to give themselves a realistic chance of topping Group C.

The 31-year-old said: "Maybe the point will be important but we have to go and win the next two games now.

"All the teams I have seen so far in the World Cup will look to improve and we are the same as everybody else in that way.

"It was frustrating not to get the win. It wasn't a bad performance but we will want to – and we will need to improve.

"We possibly should have won the game. It was disappointing. We created enough chances. We were pretty comfortable until they equalised.

"In the second half we had a couple of chances so it was a bit frustrating not to get a win which would have put us in the driving seat in the group.

"Steven scored early and after that we felt in control of the game. They never really threatened too much in our box.

"It was a bit of a freak goal for them and that gave them a lift going into half-time."

Dempsey admitted he could not believe his good fortune as he saw the ball bounce in off the hapless Green.

The Fulham striker said: "When I hit the shot I knew it was going on target and at the last second it moved a little bit. I saw Green reaching for it but then I saw it go over the line. I was hoping the referee saw it too. Thankfully he did.

"It is one of those goals everyone else seems to get. You watch them and think 'Why can I never get a goal like that'. Now I have.

"In the second half we didn't do a good job keeping possession. They had some good opportunities and Tim Howard came up with some big saves.

"But we had two excellent chances as well so we were well worth the point."

England's list of blunderers

Paul Robinson

(Croatia 2 England 0, Euro 2008 qualifier, October, 2006)

A crucial fixture in Croatia and Robinson allows Gary Neville's backpass to roll over his foot and gives the home side a 2-0 lead. Replays showed the ball hit a divot.

David Seaman
(Brazil 2 England 1, World Cup, June, 2002)

The Arsenal goalkeeper allowed a long-range free-kick from Ronaldinho to beat him for a goal which ended England's hopes of winning the World Cup in Japan.

David James
(Austria 2 England 2, World Cup qualifier, September, 2004)

James, then at Manchester City, allowed a long-range shot by Andreas Ivanschitz to squirm underneath his body for the equaliser as England threw away a two-goal lead.

Scott Carson
(England 2 Croatia 3, Euro qualifier, November, 2007)

Scott Carson allows Croatia midfielder Niko Kranjcar's early shot to squirm into the net as Steve McClaren's side threw away their Euro 2008 qualification chances.

WhiteJC

http://cottagers.blogspot.com/2010/06/over-reaction.html?
Over-reaction?

Well it seems that it might not be too stupid a headline after all as it apparently references a famous American Football game between Harvard and Yale, which ended up as a 29-29 draw. But as Harvard (for whom a young Tommy Lee Jones was playing) scored an incredible 16 points in the last 42 seconds, it felt like a victory prompting the headline: 'Harvard Beats Yale 29-29'. The film dramatising this game was named after the headline.

However, let's not give the NYP too much credit as it is the US version of The Sun (only more right-wing of course) and it also references Bunker Hill as a 'tie' even though it was a British victory, albeit a Pyrrhic one. And this was against the English anyway.

And maybe it's not too tongue in cheek given the match report begins: "In true revolutionary style, the underdog Americans came from behind and blasted the powerful Brits to a nail-biting 1-1 draw yesterday in one of the all-time great World Cup soccer battles."

Still, both teams were pretty poor in a terribly boring match give the only talking points were Rob Green's horrific mistake and ITV cocking up again.

Tktd

Quote from: WhiteJC on June 14, 2010, 11:02:35 AM
http://cottagers.blogspot.com/2010/06/over-reaction.html?
Over-reaction?

Well it seems that it might not be too stupid a headline after all as it apparently references a famous American Football game between Harvard and Yale, which ended up as a 29-29 draw. But as Harvard (for whom a young Tommy Lee Jones was playing) scored an incredible 16 points in the last 42 seconds, it felt like a victory prompting the headline: 'Harvard Beats Yale 29-29'. The film dramatising this game was named after the headline.

However, let's not give the NYP too much credit as it is the US version of The Sun (only more right-wing of course) and it also references Bunker Hill as a 'tie' even though it was a British victory, albeit a Pyrrhic one. And this was against the English anyway.

And maybe it's not too tongue in cheek given the match report begins: "In true revolutionary style, the underdog Americans came from behind and blasted the powerful Brits to a nail-biting 1-1 draw yesterday in one of the all-time great World Cup soccer battles."

Still, both teams were pretty poor in a terribly boring match give the only talking points were Rob Green's horrific mistake and ITV cocking up again.

When articles like that come out I just look at the figures - the U.S.A population 300 million or more, England 50 million. I also then look at how it's becoming a much bigger sport for them and also their continents high latin american population and can't help but think they should and probably will be doing a lot better now and in the future.

WhiteJC

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/June/ProgrammeSurvey.aspx?
Programme Survey

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR MATCHDAY PROGRAMME?

Your views are important to us in everything we do, and your feedback is vital to ensure that we are giving you what you want. As such, we need your views on the official matchday programme: What's good? What's bad? What do you feel we could do better? And what do you think is missing?

We want to offer you the best possible read on a matchday and, by contributing your thoughts, you can play an active role in shaping next season's programme.

Take the survey

What's more, on completion of this questionnaire, you'll be entered into a fantastic prize draw to win four exclusive Directors' Area seats for Fulham's home friendly against German giants Werder Bremen on Saturday August 7th 2010.

So here's your chance to help put your matchday programme at the top of the league and to win yourself an experience to remember.

*Draw will be made on Friday July 2nd. The winner will be announced online and the winners notified.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/June/ProgrammeSurvey.aspx?#ixzz0qpGyvAZV

WhiteJC

http://www.surreycomet.co.uk/sport/8217762.Sutton_s_Gargan_targets_pro_return/
Sutton's Gargan targets pro return

Sutton United striker Sam Gargan has targeted a return to the professional ranks this summer although he admits a trial with League Two Port Vale is far from certain.

The 21-year-old dropped into non-League football last summer having been released by Brighton & Hove Albion and had hoped a successful season at Gander Green Lane might attract some interest from the Football League.

The former Seagulls trainee bagged 17 goals for United last season as they reached the FA Cup first round and finished second in the Ryman League Premier Division.

Gargan is expected to head to Vale Park this summer in the hopes of impressing new Valiants boss Micky Adams - his former manager at the Withdean Stadium.

He went AWOL at the end of the season leaving boss Paul Doswell to believe he had seen the last of him, before talks last week that have seen the door to a Gander Green Lane return left open.

But Gargan, who missed the end of season run-in because of a back problem, is hoping he can make the best of a second chance at life as a pro should it come his way.

"I had an alright season. There were patches of good stuff from me, but the team had a good season in general and we deserved to finish second," he said.

"My goal really was to play well and try to get a move back into the pro game. I had a few injury problems and I'd like to think I'd have scored more goals.

"The thing with Port Vale hasn't been confirmed - it seems to be a bit of talk at the moment - but it will be nice to get a second chance.

"I want to play at a higher level and I like the prospect of getting back into full-time football."

Doswell has brought in more fire power up front this summer in the form of Richard Jolly and Craig Dundas, but insists there is room to accommodate Gargan should things not work out for him.

And the Brighton-based youngster isn't averse to the idea of playing for United next season.

"There is still a chance I'll play for Sutton again. They are a good club. They look after their players and are very professional," he added.

"It is a bit of a trek to come up from Brighton, but it isn't too bad.

"Paul knows a lot of people in the game and there are always scouts watching their games because of the success they have had in recent times.

"Stefan Payne did really well to get a move to Fulham and shows there is always a chance of getting picked up from somewhere like Sutton."

WhiteJC

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/June/KickzTeamWinsNikeTournament.aspx?
FFC Team Wins Nike Tournament

Nike recently held its first national tournament in partnership with the Football Foundation and its award winning programme Kickz. The tournament was the culmination of Kickz teams using the Powerleague pitches across the country once a month as a tournament night.

The national tournament took place in Manchester and included the teams from Fulham, Barnet, Crystal Palace, Tottenham Hotspur, Oldham Athletic, Newcastle United, Brentford, Queens Park Rangers, Arsenal, Manchester United, Birmingham, Wigan Athletic and Millwall.

The event was for young people aged 16 to 18 and was an all-day affair. The format of the day included a football tournament, a winner stays on competition, and a skills and drills practice. Fulham entered one team with boys coming from Lambeth, Merton and Hammersmith and Fulham.

Although the Fulham team performed well in the winner stays on and skills and drills competition, it was the final tournament where the boys excelled. The team remained unbeaten all the way to the final, where they ran out clear winners.

As a reward for winning the tournament, the team each received £250 worth of Nike goodies and Nike donated £1000 to a Kickz project of the Fulham FC Foundation's choice.

Speaking about the day and the team's success Social Inclusion Officer Jamie Morgan said:

"The tournament win at Nike is the culmination of months of hard work from the boys. At the outset we decided that the team would be made up of a mix of young people across Lambeth, Merton and Hammersmith and Fulham as we felt that not only is this the fairest way to choose but it would also breakdown any barriers between young people from different areas.

"There was great team spirit throughout the day and the win has now showed the boys that if they work hard and are dedicated they can achieve anything. It also demonstrates to all the young people we work with that anything is possible!"

Also commenting on their fantastic win, Merton Kickz player David Tshibango said:

"Kickz has given us the opportunity to play lots of tournaments and experience new things. We have learnt a lot from our coaches, not just about football but about life. The Nike cup win was great fun and we hope to be able to defend our title next year"

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/June/KickzTeamWinsNikeTournament.aspx?#ixzz0qq1FQT6T

WhiteJC

http://www.bettingpress.com/category/Football/Next-Liverpool-FC-manager--Roy-Hogson-to-be-new-Liverpool-FC-boss-201006140051/
Next Liverpool FC manager - Roy Hodgson to be new Liverpool FC boss?

Will Roy turn his back on Fulham?

The main talking point aside from the World Cup is, who will be the next manager of Liverpool FC?

The Anfield club announced this month that Rafael Benitez would be leaving and bookmakers initially made Reds legend Kenny Dalglish as the favourite to take over.

But as the days and hours have passed Fulham manager Roy Hodgson and Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill have now appeared as the bookies favourites, although Dalglish has since moved back into the favourites race.

Fulham are confident that they can keep hold of Hodgson, but will the lure of a 'big' club tempt the former Blackburn Rovers man to Merseyside.

Hodgson is the current favourite at 10/11, with O'Neill available at 15/2, while King Kenny can be backed as the second favourite at 11/5.

Next Liverpool FC manager odds at Victor Chandler

Roy Hodgson – 10/11
Kenny Dalglish – 11/5
Martin O'Neill – 15/2
Sven-Goran Eriksson – 14/1
Mark Hughes – 16/1
Harry Redknapp – 20/1
Jurgen Klinsmann – 20/1
John Toshack – 22/1
Frank Rijkaard – 25/1
Phil Thompson – 25/1
Billy Davies – 40/1
David Moyes – 50/1
Sammy Lee – 50/1
Roberto Martinez – 66/1
Others on request.

WhiteJC

http://www.prfire.co.uk/press-release/watch-world-cup-2010-with-strikers-fanfare-in-south-africa-15937.html
Watch World Cup 2010 With Strikers Fanfare In South Africa

Polokwane, South Africa. Sunday 13th strikers fanfare will stir up soccer spirit once again in the ongoing World cup tournament when groups C and D will take up their opponents with surprises.

Polokwane, South Africa. Sunday 13th strikers fanfare will stir up soccer spirit once again in the ongoing World cup tournament when groups C and D will take up their opponents with surprises.

The number of fans that is watching FIFA 2010 live with our online streaming software keeps increasing as soccer gets tougher by the day.

In group C, Algeria will be contending with Slovenia while in group D Serbia will be tackling Ghana in Pretoria. Germany will also challenge Australia in Durban.

Algeria being the only Arab nation in this game is appearing in the scene after twenty-four years and after managing to knock Germany out of the competition.

Ghana and Serbia kick off their World Cup campaigns with their Group D opener in Pretoria. Serbia will be attending the World cup as a single nation for the first time. Ghana team is led by Serbian boss Milovan Rajevic and he has condemned divided loyalties at this tournament.

Germany has an illustrious record in major competitions, having won three World Cups and three European championships. Germany along with veterans Philip Lahm and Per Mertesacker, coach Joachim Loew has six players from the team that won the European under-21 title last year.

Australia has one of the top goalkeepers in Mark Schwarzer of Fulham and advanced to the second round in 2006 and is comprised of several European proven veterans. Indeed, the Socceroos made it to the knockout stages four years ago and very nearly eliminated Italy. While Australia does not have an abundance of quality players, qualification for the World Cup was achieved with ease.

To catch all the striking actions of your favorite teams, you can watch this world cup with strikers fanfare in South Africa via our online streaming which leaves you with abundant of cable channels, over 3,000 channels around the world now and ever. Please visit (http://your site) for quick and connection links.

WhiteJC

http://www.fansfc.com/story/21794.html
Palermo goalkeeper not an option for Arsenal

Palermo insist Salvatore Sirigu is not for sale, amidst reports linking him with Arsenal Football Club.

Arsene Wenger is in the market for a new goalkeeper this summer after finally losing patience with both Manuel Almunia and Lukas Fabianski.

Fulham's Mark Schwarzer is said to be his top target, but he has also been linked with a move for Sirigu, who impressed after making 32 Serie A outings last season.

However, Palermo insist the 23-year-old is not for sale, and they will be relying on him when they look to gatecrash the top-four during the 2010-2011 season.

"The only goalkeeper on the market is Rubinho, seeing as his place in the squad has been taken by Sirigu, who is not for sale," said President Maurizio Zamparini.

WhiteJC

http://www.duniyalive.com/?p=134232
S.African soccer star says team doing a great job

Pretoria (South Africa), June 14 (ANI): South African football star Kagisho Dikgacoi has told Football365.co.za that the team is doing a good job and working well as a unit, and added that the next fixture will determine whether Bafana will qualify for the second round of the Soccer World Cup.

The 2010 hosts opened their campaign with a 1-1 draw against Mexico and now return to action on Wednesday when they take on Uruguay in front of what will be a partisan crowd at Loftus in Pretoria.

"We"re doing a great job and we"re working as a team.We won"t be depending on the other teams (to advance). We are best at winning, I must say we have been winning so we just have to win the next one," Sports24.com quoted Dikgacoi, as saying.

"So I"m not disappointed about the draw, we did well. We were a bit nervous but we came out of it," he added.

The Fulham midfielder also joined the chorus of acclaim for Reneilwe Letsholonyane.

The Kaizer Chiefs player went from relative obscurity to the World Cup in just eight months through some stunning displays for both club and country.

Letsholonyane is now firmly entrenched in the South African national team''s starting XI and his performances have impressed Dikgacoi who plays alongside the dreadlocked midfielder. (ANI)