watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

WCF: Semi-Finals

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, July 05, 2014, 05:16:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

I have been very disappointed with brazil this last few weeks. They are a very disjointed team who play boring football. Referrees are favouring them also. I want Germany to thrash them.

dannyboi-ffc

Does anyone else feel that irritating vibe from bbc/itv that they think we all want brazil to win it? A bit like the way they ars lick the english clubs in the champs league.

I hope at the very least brazil dont win it. Id actually be quite pleased for messi if he won it even though i dislike argentina. Im a costa rica fan for now. I love an underdog
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Bartender 14

Come on Dannyboi, support the Dutch tonight like I - as a Dutch - support Fulham for years now!

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on July 05, 2014, 08:06:44 AM
Does anyone else feel that irritating vibe from bbc/itv that they think we all want brazil to win it? A bit like the way they ars lick the english clubs in the champs league.

I hope at the very least brazil dont win it. Id actually be quite pleased for messi if he won it even though i dislike argentina. Im a costa rica fan for now. I love an underdog

Skatzoffc

The dutch are dirtier than the Brazilians were last night.
They should have had 10 yellows in 30 minutes against Chile. Totally ruined that game and I'd expect them to foul Costa Rica off  the pitch tonght as well.
Cheats are prospering in this world cup IMO, while talented teams/players are falling by the way-side.

We shall see.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Berserker

Yep agree Skatzoffc
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

HatterDon

I ALWAYS cheer for Brazil unless they're playing USA or England, but that's over. The combination of their fans disrespecting the Chilean national anthem, the ugly football they play, and Phil Scolari being king of the world has put me off them. I was cheering for Chile and for Colombia. If I must cheer for Germany, I will also.

And sorry Bartender14, I'm also cheering for Costa Rica. The Ticos play excellent football, and I support my region [especially now that USA and England are out].
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

The Bronsons

If Fred gets a world cup winner's medal that will be about as bizarre as football can get. In order of preference I'd like the world cup winners to be:

Costa Rica
Germany
Belgium
Holland
Argentina
Brazil

Martinsback

I never cheer on Germany, it can be wrongly construed and I could go viral.

I want Costa Rica to win.

crazycottager

well, Germany's job got a lot easier with neymar and silva out

Humbled

Would have liked to have seen any of -

Mexico, Chile or Columbia to have won it. They have been by far the most enjoyable to watch. However Belgium would be nice seen as the mrs has them in her work sweepstake.
I picked Argentina to win before it started but I really don't want that anymore!!!!!

jmh

I can't see Brazil being a match for Germany without Neymar and Thiago Silva.

YankeeJim

Quote from: The Bronsons on July 05, 2014, 02:02:26 PM
If Fred gets a world cup winner's medal that will be about as bizarre as football can get. In order of preference I'd like the world cup winners to be:

Costa Rica
Germany
Belgium
Holland
Argentina
Brazil

You've got the order exactly right.  :plus one:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Wingnut

Brazil annoyed the hell out of me last night. For that reason alone, I really hope that Germany beat them. Belgium are out by the looks of things and I can't see Costa Rica getting past the Dutch.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

blingo

Bartender 14

Excuse me for all the diving of Arjen Robben against Costa Rica and all the luck for my countrymen. Costa Rica had so many chances and were the far better team and should have gone through. Also excuses for the cheating to line up a new goalie at  the end, I'm feeling so ashamed!  075.gif

Quote from: Skatzoffc on July 05, 2014, 12:06:30 PM
The dutch are dirtier than the Brazilians were last night.
They should have had 10 yellows in 30 minutes against Chile. Totally ruined that game and I'd expect them to foul Costa Rica off  the pitch tonght as well.
Cheats are prospering in this world cup IMO, while talented teams/players are falling by the way-side.

We shall see.

Berserker

To change goal keepers did the Dutch have to use one of their substitute places, or for penalty shootouts can they use any body on their bench even if they didn't play?
Also as Robben is a very talented player, I think he would score many more goals if he just stayed on his feet, ran round defenders feet like Messi instead of falling over dramatically each time.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

EdenRob

Changing goalkeeper in the 119th minute for the soul purpose of getting through a penalty shoot-out was sheer brilliance.
It's not cheating it's using your head and every resource available to you.

I had the Dutch to go far in the WC and I hope they continue. I'd like to see England playing that well.  086.gif

the nutflush

I am supporting Germany.  I hope they beat Brazil.  Brazil haven't played to their potential and have had a good run with the refs.  I cant stand Arjen Robben so I cant support the Dutch.  I hope its a Germany Argentina final.  I had a little bet on Belgium at long odds so I hope Germany beat the Argies. 

Bartender 14

Thanks for supporting the Dutch, I hope more will come to do this. Our weakness is the fact that only Robben has brilliance and the rest is quite average. Most players play in the low-profile Eredivisie. Van Persie shows his quality not often enough and Sneijder only at moments. And then we miss our Nigel de Jong, this causes weakness in the defense.

And about Robben diving: in which situation was he doing so yesterday? Never ever, it is his incredible speed which makes him so vulnerable for tackles.

Quote from: EdenRob on July 06, 2014, 11:34:11 AM
Changing goalkeeper in the 119th minute for the soul purpose of getting through a penalty shoot-out was sheer brilliance.
It's not cheating it's using your head and every resource available to you.

I had the Dutch to go far in the WC and I hope they continue. I'd like to see England playing that well.  086.gif

the nutflush

I know if Australia had Schwarzer on the bench and we were nearing penalties he would be subbed straight on.  Full credit to the Dutch coach.  I still hate Arjen Robben though.  I could have bet my house on Ruiz missing that penalty.