more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sunday Fulham Stuff (06/07/14)...

Started by WhiteJC, July 06, 2014, 09:59:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Away Days: Leeds United

Every morning for 23 days we'll be providing a bite-size profile of our upcoming opposition in the 2014/15 Sky Bet Championship season. Next up is Leeds United.

Date: Saturday 13th December (3pm)

Recent history: From the Semi-Finals of the UEFA Champions League to playing in the third tier of English football in the space of six years, Leeds have been a consistent Championship side for some time now since winning promotion from League One in 2010. They have been relatively safe of relegation fears, but without challenging for promotion back to the Premier League.

The manager: Dave Hockaday, appointed June 2014

Player to watch: Sam Byram, right-back

Marathonbet odds for the title: 20/1

Head-to-head record: Fulham 16, Leeds 20, Draw 10

Previous meeting: Fulham 2-0 Leeds (Sean Davis, Luis Boa Morte) Premiership, March 2004

By train: London Kings Cross – Leeds (approx. 2 hours 15 minutes)

Five who played for both: Michael Brown, Olivier Dacourt, Eddie Lewis, Tony Warner, David Healy

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/july/05/away-days-leeds?

WhiteJC

Has He or Hasn`t He?

Some reports, emanating from Bulgaria, suggest that Fulham have paid €650,000 for a 17 year-old Bulgarian centre-back.

The teenager in question is Stefan Velkov, who stands six feet three inches tall. Velkov, although still only seventeen years of age; is on the books of Slavia Sofia for whom he has already made 23 appearances.

The deal is rumoured to be a five year-one although reports have done the rounds that attempts were made to scupper the deal with information being fed to our owner that Velkov had health problems.

We wait for confirmation from Fulham that a deal has gone through although the Sofia chairman is certain it is done and dusted!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=362795#ixzz36g2xKIIV

WhiteJC

Youngster Leaves Craven Cottage

It is becoming harder and harder to keep track of the movements in and out of Craven Cottage at the moment.

Our relegation from the Premier League, into the Championship, has certainly put the cat amongst the pigeons as Fulham seek to re-shape the squad ahead of what will, hopefully, be a promotion charge.

However, returning to the subject matter, it appears that one of our promising youngsters has chosen to pursue his career elsewhere with it being reported that Mehki Leacock-McLeod has departed Craven Cottage and joined Wolverhampton Wanderers on a two year-deal.

Here at Vital Fulham we`d like to wish him all the best.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=362812#ixzz36g38Jzvg

WhiteJC

Fulham man hails Tottenham, Manchester United and Manchester City target

http://www.london24.com/polopoly_fs/1.3671241.1404560543!/image/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_630/image.jpg

Fulham forward Bryan Ruiz paid tribute to Holland's Memphis Depay ahead of Costa Rica's meeting with the Oranje.

The Dutchman has been linked with moves to Manchester United, Manchester City and Tottenham and Ruiz, who spent time on loan with the winger at PSV Eindhoven, admitted that he worked together well with Depay.

"I know Memphis Depay very well because we played together with PSV this season," Ruiz told FIFA.com.

"We have a very good understanding when we play together with our club and he's a nice guy. I'll say hello in the tunnel, for sure, but after that it's all business."

He added: "We have nothing to lose,"

"We've come so far and done so much, but we want more. We want to continue on and see how far this can go."

http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/fulham/fulham_man_hails_tottenham_manchester_united_and_manchester_city_target_1_3671242

WhiteJC

Palermo eye Bryan Ruiz

Newly-promoted Palermo have set their sights on Costa Rica's Bryan Ruiz, who will be released by Fulham.

Ruiz scored two goals in Costa Rica's World Cup campaign, netting against Italy and Greece, while his team will face Holland in the quarter-final tonight.

The attacking midfielder struggled to make an impact at Fulham and was loaned out to PSV Eindhoven in January.

His contract expires in June 2015, so the Cottagers will be ready to release him for a nominal fee.

According to Sky Sport Italia, Serie A new boys Palermo are making an approach for Ruiz.

http://www.football-italia.net/51629/palermo-eye-bryan-ruiz?

WhiteJC

Fulham began their pre-season programme with a comfortable 3-0 win over East Fife

Fulham began their pre-season programme with a comfortable 3-0 win over East Fife in Methil.

Scott Parker took the captain's armband for a game where Cottagers coach Felix Magath elected to field an entirely different XI for each half.

And it was the 'second-half' XI who won the day with all the goals - from Elsad Zverotic, Hugo Rodallega and Cauley Woodrow - coming after the interval. 

Summer signings Shaun Hutchinson and Kay Voser both started against the Scottish League Two side but it was not until the 52nd minute that the small band of travelling supporters had something to cheer.

Zverotic (51) put the Whites in front, reacting quickest after Woodrow's shot had been blocked, and Rodallega heading home Zverotic's cross from close range to extend the advantage.

Twenty minutes from time, Lasse Vigen Christensen picked out the lively Woodrow with a lofted pass and the youngster showed some neat control before crashing home the third.

Manager Felix McGrath, the third man in one season charged with overseeing the west London club, said he wants to work on the team's fitness before the start of the new campaign.

"[The game] was a good exercise for us, it is a good change from training sessions for the players and I enjoyed it very much," the German told Sky Sports News.

"In these first days we do a lot of physical work, we see here on the pitch that the players are tired.

"But I want to see how they play - I want them to play forwards, to score goals and that is what we try to do in these friendly games."

Fulham see in the new season away at Ipswich Town on August 9.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9372907/fulham-began-their-pre-season-programme-with-a-comfortable-3-0-win-over-east-fife?

WhiteJC

Manager Reaction

Fulham opened their pre-season fixtures with a win on Saturday, with Manager Felix Magath describing his side's performance as "positive".

Second-half goals from Elsad Zverotić, Hugo Rodallega and Cauley Woodrow saw the Whites record a 3-0 victory at East Fife – in a game that saw debuts for three new signings and a number of young players.

"In pre-season it's not so much about the results," said Magath to fulhamfc.com. "These matches are part of our preparation alongside the squad working hard in training. Of course, our fitness will improve and this was just the start.

"But I was satisfied with the result and performance, it was positive. What we saw was the team getting the ball down and playing it forward – and we scored three goals."

Summer signings Shaun Hutchinson and Kay Voser both started the match, while Tim Hoogland was introduced at the break.

"We saw two different Fulham teams today," added Magath. "One in the first half and another in the second. We had some of our new players out there, and of course, it's all about them slotting in and getting used to their teammates.

"It was good to get out there and play, it's what the players want to be doing. We've got more games over the summer and we'll continue to work hard."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/july/05/manager-reaction?

WhiteJC

Woodrow on target for Fulham in pre-season friendly

Cauley Woodrow in action for England

England U20 striker Cauley Woodrow scored for Fulham in the Cottagers' first pre-season friendly, a 3-0 win over Scottish side East Fife.

Elsad Zverotić putting the Championship outfit ahead on 52 minutes, firing home after Woodrow's shot had been saved.

Hugo Rodallega headed home Zverotić's centre from three yards to make it 2-0 nine minutes later.

And Woodrow completed the scoring on 71, collecting Lasse Vigen Christensen's through ball and smashing home the third.

Woodrow scored twice for England in the recent Toulon Tournament – against South Korea and Colombia.

Read more at http://www.thefa.com/news/england/development/2014/jul/u20-striker-cauley-woodrow-scores-for-fulham-east-fife-friendly?#yZvMpopB0ZgQMdhS.99

WhiteJC

Fulham sign Stefan Velkov

London24.com reports that Fulham have signed Stefan Velkov from Slavia Sofia

The highly rated 17-year-old centre back has been reportedly a long-term target for Manchester United, however it appears that Felix Magath has beaten them to his signature.

Bulgarian Velkov first had had a trial at Old Trafford back in December and the Red Devils had apparent  first refusal on the defender, an option which they didn't take up.

The reports which have emanated from Bulgaria stated that the 17 year old has today agreed a deal with the London club.

Rumours have been circulating that Magath has been chasing the defender for some time and pushing hard for a deal with the players' representatives, a deal has been close for sometime until external influences tried to derail the deal.

The influences has inferred that the defender had reported 'health issues' which held up a deal, although those concerns were allayed and Fulham have agreed a five year deal reported to be worth £515,000 (650,000 Euros).

The deal has yet to be confirmed from either sides website yet.

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-sign-stefan-velkov-101/?

WhiteJC

Just what has happened to the squad harmony at Fulham?

All too often and for all the wrong reasons recently, Fulham have found themselves under the media spotlight. This needs to stop.

Upon taking over the club a few years ago, Martin Jol caused the initial fragmentation by releasing a number of first team players.

Bobby Zamora was first to bring attention to a problem, saying: 'Yes. I left because I didn't see eye-to-eye with Martin Jol.

'I think that is the case with the vast majority of players there now.'

At the time most shrugged off the comment, after all, Zamora had been an outspoken player during his tenure at the club who shared a love hate relationship with the fans.

Following this, Clint Dempsey left under strange circumstances. Suggested to be entirely at fault, Dempsey seemingly refused to play, before getting his move and Tweeting the rather cryptic: 'The truth will come out soon.'

A throwaway comment perhaps, but yet another oddity in the grand scheme of what followed.

Moving on to last season where the once modest Fulham couldn't keep off the back pages.

From sacking Martin Jol, hiring and firing Rene Meulensteen and bringing in Felix Magath – a man with the caricatured reputation of a Disney villain – Fulham's new direction became concerning.

Making matters worse, further parting shots made by players continued to tarnish the club's seemingly ever-diminishing reputation.

Chris David celebrates scoring a late goal (Picture: Getty Images)

First to speak was John Arne Riise. A player who made more of an impact on Instagram last season, posting pictures of his Liverpool tattoo and his chrome Audi, Riise stated in an open letter to the fans: 'If you knew what went on behind the scenes you might have kept your mouths shut!'

Following this, Brede Hangeland's exit also left fans with a rather sour taste in their mouths after online speculation suggested that he was released via email.

Dismissing the story, Fulham have since distanced themselves from the controversy, despite the fact Hangeland is said to be 'immensely disappointed' with the club.

And finally William Kvist has become the latest player to take a swipe – namely at Magath's well-publicised methods – showing that Fulham, despite being in the process of an overhaul, have major internal problems that need addressing.

For me, Fulham are still in the midst of a serious identity crisis where poor decisions, disloyalty and the notion that throwing money at a declining club – the exact opposite of what we did when we stayed up under Roy Hodgson – can instigate success.

It's time to get our Fulham back.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/05/just-what-has-happened-to-the-squad-harmony-at-fulham-4787880/?

WhiteJC

Educating the Costa Ricans

Interesting.

I also read that before the Holland game they had caught opponents ooffside 28 times. Next highest was Germany with 12. That lead will have grown after last night.

http://cravencottagenewsround.wordpress.com/2014/07/06/educating-the-costa-ricans/?

WhiteJC

Away Days: AFC Bournemouth

Every morning for 23 days we'll be providing a bite-size profile of our upcoming opposition in the 2014/15 Sky Bet Championship season. Next up is AFC Bournemouth.

Date: Friday 26th December (3pm)

Recent history: One of the recent success stories in the Football League, Bournemouth were on the brink of conference football after being hit with a 17-point deduction, but Eddie Howe oversaw a superb run of wins after being promoted to manager in January 2009 to steer the club to safety. The former Cherries defender has since guided them to two promotions, before narrowly missing out on the Play-Offs last season following a late surge.

The manager: Eddie Howe, appointed October 2012 (previously manager from January 2009 – January 2011)

Player to watch: Matt Ritchie, winger

Marathonbet odds for the title: 18/1

Head-to-head record: Fulham 6, Bournemouth 10, Draw 8

Previous meeting: Bournemouth 1-1 Fulham (Jamie Vincent; Kit Symons) Division Two, March 1999

By train: London Waterloo – Pokesdown (approx. 2 hours)

Five who played for both: Lauri Dalla Valle, Adam Green, Kevin Betsy, Christer Warren, Sean O'Driscoll

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/july/06/away-days-afc-bournemouth?

WhiteJC

Felix Magath pleased with Fulham's pre-season preparation

Fulham boss Felix Magath is pleased with the way his side are preparing for their upcoming promotion push in England's second tier.

Goals from Elsad Zverotić, Hugo Rodallega and Cauley Woodrow saw the Whites record a comfortable 3-0 victory at Scottish outfit East Fife

"In pre-season it's not so much about the results," Magath is quoted as saying by London24. "These matches are part of our preparation alongside the squad working hard in training. Of course, our fitness will improve and this was just the start.

"But I was satisfied with the result and performance, it was positive. What we saw was the team getting the ball down and playing it forward – and we scored three goals."

Fulham were relegated from the Premier League this past season, after 13 consecutive seasons in the top flight

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/fulham/news/magath-pleased-with-preparation_163565.html

WhiteJC

Striker Adam Taggart hoping move to Fulham gives him impetus to push on with Socceroos career

Adam Taggart takes on Dutch defender Ronald Vlaar during the World Cup.

NEW Fulham striker Adam Taggart hopes his Championship switch will provide him with the cutting edge he believes is the difference between Australian players and the world's best.

Taggart revealed that a personal chat with Fulham boss Felix Magath convinced him to ink a three-year deal with the club, despite their relegation from the Premier League.

The former Newcastle Jets striker opened up on his World Cup experience and said that his 45-minute appearance against Spain was educational and invaluable ahead of his London move.

Adam Taggart had a great season with the Newcastle Jets.

"I'm over the moon. I spoke to Felix, the CEO, the head scout and I wouldn't be going there if I didn't think it was the right move,'' Taggart said.
"It doesn't matter about money, it's about the opportunity to play and prove myself in Europe.

"You can't guarantee many players, especially a 21-year-old from Australia.

"But I'm coming to score goals and it's something they lacked last year.

"Felix seems to promote lots of young players, I'm excited to work under him and I believe he will continue to develop me.

"He has a reputation for being a tough coach and we're in a tough league looking to get back in the Premier League straight away.

Adam Taggart hopes to secure a permanent spot in the Socceroos line-up.

"There have been quite a few Aussies there in Mark Schwarzer and Ryan Williams, one of my best mates from Perth, is there now.
"I feel like it's the perfect opportunity and a great start to Europe.''

World Cup selection enhanced his reputation, but Magath started watching Taggart in February, when he replaced Dutchman Rene Meulentsteen.

Perth-born Taggart was deemed an outside chance of making the squad, though it's unclear whether Josh Kennedy's back injury cemented his spot in the final 23.

Taggart said the Brazil experience holds him in better stead for his transition, with Fulham kicking off its campaign away to Ipswich on August 9.

"It was fantastic. It was a funny moment, standing in tunnel next to (Fernando) Torres and (Andres) Iniesta and that's when it hits you that it's real,'' he said.

"Walking onto the pitch, everything was a blur.

Adam Taggart comes to console Mathew Ryan after Australia's defeat to the Netherlands in Brazil.

"I didn't feel I had the best game, it was hard to get involved. It gave me a bit of a taste of Euro football, to help understand the differences.
"Looking at the differences and putting yourself up against some of best centre backs in world, you realise it's only the fine details.

"The crispness of passing, punishing teams for mistakes _ when you're not at the highest level you might get away with a few mistakes.

"A lot of it is concentration and lapses costs us. A lot of it is in the mind.

"When you talk about confidence, belief and concentration, you have to guard the game like family and attack like it's the enemy and that's what we need to build on.

"Being in that game it was a massive, not relief, but it gave me understanding before I go to Europe.

"It's hard to say what impact the World Cup had,, it definitely helps getting selected for a World Cup at 21, but most of the games they watched were A-League.

"The coach has been watching me for six months.

"I've taken one step, I need to take the next step.''

His agent, Zeljko Susa from The Pitch Management, said Taggart had other offers, but felt this was the best progression after winning the A-League golden boot.

"There was significant interest from Europe, including a firm offer from a Dutch top flight club, but it was difficult for Adam to pass up this opportunity with the potential of the club returning to the Premier League,'' Susa said.

Originally published as Taggart sees Fulham as perfect for career

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/striker-adam-taggart-hoping-move-to-fulham-gives-him-impetus-to-push-on-with-socceroos-career/story-fnkjbhv0-1226979308817?nk=6382a78b90f23eeccc368cd6de03c9e1