watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Which strikers will stay?

Started by Pluto, July 08, 2014, 01:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

Ruiz and Trotta will go, Taggart on loan and Mitro on loan, Rodders, Woodrow, Dembele and McCormack will stay.

jeremyfulham

Trotta should go as he doesn't want to be here so should Ruiz & Mitroglou unless their attitude improves .

FulhamStudent

Hopefully, on the basis of playing two up top, we keep Rodders, Woodrow, Dembele, Mitrogol and McCormack. Send Taggart out on loan (although I don't see that happening) to a Birmingham/Charlton type of side i.e not one that will be directly challenging for promotion, to see if he handles the Championship well. George Williams is more of a wideman, and Ruiz is a number ten so I wouldn't include them in "striker" discussions. Let Trotta leave, at 21 he needs to play regular football, and clearly hasn't done enough to impress previous managers. Make sure we include a healthy sell-on cut, in case he earns a big move in the future.  

Lighthouse

Why do we want to keep Mitrogol? Not sure he is worth anything to anyone but the injury seems to have destroyed him. Would be great to find that he can return. But I don't see it. Ruiz will also be on his way wont he?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FulhamStudent

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 09, 2014, 12:21:03 AM
Why do we want to keep Mitrogol? Not sure he is worth anything to anyone but the injury seems to have destroyed him. Would be great to find that he can return. But I don't see it. Ruiz will also be on his way wont he?

A fit Mitrogol would tear the Championship apart

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: sunburywhite on July 08, 2014, 01:59:28 PM
I think Felix will pick McCormack as a left half, Ruiz will share the goalkeeping duties with Stockdale and Hugo will play right back

Ummm, you are not paying attention. Burn is our starting right back.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

ToodlesMcToot

So are we officially finished chasing Kamaric?
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

crazycottager

Quote from: FulhamStudent on July 09, 2014, 12:28:37 AM

Don't get too far ahead of yourself, we don't know that for sure

MrProphet

There's nothing I have seen from him that suggests he could even tear open a packet of crisps

Take any offer for Mitroglou draw a line under it and the same with Ruiz

Keep mccormack woodrow Rodders Dembele and taggart. Long hard season I think we need 5

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: General on July 09, 2014, 09:02:19 AM
Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on July 08, 2014, 01:59:09 PM
12 million Euros.... if that was genuine, would we sell, would it be good business?

That is the sort of figure I would expect him to be sold for, but not sure if I would be happy with it, that being said he is highly unproven, but does look a class above at every level he play's at

Chris Smalling.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: MrProphet on July 09, 2014, 08:24:49 AM

There's nothing I have seen from him that suggests he could even tear open a packet of crisps

Take any offer for Mitroglou draw a line under it and the same with Ruiz

Keep mccormack woodrow Rodders Dembele and taggart. Long hard season I think we need 5

A bit hard on Mitroglou as we haven't seen him much yet but the World Cup performances weren't inspiring. If Magath thinks he is good enough for the PL then loan him out for a year otherwise sell.

Ruiz should be sold while he is in contract.

That leaves us wth the five you mention (as of now). It seems bizarre to me that some think Taggart should be immediately loaned out. He seems the ideal substitute. If anyone should be loaned out it should be Dembele to get experience at a higher level.

hovewhite

mitro for me as I haven't seen anything from him which is probably a bit harsh but to allow players like cauley grow and get expierence I think it has to happen.

Deanothefulhamfan

12 million Euro's is nothing for a player of his potential... he is banging them in at every level he plays at, and has premier league experience albeit very limited. Playing for the under 18 french team, also PSG are one of the biggest spenders in world football.... add on to the fact my friend with some inside knowledge has told me that Dembele will be in the top french league by the start of the summer, got me extremley worried. That being said I was also asking people that if we got offered 12 milion euro's would it be good business?

Luke Shaw has just gone for 37 million, Walcott, Phil Jones, Smalling, Liverpool paid 5 million for sterling when he was 15??

BishopsParkFantastic

I would want to see Woodrow partner McCormack on a regular basis, with Taggart and Dembele with substitute opportunities - Roberts given opportunities in cup competitions to play with Woodrow, Taggart or McCormack up front.

Mitroglou on loan would provide a nominal fee income and savings on wages. Rodders I would keep until the January transfer window when, if the Woodrow/McCormack parnership is working, he could then go out on loan to make savings on wages and provide opportunities for Taggart, Dembele and Roberts in the 1st team.

Ruiz should be allowed to move on for a decent fee. I would allow Trotta to move on to develop his career - I think he deserves that opportunity. Williams would probably benefit to an on-loan move until January, and maybe again after that until the end of the season.

JackyFulham90

In my opinion we should look to sell Ruiz & Trotta.
Mitroglou will go out on loan leaving us with McCormack,  Woodrow,  Taggart, Dembele & Rodallega